Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1326: Race Through New York Grand Opening Event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights XX

Postby downunder » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:06 pm

^I was the same with HHN in Hollywood last year (my first Halloween event), as soon as I got back I was following everything that was about this year's event. This year I'm doing HHN on both coasts and I can't wait.

They keep it so secret, a maze announcement seems so far away.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:37 am

Currently a friend and I are planning a trip to Orlando for HHN since neither of us have seen Florida's version though we are frequent annual Knott's Haunt & USH's HHN guests.

Thinking about going to HHN on 10/10, and perhaps 10/7 also with FF pass if we choose to. Is Express worth it on those non-Fri/Sat nights relatively early in October? What do you think we'd get more out of - going twice with FF no Express, or once just on 10/10 via Stay & Scream w/ Express?

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best way to go cost-wise since my friend has never been to Orlando and wants to check out IOA along with HHN. Right now I'm leaning towards 2-day Universal base ticket + 1 stay & scream on 10/10 (Sun) + Express, but thinking maybe there's merit in dropping Express for FF and going to HHN twice?

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby timberskara » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:48 pm

While I'm trying not to listen to the hype, the truth is I'm getting really geeked for my first HHN. After being uber involved in the Haunt at VF (myself and a co-worker were in charge of makeup and costuming for the 3 years I was there), the Halloween culture has been pretty much ingrained in me. To me, this event and Knotts' are the models that other parks try to imitate, so I'm excited to finally be able to check it out in person.
--Kara (car-uh)

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby BBparks57 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:27 am

I'm not sure where it was mentioned, but I believe I saw a big/main announcement is the 26th? If so I'm very excited to get some more information, I keep scanning over the photos to try and see as much as I can. I was told some information of Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure, and the theme of it. Not sure if it's true but I'm sure it will be awesome no matter what, I loved it last year.

Do you think I am getting my hopes up for another Rocky Horror Tribute Show? That was a huge highlight for me, yes I am a huge cult fan of that movie haha.

Also, anybody else from TPR going opening weekend? I'm not sure I'll be able to, I'll know by wednesday when my new class schedule comes out. If so, perhaps a small meet up is in order?

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:41 am

Im pretty sure Rocky Hooror is not returning this year.

As for the big update, 26th is accurate, Universal have been writing it on there many, many Facebook pages...

Postby BBparks57 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Oh, thank you!

I'm not much for following industries or much of anything on Facebook, I guess I should get more used to that. I really loved the cast that were involved in Tribute to Rocky, I would love to see it again, but ah well. Sweet week, Cedar Points announcement tomorrow, and HHN's on Thursday!

Looks like I wont make opening night, I have Class 5pm-1am, but I think I'll be good on that Saturday. Can't wait!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby disneyfan1313 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:42 pm

^ they seem to be putting more and more stuff up every day but it is all passive. I'm surprised there hasn't been more "solve the puzzle" type things with interactions with the web site, etc. I am curious to see if they link it back to the actual event... it would be awesome if there were things in the houses and scarezones that tied into the storyline.

Postby BBparks57 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:18 am

^ ya, I agree.

I remember there being quite a bit to piece together last year, clues to all the houses and all that. I do like all this LT stuff, and the lantern bit is really cool. I Can't wait for what ever is announced tomorrow!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit at Universal Orlando in 2009

Postby zjohn1988 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:04 pm

6 max

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:22 am

The event looks awesome as always and I cant wait! I personally like the custom created houses better than the movie themed ones (although the general public may not) so this event should be great. Anyone know if Rockit is going to be open during Horror Nights this year? Or what other attractions will be for that matter?

Really excited the Brian Brushwood Show is back this year, his show was a lot of fun 2 years ago and I think a second show really adds a lot to the event.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!