TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

The Water vortex WILL be returning in Summer, just found this out. They didn't take them out and will be bringing this amazing effect for the Summer Season!

Oh, and just in case you guys are interested, the water vortex uses the same amount of energy as The Incredible Hulk. That's an amazing little tid-bit that really still intrigues me.

Oh, and just in case you guys are interested, the water vortex uses the same amount of energy as The Incredible Hulk. That's an amazing little tid-bit that really still intrigues me.

I find this REALLY hard to believe. If this really was the case, it would have been done away with YEARS ago.

Starting the vortex up is equal to launching the Hulk. It is a very true fact, I have many friends that work for the company, and it's always a fun fact they give on the VIP Tours.

That I might could believe, given that the Hulk is probably launched 30x more a day than the water vortex (thus Hulk uses MUCH more energy).

^ I'd think you'd also have take into consideration that the vortex goes on for an extended period of time as a large group of people pass through it. Hulk's power surge is a shorter burst of power. I'm far from Mr. Wizard, but it's just something that came to mind.

The Vortex and the DD queue were the only WOWs I had during my visit to IOA. I found the park to be unremarkable to say the least. However, I did enjoy it more than most of the parks in the Orlando area.

I believe they are making a mistake by removing this effect but who is to say that this doesn't mean there are future plans for the ride....only time will tell.

^^^Hmmm, my memory must be serving me incorrectly then. Maybe it's not the red beacon that has to be added after 200', but I'm almost 100 percent positive that something different has to happen after 200'. Does anyone know?

And I'm really looking forward to my next trip to Orlando hopefully around Christmas 2009. Manta is looking great and will be my first B&M flyer and this ride is certainly the one extra attraction that I feel Universal Studios needs. Being a coaster fan, I love the small but high quality collection of coasters Islands of Adventure has and feel that two awesome coasters in Universal Studios would give it the extra nudge to being my favorite of the two parks. Mummy is my favorite coaster, and with attractions like Jaws, MIB, ET, and hopefully HRRR, this park will have one of the best collections of rides out there in my opinion.

Very nice pictures King_K and thanks! Its great to finally not only see supports go up, but track as well.

Over at the site where they hold all the supports and tracks, I noticed that a lot of new track had arrived over the past few days. So a lot of coaster work should continue. I have a feeling a lot of new track and supports will go up over the next few weeks.