TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^I'm flying out to CA now to strangle you. Perpare yourself...

dt

Sounds like an interesting take on the whole concept. Whatever Hershey gets I'm sure it'll be better than all the shoot-em-up rides we've got over here.

Except the Berry Bish Bash of course.

The thing I think that I'm most shocked by is this will be the first chocolate themed ride at the park (well, besides the kissing tower I suppose).

Excuse me for thinking that a park built by a giant chocolate company would have at least a few candy themed rides.

Also, am I the only one that was reminded of superstar limo when I watched the video?

Jeezus "Was hoping for the 'Hershey Highway' at last!" Juice

Excuse me for thinking that a park built by a giant chocolate company would have at least a few candy themed rides.

Hersheypark is owned by Hershey Entertainment and Resorts, not The Hershey Company (formerly Hershey Foods). HE&R (formerly HERCO, Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company) used to own a lot of stuff... Lake Compounce in the mid-80's, a Pocconos resort complex, and a hotel in Corpus Cristi, Texas. In the late 80's, they consolidated, and after purchasing Dutch Wonderland (and it's Lancaster County History Museum, Wonderland Mini Golf, and Old Mill Stream Campground) a few years ago, now own Hersheypark, The Hershey Hotel, The Hershey Lodge, Hershey Nursery, a laundry and dry-cleaning service, the Herhsey Museum, Hershey Gardens, the Giant Center, Hersheypark Arena, Hersheypark Stadium, the Star Pavilion (at the Hersheypark Stadium), Hershey Highmeadow Campground, Hershey Country Club, and several restaurants. They do NOT own Chocolate World, that IS owned by The Hershey Company.

Like the idea...odd themeing. To give Hershey credit, the CGI tour is not extremely well done, so maybe the actual ride will look better than the CGI. Heck, they're having a whopping 6 animatronics in the ride! I want to see giant animatronic chocolate. As for the coaster name thing, it could be worse. When the "name the coaster" thing for Roller Soaker came out, I sent in the name Diabetic Shock. I'm shocked I didn't win.

---Stuart

Pretty bizarre concept, but it's no Superstar Limo, at least (which could've used some sort of target-shooting feature).

You know, I've lived in the mid-Atlantic area for years, but still haven't ventured into Pennsylvania theme-part territory. Maybe next season . . .