TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^So multiple reports from people who have ridden it and said that they saw and felt the trims isn't enough proof for you? Have you been to the park since I305 was built? Do you realize that there are precisely ZERO places to photograph that side of the first drop from inside the park (unless you illegally take on ride photo/video)? Denial is an ugly thing.....

This video (just posted) clearly shows it going much slower down the drop and over the second hill

Wow...that is actually noticeably a lot slower than the offride videos I shot.

--Robb

So what happens with the ratings of this ride? Does anyone who rode it in its beginning stages think it's going to substantially drop? I'm actually so happy and envious for everyone that got to ride this thing un-neutered!

I really can't believe this is happening, as it appears the ride will never be the same again.

Just another MF now, I suppose.

This video (just posted) clearly shows it going much slower down the drop and over the second hill:

I really haven't chimed in on the whole trim on the first drop, but I have to say that video is just sad. Hopefully they aren't done tweaking this ride just yet.

Would it have been possible to add the trims on the backside of the 150' hill? This would have kept the best parts of the ride intact, while keeping the improvements during the rest of the ride. With the trims on the 1st drop the blackouts/greyouts are potentially worse since the high positive g's are even more sustained.

I will try to make it up there today before work and get some good pics of the trims and some video.

Nothing can prepare you for how bad it will look, the brakes easily cover 2/3-1/2 of the drop

I was also thinking about a good solution although very expensive. just put a big overbank turn like MF's after the first drop.

The roughness really is not the big concern with the park. it is the Grey/blacking out. and these trims do not solve that problem.

JEFF

Wasn't the problem with the wheels being chewed up everyday the main problem? If the trims don't fix the blacking out problem, then I hope they remove them. But, If the trims fix the wheel problem, I think it's a good chance they'll stay.

So what happens with the ratings of this ride? Does anyone who rode it in its beginning stages think it's going to substantially drop? I'm actually so happy and envious for everyone that got to ride this thing un-neutered!

I really can't believe this is happening, as it appears the ride will never be the same again.

Just another MF now, I suppose.

At least MF will still have an awesome first drop. Now I305 has a weak first drop...

To tell you the truth, I ranked MF's drop above I305's before the trim. My favorite part of the ride isn't the drop so while I'm disappointed this new development isn't awful for my ranking of I305. While I think it may drop out of it's #1 position I see it holding at #2 or 3. My favorite part of the ride is easily the twisties and supposedly those have smoothed out quite nicely.

I think they should take the over the head restraints off and put lap bars if they are going to keep the trims on the first drop.

You do realize that would require a complete redesign of the current trains and probably cost a ton of money?

I rode I305 over 50 times and while, yes, there were a couple of moments where it did throw you around, I didn't have any problems with the restraints. I've certainly been on MUCH WORSE!

Anaconda bangs you around more...and anyone want to remember the restraints that used to be on Outer Limits?

And I'm sure that just about every Vekoma SLC I've been on has been far worse.

IMO, the restraints are fine as is. There is MUCH WORSE out there!

--Robb

The "official" speed is always going to be 94 mph which obviously isn't the case anymore. KD doesn't want to give up the "fastest gravity powered coaster in North America" record. However a certain person in Sandusky could want the new speed so Millennium Force could regain that record.

The "official" speed is always going to be 94 mph which obviously isn't the case anymore. KD doesn't want to give up the "fastest gravity powered coaster in North America" record. However a certain person in Sandusky could want the new speed so Millennium Force could regain that record.

The ride was clocking at higher speeds than 94mph on media day. It's completely possible that the trim has slowed it down to 94mph. Unless you are out there with a radar gun, you really can't say for sure and any posts about how fast the ride is currently going is just made-up, fictional, fabricated information pulled right out of someone's a$$ and posted to the internet.

Oh yeah, of course KD will advertise it at going 94. I heard from someone on a forum that it goes 85. I'm not sure if it

is a reliable source though, since it was just one person saying it.

It's not reliable information. In fact, I'd go so far to say that's total bullsh1t. Whoever you heard that from is making stuff up.

Didn't I already mention a few pages back that this kind of tweaking and changes for a ride of this size is totaly NORMAL?

Why won't people listen to me?

Edited by robbalvey