TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

If indeed this was the flume's last season, it was a good one. I saw the queue mostly full all of the time!

The flume is one of the rides from the park's early days and supposedly designed by one of the former owners, so it is sad to think about the possibility of losing it-- but no one can disagree that it takes up a TON of space.

Matt's right in that the waterpark has needed expansion for a number of years and there just really aren't that many options (Flume, Imax or Excalibur)...so if the rumors are true, I know I won't be angry about it.

Matt's right in that the waterpark has needed expansion for a number of years and there just really aren't that many options (Flume, Imax or Excalibur)...so if the rumors are true, I know I won't be angry about it.

They should have bulldozed Excalibur instead. That ride was awful.

Excalibur is the third best roller coaster at Valleyfair behind Renegade and Steel Venom.

No matter how some people may knock Wild Thing for being forceless, it is still the third best coaster at VF. Excalibur is the best of the arrows at VF though, if thats saying much.

I'm guessing November 2nd for the announcement because the park has closed for the season. They have done this for Xtreme Swing and Riptide in 2004 and 2005. They were both announced after the last day of the season. Renegade was probably announced earlier so they could take advantage of season pass sales and the season had been extended an extra month.

I asked marketing and they said they have/had no clue

Somehow I very much doubt that! In the amusement industry everything happens for a reason-- just like anywhere else there are schedules and deadlines. Also, like anywhere else, there are things that come up and get in the way.

I'm sure "the announcement" (if there is one!) is their #1 priority right now

Well I'm guessing they're just doing what every park does. Act like nothing is going on & hoping it's a surprise when it is announced, but around the amusement industry (mainly online) it isn't like that

Although they could be right and we aren't getting anything for 09 and the Flume is just going down so the haunt could expand right?

Oh I'm sorry I keep forgetting haunt wasn't around until 06.

On a side note, I guess they're re-paving the Gazebo Stage so that's no biggie. I was kinda excited for that to leave. I absolutely HATE walking around the whole thing just to get to Wild Thing. Just make a path behind it or through it or something. I'll get another update today so once again. . . stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad we're finally getting an upgrade. It's much needed.

Also it looks like we're getting cabanas. We've been told that the expansion will be announced on October 15th. Ugh, another 10 days. It confuses me how they aren't announcing it until then, but many people have already heard radio ads, and there are ads in the park itself. I'm disappointed.

I was at the park Saturday and saw the large hole where the new wave pool was going. The sign there actually said it was a wave pool. It looks like it could be a VERY long wave pool, and looks to be fairly narrow. Or could just be the cabanas are going to be on one end, and the pool much shorter. Hopefully it will be something different then just a normal wave pool.. I'd like to see body surfing or boogie boards, but highly doubt that would ever happen.