Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1094: The Cowfish Orlando Soft Opening Review Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Thai Hedrick

Re: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights XX

Postby CTU Agent » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:08 am

Also make sure to check out the media page where two new videos have been posted. The Legendary Truth house looks great (I believe you see it in the video). A ghost house done right takes a lot of creativity and I'm very excited about seeing it executed.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/news_index.html

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:43 am

Does anyone know where to get info about the RIP tours at? I cant seem to find it on the HHN webpage anywhere

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:56 am

I knew I decided to go to school in Florida for a reason...can't wait for my first ever HHN. So excited! Need to go ahead and buy a Frequent Fear pass.

Anyone who goes to HHN frequently...is it worth the $140 to buy a Frequent Fear Pass with Express pass? It's good for every night of the pass. How ridiculous do the waits get?
Last edited by Jakizle on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:10 am.

Thai Hedrick

Postby CTU Agent » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:56 am

Email viptours@universalorlando.com. I don't think they are listed yet but that is who I book through for the Unmasking the Horror tours.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Jakizle wrote:I knew I decided to go to school in Florida for a reason...can't wait for my first ever HHN. So excited! Need to go ahead and buy a Frequent Fear pass.

Anyone who goes to HHN frequently...is it worth the $140 to buy a Frequent Fear Pass with Express pass? It's good for every night of the pass. How ridiculous do the waits get?

Jake - I've been for the past two Halloween Horror Nights with our group and we get the RIP tours. The lines on the Saturday night are RIDICULOUS. For someone like us who is spolied by TPR trips and ERT and such, the skip the line passes are a really good idea. I don't think I could make myself stand in a couple of hour long line for a Haunted House - no matter how good (and the HHN houses are AMAZING.)
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby BBparks57 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Those videos are sweet!

Last year when I got the FF pass, Opening weekend was crazy, but on the sundays, weds, and thursdays weren't bad. Especially early on and around park closing, half the houses had 5 minute-20 minute waits. That was last year mind you things could be different and it could be much busier. I'm not gonna get it, just because I can go so often and I don't mind long lines. (I don't feel like dishing out the extra dough either, I am in college)

Although I felt dumb waiting 2 hours for Saw house opening weekend last year and then that next thursday I walked right in.

Thai Hedrick

Postby CTU Agent » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:06 pm

I just had the awesome opportunity to participate in a conference call with:

TJ Mannarino, Director of Art & Design for Entertainment for Universal Orlando Resort
Patrick Braillard, Show Director of Entertainment for Universal Orlando Resort
Mike Aiello, Show Director for Universal Orlando Resort

Below is a write up of what was revealed.

FEAR – The Icon to Rule Them All

Fear is exactly what he sounds like (yes, he!) – the thing inside all of us that makes us run away scared. But Fear is manifested as a creature-esque character and is the ruler of all icons. He stands above them and will be very present in this year’s event (marketing, merchandise, houses, scarezones). He ties in all previous years in that one thing has been consistent in this ever changing event – FEAR. We don’t know what he exactly looks like and know little about him, but do not FEAR, for more details will be revealed in the coming weeks. Pay close attention to the Legendary Truth site and its Facebook page. We do know that the lantern is Fear, and Fear is the lantern. I imagine the fiery lantern being something like Fear’s heart that fuels him.

Creation of HHN XX: Twenty Years of FEAR

HHN was stuck between two places: do a reunion year to please fans of the past or make it all original to please fans of the new. So HHN took the best of both worlds and is bringing forth an event that is full of new yet still pays homage to the past. Through a scarezone (HHN: 20 Years of Fear) and a house (Horror Nights: The Hallow’d Past) fans of icons and the past can see some of their favorite characters (body collectors and treaks/foons to name a few.) But on the other hand, the event is all new with original stories, a new icon, new streets, and all new shows. They wanted to take HHN back to where it started – with all new creations and not buying intellectual properties.

Creative wants this year to be the one that paves the bloody road for the future. What is the next franchise house? Could it be Zombiegeddon, Hades, etc.? Could FEAR be the next Jack? And at the same time, we do get to return to ShadyBrook asylum but with a ghostly twist. They described this year as a ‘Thank You’ to Horror Nights fans.

FEAR Inducing Houses

Some new details were given about this year’s houses. There will be a house that is very tongue-in-cheek and has that sadistic horror comedy vibe to it. The house was not identified but they said it’s the one we least expect. Zombiegeddon is a house that will have the audience surprised in the direction that it goes. Could this be the humor house?

My most anticipated house this year is Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate. Creative revealed that this house was created two years ago but shelved because they felt they couldn’t do it right. A good paranormal house has to be unique and utilize new, innovative gags to really make it feel haunted. And they promise, this haunted house will feel haunted! Side note: they mentioned that every year they create roughly sixteen houses and then pick out eight. The others are shelved and may be picked up the following year. This is the case with Legendary Truth.

The best thing I heard in the conference call is this next bit: one of the houses will feature an OPEN FLAME! I love fire and it’s a bold move to put this in a haunted house but I’m stoked that Universal is going out on limb to try new technology. (I imagine this will be featured in Hades: The Gates of Ruin but not completely sure.)

Shows

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is out and Brian Brushwood is in. I asked about what lead to this decision and was informed that they feel this show didn’t fit in with this year’s event. It could return in future years but for this year, they wanted to bring Brian Brushwood’s new show to the event.

Aiello informed us about this year’s ‘Bill & Ted’ show and while most details were kept under wraps, he did reveal part of this year’s story. Bill and Ted are going to be replaced. Oh no! But keep in mind, this is only in the story of the show, the actual show is going nowhere.

Postby alpengeist04 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 pm

This year really sounds like a cool HHN, thanks for sharing the info Tyler.

Postby downunder » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:57 pm

I was hoping Behind The Screams tours would be on this year, sent my email to make a reservation.

Thai Hedrick

Postby CTU Agent » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:03 pm

^ They are. Information will be out soon.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!