Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 993: KD announces 40th birthday bash!
Users viewing this topic: bill_s and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby CPmaverick » Sat May 22, 2010 4:29 pm

^And crashes all the time :lmao:
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Sat May 22, 2010 9:45 pm

jarmor wrote:
808Freq wrote:Obviously they wanted this thing open as soon as possible.. but with all the greying out, etc early on.. It is kind of a head scratcher that in such a 'sue-happy' culture we live in, that KD decided to open it without more trims right out of the gate.

im no expert but I dont think they wanted to open it as soon as possible. I think intamin pushes the limit which could be a good and a bad thing. I wonder what kinda system intamin uses for calculations and such to be able to say...hey, this element is gonna produce this force and so on and so on...

For all I, and probably the rest of us know, intamin could have in fact told KD that the way its designed right now it could be borderline extreme to unbearable and KD said, produce it as is. Intamin could have given then a plan b where the trims and slow lift would have calmed the ride down.

Yeah but what could've been done was design a layout that didn't require a helix at the bottom of the drop,they had enough room to put in an OBT to bleed off speed or design an L shaped layout that extended around the waterpark(ala superman@SFA) & of course they didn't.That IMHO was CF & KD's fault in picking the location on the premesise in which to build the ride.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby sros1fan » Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

IMO this is still all a rumor until someone posts pics of the actual trims! I cant believe that a pic hasnt been posted yet, is it because no one can afford a camera in Virginia or atleast a cell with one?

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sat May 22, 2010 10:13 pm

^So multiple reports from people who have ridden it and said that they saw and felt the trims isn't enough proof for you? Have you been to the park since I305 was built? Do you realize that there are precisely ZERO places to photograph that side of the first drop from inside the park (unless you illegally take on ride photo/video)? Denial is an ugly thing..... :roll:

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:16 pm

This video (just posted) clearly shows it going much slower down the drop and over the second hill:

YouTube Videolink

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby sros1fan » Sat May 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sat May 22, 2010 10:32 pm

^Oh, I don't know, the fact that it was taken during media day and Robb was in a restricted area that no guests are allowed to enter during a regular operating day?

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby 65skylark » Sat May 22, 2010 11:04 pm

larrygator wrote:If you want a NASCAR themed coaster it has to be fast and intense. :lol:

Yes, but it must also be void of any right hand turns. Who cares about the effing trims, this coaster fails directly after the first drop.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat May 22, 2010 11:08 pm

atem122 wrote:This video (just posted) clearly shows it going much slower down the drop and over the second hill

Wow...that is actually noticeably a lot slower than the offride videos I shot.

--Robb

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby psyhunterson » Sun May 23, 2010 4:59 am

crap! I can only hope for a miracle for it to be further adjusted and a little faster when I'll visit the States and KD in June... :cry:
Human mind is a parachute. It works when it is open

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!