Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1092 - HHN 25 Teaser...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Thai Hedrick

Re: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights XX

Postby CTU Agent » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:23 pm

For those that remember Legendary Truth (from 2008), it's back! Legendary Truth was an online 'game' that involved extensive fan interactions online and throughout the park. Uncovering the investigations and solving the clues helped reveal integral parts of the event's story that the general public were never aware of.

If you go to the HHN site and click on the lantern, you will arrive at the 'polaroid page'. Upon waiting for a few minutes, the screen will turn green and Legendary Truth hijacks the page warning you about HHN's deception:

Legendary Truth monitors the world wide web. Universal's Halloween Horror Nights is not telling you the whole story. Learn the truth.

Following the link, you end up at Legendary Truth.

Through further exploration, we discover that HHN A&D are evil and this lantern on the main page is more than it should be. There's also a Facebook fan page which features images of these transcripts, attached below.
39857_149182428429623_147356518612214_496009_5978843_n.jpg
Universal Art & Design Letter
Viewed 1337 times
39857_149182431762956_147356518612214_496010_7462393_n.jpg
Call Transcript
Viewed 1337 times

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby disneyfan1313 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm pretty excited that the Legendary Truth stuff is starting up again. I love ARGs and this could prove interesting - especially with how early it is starting up. I say we start up a Team TPR to figure all the stuff out! :)

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Re: Universal Orlando's Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

Postby dandaman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Another day, another informed article, but at least this guy has a weight-loss goal, so kudos to him.

ORLANDO, Fla. — One man, who weighs 300 pounds, is now using a theme park's size restrictions as motivation to lose weight.

Usually, people are tuned away from theme park rides and roller coasters because they are too small. At the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter, some people are too big to ride, according to Universal Orlando.

The roller coaster, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, has size restrictions.

Universal said all the seat restraints on the ride require three clicks from the safety bar. If the bar does not click three times for someone, the patron is asked to get up.

Banks Lee, who was turned away from the new ride, launched his own blog, called "Three Clicks," to motivate weight loss.

"And it just blew up. People said I was positive motivation, saying I am inspiring them. It's such a breath of fresh air that people are not complaining or suing, because it is my fault — because I'm overweight," Lee said.

Lee said he is determined to get back on the ride and hear those three clicks by the end of the year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38537353/ns/travel-family_travel/?GT1=43001

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:59 pm

SLUSHIE wrote:I found the ride pretty disappointing. The video sections of the ride are incredibly blurry and I think ruin the whole experience. It's paced way too fast and way too much stuff is going on. The 2nd day I rode it the effects on the dragoin weren't working and since it doesn't move or anything it looked really bad just sitting there with the sprinklers sticking out of its mouth. Spider-man is a way better ride.

The crowd control is pretty bad too but at least they are working on it. The first time I went we had to get in a line that went though Jurassic park to get a pink ticket, then get in another line and had our pink ticket to somebody to get in the area. The 2nd time on a week or so later we were given a receipt with a time to come back later, like a fastpass or something.

The line for the ride also needs to be worked on. The line extends way out the entrance because of people having to put stuff in fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. People can just go in the gift shop at the exit (which I admit to doing) and skip the whole first half of the line. There is hardly any wait for the single rider line though

Really? I am sort of surprised to hear this...I'm not even a Harry Potter fan at ALL and I thought the ride was absolutely amazing. I though every single scene was very nicely done and the story was really good for an amusement ride. For how quickly it moves the ride is pretty long as there is a TON of stuff that goes on. Admittingly I did notice new things every time I rode, but that just goes to show how much there really is.

Also, I'm curious when you visited. I went on a Sunday (July 11th) and anyone could walk into The Wizarding World at any time all day. I do agree that the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are extremely cramped and it is really dark in there but at the same time I like them...feels like you are down in a castle.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby palmerleeberry » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:36 pm

A quote that was submitted from dandaman:
One man, who weighs 300 pounds, is now using a theme park size restictions as motivation to lose weight.

Well, good for him; I did the same thing for another attraction and I am happy to announce I was able to ride that ride I couldn't ride the year before.

I think that this could be the newest trend in the world of weight loss: either lose that big fat :butt: or lose your seat. Your choice.

:pillow: "As for me, I can ride anything because I can fit into any restraints, but nobody ever takes me to an amusement park. Oh well, I can always dream about it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:40 pm

stellaclose wrote:OFD officials said one rider called 911 when the roller coaster stopped Friday night because he thought he was upside down. However, Universal officials said the Forbidden Journey ride doesn't go upside down.

... SUPER MORON!!!

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Not For Sale » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Banks is actually a TPR member and a real nice dude the one time I met him.
-Bryan Stoll
Stupidity|Show|Self

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:34 pm

^ For some reason I seem to recall his name being mentioned somewhere on the site. Good on him.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby neovortex2k » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:13 am

Am flying over from Ireland next week to try out this place.
Cant wait. Have been hearing mixed reports but hopefully it'll live up to the good ones. The pics i've seen look amazing. Any current updates or tips?

Thai Hedrick

Postby CTU Agent » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Well seeing that today is Friday the 13th, an update seemed appropriate. Several new polaroids have developed. The only two I found really interesting were the ones attached below. One is clearly the 'HHN Museum' house - hosting horrors from the past. This is rumored to be in the Parade building. The other is a sign indicating that the house in the Jaws queue will be an orphanage. Should be exciting.

Also, Legendary Truth updated with some photos that have images hidden in them.
41257_435116318232_126469058232_4966562_3236526_n.jpg
HHN Museum House
Viewed 1140 times
39673_435116528232_126469058232_4966566_6434441_n.jpg
JAWS Queue House
Viewed 1140 times
Last edited by CTU Agent on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:41 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!