TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite place(s) in the world

Hicko

As far as places I'd love to go.

BEIJING: I am Chinese, so I'd love to go there to see the Forbidden City, the Great Wall, and maybe the 2008 Olympics.

I also went to the Forbidden City while I was there. It was bigger than I expected and you'd need a full day to explore it all. You could also do Tiananmen Square also as it's right on the doorstep of the FC. Also, The Summer Palace is a must in the North West of the City and of course the Wall. We went to Mutianyu and Simatei(sp?). Don't go to Badaling as it gets to crowded there.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favorite places are St. Louis (my hometown), Las Vegas and Disney World. So far I have only traveled within the States but hopefully someday that will change. I would really love to go to Australia and New Zealand. I also would like to see most of Europe and Asia also.

i really dont have any particular favorite place, but here are some of them.

- Port Clinton in the summer time (in Ohio on Lake Erie)

- LA- lots to stuff to do, always warm

- San Diego ( same reasons as LA)

- Jacobs Field- Go tribe

- Any decent golf course

here are my top 5 favorite places:

1. Rosemont/Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.

Even though i've lived in North carolina my entire life, this place was my second home. Maybe it's because this is where almost every single christmas memory took place here, i don't know. i just love this place even though it's so freaking crowded it's ridiculous.

2. Ocean City, New Jersey.

Ah, my first beach. and such a nice one, too. this place is pretty crowded too, but the beach homes are amazing and the beach is freakin HUGE!! and the smell of sea fills the entire island. (yes, the city is an island). and the gas is cheap as hell. (when it had just reached around $2.10 down here it was still 1:75 there at the highest.) and it has 2 theme parks and a water park on the mile or two long boardwalk. (you can only imagine HOW many stores are there.)

3. New Hanover County/Kure Beach, North Carolina.

This place is great too. Not veyr crowded, great beach homes/condos, and ALOT of history took place here. (battles in the civil war, one of the first counties in the United States, ETC.) the beach is great even though it's 20 feet wide maximum. the beach has eroded so much that the "actual" 1st street is under water. if you go scuba diving about 40 feet out you can see concrete/asphalt lol. great for bodysurfing/body boarding/surfing too because the waves get pretty high. (highest i saw was around six feet when i was swimming. it didn't feel too good when i got hit by it)

4. Wherever blue springs national park is, florida.

i spent my christmas of 2004 here, it was pretty cool. i wish i could've experienced more of it but it rained 6 feicking days in a row alost non stop, so when we went to IOA it was still drizzling (oh well, Hulk's front row line was only 10 mins). bu it was still pretty cool being about 14 inches from a wild manatee.

5. King, north carolina. a.k.a where i live.

It's so nice and peaceful here, virtually no air pollution and the night skies are amazing when there are no clouds. and there is ALOT of mountains and scenery here. when it comes to non camping/lake entertainment it's virtually none, but it's really nice here and undeveloped. although it's working it's way up to crowded because there will be two food lions in the same freakin city. oh well.

Trev" 2nd longest post evar!"32

• 7 months later...

1.San Francisco,California-specific locations would be Fisherman's Wharf,Pier 39,Union Square,China Town,The Japan Center,Financial District,Ghiradelli Square,The Presidio,Golden Gate Park,Palace of Fine Arts,The Marina

2.Yosemite National Park,California-OMFG! Most beautiful natural place in the world!

3.Seattle,Washington-LOVE the fish market and the space needle

4.Vancouver,British Columbia-I fell immediately in love with Canada on sight of this city.

5.Jasper,Alberta-OMG go to Bear Paw's Bakery and the Jasper Tramway!

6.Lake Louise,Alberta-beautiful hotel

7.San Antonio,Texas-fell in love with the Riverwalk,Alamo,and Rivercenter

8.Portland,Oregon-so many trees!

9.Nashville,Tennessee-LOVE the opryland!

10.Laughlin,Nevada-a mini-Las Vegas without the overcrowdedness and the hustle and bustle but WITH the Colorado River

11.Durham,North Carolina-Duke University looks like Hogwarts

12.Solvang,California-love the heritage

13.Bloomington,Minnesota-biggest mall in the U.S.-and a nice mall at that

14.Edmonton,Alberta-biggest mall in the WORLD-not a nice mall though

15.Morro Bay,California-Morro rock is very pretty but the power plant sort of ruins the effect

16.Monterey,California-fell in love with Cannery Row

17.Flagstaff,Arizona-running down the streets with a light snow

18.Fort Worth,Texas-Stockyards Cattle Pen Maze is really fun

19.Santa Barbara,California-nice zoo and beautiful beach

20.last but not least-Point Reyes Station-Olema-Inverness,California-The Point Reyes National Seashore is my favorite beach in the world! Eat at Tomales Bay Foods at Point Reyes Station

Of all the places I've lived, and there have been many, I'd say I loved Albuquerque, New Mexico the best. Two words... dry heat.

Sure, not many people speak my language down there but the beauty of the land and weather make up for language barriers. Plus they have road runners and prarie dogs everywhere. EVERYWHERE. What more could you ask for?

Of all the places I've lived, and there have been many, I'd say I loved Albuquerque, New Mexico the best. Two words... dry heat.

Sure, not many people speak my language down there but the beauty of the land and weather make up for language barriers. Plus they have road runners and prarie dogs everywhere. EVERYWHERE. What more could you ask for?

I know what you mean. Okinawa, Japan. A tiny Island in the south western pacific. lemme tell ya, it never got above about 97, but the hummidity was ALWAYS and I mean always, at 100%.

We used to live in Yuma Arizona...and lets just say, no matter how hot it gets. dry heat = heaven compared to humid heat.

Favorite Places I've visited:

San Diego - Perfect weather, great beaches, fish tacos, and In'N Out Burgers

Martha's Vineyard : It's just hard to top island living like this....well, if you take out the harsh winters anyway.

Islamorada, Florida Keys : And if you take away the boiling hot summers, then this is my ultimate place to live. I could easily wake up every

day of the year, crank up the boat, load the dog onboard, go fishing half the day, come back home, filet the day's fresh catch and be perfectly satisfied.

Places I most want to visit:

Japan : I'm fascinated by asian culture and I love the architecture.

Venice, Italy : Kinda speaks for itself.

Moscow, Russia : the place has always fascinated me.