Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1067: Halloween Horror Nights 24 house & mazes announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Thai Hedrick

Re: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights XX

Postby CTU Agent » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Yeah, they are actually a really good deal. I know if I lived in Florida, I'd definitely go for the FFP with Friday and Express.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:48 pm

^I concur, I'm going on Sunday 10/3 and Thursday 10/7 and I always going to get Express Passes - so I saved $74.99 on the second nights admission. Now I've got to figure out the best deals on the rest of my Florida stuff - heading over to Club TPR.

My Mini Cooper > My User Name

Postby dammie16@vt.edu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:56 am

Eventually I will take weekends off from Halloweekends and see these great events. Heck maybe i'll move to Florida and work for HHN instead of Halloweekends, but that would mean moving my real job lol

This event always looks awesome.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby disneyfan1313 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Interesting you guys think its a good deal - its actually a bit higher of a price than I thought it would be. I was hoping for around $120 for the normal FF pass with express and $180 for the one that includes Fridays. If either included parking - it would be a slam dunk for me...but as it is - its a little high.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:39 pm

^I was expecting something closer to $180 as well. My thought on the whole thing is that I'll be buying the Fear Pass Plus unless I know someone else that I'll be going with that also has Express on their pass (or has bought it for the night). I can justify it if I'm going to use Express more than once, but between the fact that I don't mind waiting in (reasonable) lines & the fact that I'll be going far too many times this year anyways, it doesn't bother me to save a good deal of money by sticking with the Express-free option.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Thai Hedrick

Postby CTU Agent » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:19 pm

A small site update has been posted. You can now click on the lantern which explodes into flames revealing 14 Polaroids on the floor (8 houses + 6 scarezones?). Only three are clickable and there's not much too see. But in a year where so little has been revealed, any update about something new is a big deal.

The Universal Orlando twitter posted a higher quality image, shown below.
137978475-ba787f50edc7273d7466311c26a298f9.4c536078-scaled.jpg
Sprung Tent 2 House
Viewed 1337 times
Last edited by CTU Agent on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:40 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:30 pm

My view on the Frequent Fear pass is based on what I am doing - I'm going on 2 non peak nights and I was definitely going to get Express Passes both nights, so it's saving me $74.99 on the second night's admission, which is better than nothing. I wish they had an unlimited Front of Line like USH, that was worth every cent last year, and I'd be prepared to pay $$$ for it because I'm coming from 12,000 miles away so I want to do as much as possible.

I found with the mazes at USH that there was so much you can miss if you weren't in a room at the right time, I did the Halloween maze at USH 18-20 times over two nights and I when I checked out a video on youtube I still missed one (relatively minor) scare.

Adam or Tyler, is it worth making a 2010 Tampa Howl O Scream thread? They have just announced that a band called MyX will be doing shows every night and all tickets are now on sale.

Thai Hedrick

Postby CTU Agent » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:23 pm

For those that remember Legendary Truth (from 2008), it's back! Legendary Truth was an online 'game' that involved extensive fan interactions online and throughout the park. Uncovering the investigations and solving the clues helped reveal integral parts of the event's story that the general public were never aware of.

If you go to the HHN site and click on the lantern, you will arrive at the 'polaroid page'. Upon waiting for a few minutes, the screen will turn green and Legendary Truth hijacks the page warning you about HHN's deception:

Legendary Truth monitors the world wide web. Universal's Halloween Horror Nights is not telling you the whole story. Learn the truth.

Following the link, you end up at Legendary Truth.

Through further exploration, we discover that HHN A&D are evil and this lantern on the main page is more than it should be. There's also a Facebook fan page which features images of these transcripts, attached below.
39857_149182428429623_147356518612214_496009_5978843_n.jpg
Universal Art & Design Letter
Viewed 1276 times
39857_149182431762956_147356518612214_496010_7462393_n.jpg
Call Transcript
Viewed 1276 times

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby disneyfan1313 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm pretty excited that the Legendary Truth stuff is starting up again. I love ARGs and this could prove interesting - especially with how early it is starting up. I say we start up a Team TPR to figure all the stuff out! :)

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Re: Universal Orlando's Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

Postby dandaman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Another day, another informed article, but at least this guy has a weight-loss goal, so kudos to him.

ORLANDO, Fla. — One man, who weighs 300 pounds, is now using a theme park's size restrictions as motivation to lose weight.

Usually, people are tuned away from theme park rides and roller coasters because they are too small. At the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter, some people are too big to ride, according to Universal Orlando.

The roller coaster, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, has size restrictions.

Universal said all the seat restraints on the ride require three clicks from the safety bar. If the bar does not click three times for someone, the patron is asked to get up.

Banks Lee, who was turned away from the new ride, launched his own blog, called "Three Clicks," to motivate weight loss.

"And it just blew up. People said I was positive motivation, saying I am inspiring them. It's such a breath of fresh air that people are not complaining or suing, because it is my fault — because I'm overweight," Lee said.

Lee said he is determined to get back on the ride and hear those three clicks by the end of the year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38537353/ns/travel-family_travel/?GT1=43001

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!