TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

I am Kind of bummed about rocky horror, I had a feeling it would not return this year. Maybe next year (I'll get over it, but I shall def. miss it)

I can not wait. The stories and themes sound amazing, I love the thought they put into it, and looks like we'll have a bit of everything. Having the theme and a fright zone dedicated to fear it self, which I guess now is an actual thing, sounds amazing. A figure that is fear, is going to be awesome. Everything sounds top notch, and I love they did not do a full on reunion, but I can't wait for the tribute areas.

btw, turns out my schedule re opened for friday opening night! I know it will be crazy busy, but I'm getting the frequent fear pass and will be going on a lot of sundays so I have time to see it all. I can't wait for the end of this month! Anybody else going opening day?

I knew I decided to go to school in Florida for a reason...can't wait for my first ever HHN. So excited! Need to go ahead and buy a Frequent Fear pass.

Anyone who goes to HHN frequently...is it worth the $140 to buy a Frequent Fear Pass with Express pass? It's good for every night of the pass. How ridiculous do the waits get?

Jake - I've been for the past two Halloween Horror Nights with our group and we get the RIP tours. The lines on the Saturday night are RIDICULOUS. For someone like us who is spolied by TPR trips and ERT and such, the skip the line passes are a really good idea. I don't think I could make myself stand in a couple of hour long line for a Haunted House - no matter how good (and the HHN houses are AMAZING.)

Those videos are sweet!

Last year when I got the FF pass, Opening weekend was crazy, but on the sundays, weds, and thursdays weren't bad. Especially early on and around park closing, half the houses had 5 minute-20 minute waits. That was last year mind you things could be different and it could be much busier. I'm not gonna get it, just because I can go so often and I don't mind long lines. (I don't feel like dishing out the extra dough either, I am in college)

Although I felt dumb waiting 2 hours for Saw house opening weekend last year and then that next thursday I walked right in.

It's already on the website, there is a 3 hour tour for $75 and a 2 hour tour for $50:

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/rip_tours.html

UNMASKING THE HORROR TOURS

Get an inside look at this year's Halloween Horror Nights® as your guide takes you behind the screams, showing you the inner workings of several of this year's main attractions. Along the way, we will share the ghoulish secrets and history of Halloween Horror Nights® and how it has become one of the most anticipated Halloween events in the world.

Unmasking the Horror Tour: $50+tax per person

Departs at 11am and 2pm daily

Two hours in length

Basic overview of this year's Halloween Horror Nights®

"Lights on" tour of three haunted houses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unmasking the Horror: Twenty Years of FEAR Tour: $75+tax per person

Sept. 29, Oct. 6 & 13 (Tours depart at 10am & 2pm)

Oct. 20 & 27 (Tours depart at 1pm only)

Three hours in length

Departs promptly at 1 PM

Full overview of this year's Halloween Horror Nights®.

A more in-depth "lights on" tour of three haunted houses

A Q & A session with one of our Halloween Horror Nights® creators

I'm going to be taking my first trip to Orlando on the weekend of October 9th. The primary purpose for my visit will be IOA for obvious reasons (Hulk, Spider-Man, HP, etc.). I'm super excited now to know that I'll be able to be there for HHN now! Just need to convince my GF now.

This one will be a blast, I think because it is not movie based it will make it much harder to anticipate the scares.

I'm looking forward to the 3 hour Behind the Screams tour.

Has there been any news whether Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit will be open at HHN? If it is I won't bother going to Universal in the day because I've done everything else before.

Welcome! Great to have Horror Nights fans here.

The site has posted a teaser of the TV Spot this year and it looks epic. They actually brought on the directors of the film "Daybreakers" to direct it. Check it out under the 'News' section.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/news_index_b.html

EDIT: Horror movie site, Shock Till You Drop, got the TV spot and have posted it!

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16407

Went to the movies yesterday here in L.A. and they showed the Orlando HHN commercial before the movie! Not sure why they're showing it clear across the country but it made me psyched! I'm hitting the event on both coasts (as I do every year).

^I'm doing both coasts as well, I don't know where I'm going to find the time to even do that Harry Potter thing. It's also a shame I won't have time to do some of the other LA Haunts like Sinister Pointe, the Queen Mary one, and Old Town in Pasadena.

The rumours seem to suggest HRRR will be running but we'll have to see, do they even announce what rides will be running during HHN at USO?

^Didn't know that, the last time I checked the Sinister Pointe website this week they didn't have any 2010 info, sounds cool but it's all academic - I'd have to miss HHN to do it. Maybe next year.

Is anyone excited about Brian Brushwood? I have no plans on seeing him at HHN.

We just booked a trip to Orlando over the Halloween weekend, (together with a Royal Caribbean cruise), and I'm totally stoked to finally experience HHN! As embarrassing as it is, the only Halloween park event I've ever been to was at Chessington's World Of Adventures way back in like 1995.... Anyways, I have some questions for any experienced HHN goers:

1) We will be in Orlando October 29th- November 1st. Which night will likely be the least crowded? We'll be in the parks all day anyways, so we will use the nighttime just to do the special HHN stuff.

2) Our normal park passes are included in our package price. Where is the best place to buy HHN tickets, and is it necessary to get them in advance?

3) Is it realistic to think we can experience all of HHN in one night?

Thanks for your help!

1) The halloween weekend usually isnt that busy. Last year I went on a thur/fri and they extended the hours and I still left early since I had did everything that night atleast twice.

2) Get stay and scream. You can stay in the park and get to the house early before the crowd outside the gate. Get them either online or at the park. I would stay in the kids zone area. Its a little known secret that if you start the house from that order you are exited out at the entrance of the next house...and so on and so on.

3) Very realistic. Like I said, if you hit the parade building, then the spring tents, then jaws que, then disaster and head to the sound stages in that order you will be fine. I have been doing it that way since they start using the parade building and it works out perfectly.

I would also recommend the unmasking the horror tour since its your first time at a halloween event in years. You get a behind the scenes look at what goes into making the scares!

1) Its a little known secret that if you start the house from that order you are exited out at the entrance of the next house...and so on and so on.

3) Very realistic. Like I said, if you hit the parade building, then the spring tents, then jaws que, then disaster and head to the sound stages in that order you will be fine. I have been doing it that way since they start using the parade building and it works out perfectly.

quote]

Interesting! I've never heard that. I always start with the Jaws queue because, as soon as the Bill & Ted shows start dumping, that line gets CRAZY! Perhaps I'll try it your way this year. Thanks for the tip!

I'll be there in 4 weeks! Cannot wait

Im gonna use last year for example. Silver screams let out by the entrance to chucky, chucky let out by the entrance to the skudder house (cant remember the name), that house let out by saw, from saw take a short walk to leave it to cleaver, then to the back soundstage house that lets out by the soundstage house that holds 2.

As jarmor said, the best way to start is by doing "Stay and Scream" or making sure you're in the park when they close it down to change over to HHN. They put you in a holding area where you wait for about an hour. Even though the event is not supposed to start until 7, they'll usually let you out between 6:15 and 6:30. You can get a good jump on the houses then and get at least 3 done in the first hour. Then just plan your attack and keep moving!

Have a blast! It's the best time of the year