TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Running!

Coaster Cow

So, lately I've noticed that a good deal of people here seem to run, either as a hobby or as a competitive sport, so I thought it would be a cool idea to create a thread about it.

This should hopefully become a nice place to post anything; race times, thoughts, rants, poems expressing your love (or hate) of running, etc.

Edited by SharkTums

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me, it's all about walking. Not a great fat burner, but a good, low impact way to exercise. A long walk with some hills included gives you a decent workout. When I go out, I try to log at least five miles.

Eric

^Same here. I'm hardly interested in any sport but I really like to run. 10 days ago I competed in company marathon (teams of 6 people run the marathon distance) in Brussels. It was my first competion in 5-6 years but I really liked it. Next Monday I'm already running my next one (10 km).

I force myself to get out and run at the crack of dawn nearly every morning. I used to be kind of a fatty, so I do it to maintain my weight, but I also sign up for races so I can have some sort of goal to work towards. I'm currently training for the Las Vegas marathon in December and the Disney World half and full marathons in January.

Good luck. Do you know how long your courses are?

I believe it's 2.9 miles

I ran a 21:59 yesterday, which was actually pretty good (for me) for my first meet, my PR last year was 21:30 at my last meet, so I've definitely improved (thank you track...but I still hate you)

^ That's really fast

Today, I bought a lot of running gear so that I'm prepared for the cold running evenings.

I bought

- yellow Brooks 'run in the dark' jacket. Finally I'm getting rid of those those stupid reflecting armbands.

- Ipod nano/Nike air+ wireless sport kit. I'm very excited about this. If it'll do what it promises, I'll be very, very happy.

- Nike/Ipod armband. To hold my Ipod + sport kit.

- Odlo underwear t-shirt, suitable for - 10°C temperatures. I wish my wife is wearing this. It's damn sexy

- Acics long sleeves t-shirt. Same !

Too bad I only bought all this stuff after I went running this morning. As I'm participating in a race on Monday evening, I'm not running tomorrow. I want to try out my Ipod sports kit but this will have to wait till Wednesday evening I'm afraid.

I tried using my ipod when I ran the half marathon, but I found it way too distracting for me, I highly prefer running without an ipod (I usually have some song stuck in my head and run to the beat of it anyways). Does anyone else hate using ipods when they run?

I love to run, but recently I haven't found hardly any time for it. I basically have stopped running since High School, but I'm wanting so much to get back into it. I just hate running alone and I can never find a running partner. I'm proud to say that back when I was doing XC my best time for the 5K was 23 minutes. My legs are still in the perfect shape they were in while I was running, but the rest of my physique is starting to leave. If anyone lives near me and likes running, I'd be more than happy to get a running partner.

Yesterday I did a 10k race at the border between Belgium and the Netherlands. We had to run 4 rounds of 2.5k each, partly in Belgium, partly in the Netherlands.

My time was 55:30 and I'm quite happy with that time, considering this was my first 10k race and especially considering that 20 months ago I couldn't even run 100 metres without almost fainting.

WIN.thumb.jpg.806c424018e57d220e657fc500fd14ee.jpg

The winners. It only took them about 29 minutes to finish the race.

FANF.thumb.jpg.7e9ae6a8dd5c84287a2f3bdba65b6d84.jpg

Another band

BAND.thumb.jpg.b254c73df7ba179e5eb58f869c098155.jpg

Along the course, several bands were playing music in front of their house. This band was awesome.

BRANDW.thumb.jpg.11a820e9491f5473b9efe2708d3210ec.jpg

These guys ran the 5k in those clothes.

PUTTE.thumb.jpg.44b16b1ab844f58b746ee65b9ae4f39a.jpg

Me behind the 'thumbs up' guy. I'm looking a bit weird to my right because I was looking at the raceclock to know my roundtime.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, I bought a lot of running gear so that I'm prepared for the cold running evenings.

I bought

- Ipod nano/Nike air+ wireless sport kit. I'm very excited about this. If it'll do what it promises, I'll be very, very happy.

- Nike/Ipod armband. To hold my Ipod + sport kit.

-

Too bad I only bought all this stuff after I went running this morning. As I'm participating in a race on Monday evening, I'm not running tomorrow. I want to try out my Ipod sports kit but this will have to wait till Wednesday evening I'm afraid.

Ok, in the meanwhile I managed to calibrate it in a correct way and it is really awesome. I even have an automatic link from the Nike website to facebook now where my running distance, average speed etc is being transferred immediately after I connect my Ipod to my computer. On Saturday I ran the 10k Human Race together with ten thousands of other people all over the world. For Belgium I ran the 25nd time I checked yesterday evening (47 minutes and a bit).

If anyone on this forum with the same Nike Ipod kit wants to take a virtual challenge against me once in while, just let me know.