Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1082 - HHN24 Team Member Preview Night
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Universal Orlando's Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

Postby odene497 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:42 pm

"Hello, I'm stuck on this ride and the park probably has no idea. Help!"

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Re: Universal Orlando's Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

Postby SLUSHIE » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:24 pm

I found the ride pretty disappointing. The video sections of the ride are incredibly blurry and I think ruin the whole experience. It's paced way too fast and way too much stuff is going on. The 2nd day I rode it the effects on the dragoin weren't working and since it doesn't move or anything it looked really bad just sitting there with the sprinklers sticking out of its mouth. Spider-man is a way better ride.

The crowd control is pretty bad too but at least they are working on it. The first time I went we had to get in a line that went though Jurassic park to get a pink ticket, then get in another line and had our pink ticket to somebody to get in the area. The 2nd time on a week or so later we were given a receipt with a time to come back later, like a fastpass or something.

The line for the ride also needs to be worked on. The line extends way out the entrance because of people having to put stuff in fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. People can just go in the gift shop at the exit (which I admit to doing) and skip the whole first half of the line. There is hardly any wait for the single rider line though

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights XX

Postby downunder » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:22 pm

The Frequent Fear Passes with Express Access are now available, just brought mine.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/frequent_fear.html

The non-peak FF with express access is $154.98, which is the equivalent cost of 1 night's admission plus 2 non-peak express passess. The FF Express with Fridays included $239.98.

Thai Hedrick

Postby CTU Agent » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Yeah, they are actually a really good deal. I know if I lived in Florida, I'd definitely go for the FFP with Friday and Express.

Postby downunder » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:48 pm

^I concur, I'm going on Sunday 10/3 and Thursday 10/7 and I always going to get Express Passes - so I saved $74.99 on the second nights admission. Now I've got to figure out the best deals on the rest of my Florida stuff - heading over to Club TPR.

My Mini Cooper > My User Name

Postby dammie16@vt.edu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:56 am

Eventually I will take weekends off from Halloweekends and see these great events. Heck maybe i'll move to Florida and work for HHN instead of Halloweekends, but that would mean moving my real job lol

This event always looks awesome.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby disneyfan1313 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Interesting you guys think its a good deal - its actually a bit higher of a price than I thought it would be. I was hoping for around $120 for the normal FF pass with express and $180 for the one that includes Fridays. If either included parking - it would be a slam dunk for me...but as it is - its a little high.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:39 pm

^I was expecting something closer to $180 as well. My thought on the whole thing is that I'll be buying the Fear Pass Plus unless I know someone else that I'll be going with that also has Express on their pass (or has bought it for the night). I can justify it if I'm going to use Express more than once, but between the fact that I don't mind waiting in (reasonable) lines & the fact that I'll be going far too many times this year anyways, it doesn't bother me to save a good deal of money by sticking with the Express-free option.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Thai Hedrick

Postby CTU Agent » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:19 pm

A small site update has been posted. You can now click on the lantern which explodes into flames revealing 14 Polaroids on the floor (8 houses + 6 scarezones?). Only three are clickable and there's not much too see. But in a year where so little has been revealed, any update about something new is a big deal.

The Universal Orlando twitter posted a higher quality image, shown below.
137978475-ba787f50edc7273d7466311c26a298f9.4c536078-scaled.jpg
Sprung Tent 2 House
Viewed 1354 times
Last edited by CTU Agent on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:40 pm.

Postby downunder » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:30 pm

My view on the Frequent Fear pass is based on what I am doing - I'm going on 2 non peak nights and I was definitely going to get Express Passes both nights, so it's saving me $74.99 on the second night's admission, which is better than nothing. I wish they had an unlimited Front of Line like USH, that was worth every cent last year, and I'd be prepared to pay $$$ for it because I'm coming from 12,000 miles away so I want to do as much as possible.

I found with the mazes at USH that there was so much you can miss if you weren't in a room at the right time, I did the Halloween maze at USH 18-20 times over two nights and I when I checked out a video on youtube I still missed one (relatively minor) scare.

Adam or Tyler, is it worth making a 2010 Tampa Howl O Scream thread? They have just announced that a band called MyX will be doing shows every night and all tickets are now on sale.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!