Europa Park Discussion Thread

Page 148 - Waterpark Coming!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Slightly racist and terrible at poetry

Postby Team Thriller » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:12 pm

^
1.) Silver Star wasn't a Mack, and it's the parks most popular, so the chances of it not being a Mack is okay (And I aware of the fact they own the park) 2.) Arrow is owned by S&S. So your right, I forgot about that. I'll edit it. ;)

--James

We Ride with Pride

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby olimonn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:31 pm

European rumours talk about a magnetic launch followed by a top hat, a loop, a double corkscrew and a final heartline roll. Nothing original exept the fact that it would be from Mack.

As far as advertising is concerned, this kind of ads has already been done (and in a better way), particularily the one with the sling shot:

(more on this link: http://parcorama.blogspot.com/2008/01/a ... ng_23.html )

Compared to

This kind of reminds me of the spirit of this video :

YouTube Videolink

:lolr:

Edit: ^ Mack considered doing the hypercoaster thmeselves, but they realised they weren't technically advanced enough to carry the project out, thus they gave it to B&M. Some people here have very good reasons to believe it's a Mack. If you want it to be a B&M or an Intamin, that's your choice, but you might end up disappointed... ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

hmm

Postby itselguapo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:37 pm

well of course it goes at certain speed in 2.5 seconds.... which is freaking amazing. It has a loop. Has a corkscrew.. and it spins. That sounds very interesting

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby SFjunkie2010 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:11 pm

A Launched spinning inverted coaster with a dive loop :)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Force 310 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:04 pm

It's obviously a launched spinning inverted wooden Aquatrax.

DelGrosso's Sauce + Enterprise = VOMIT!

Postby Wood Dragon 1988 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:25 pm

^Got to admit, that was pretty good for a 12-year-old. I think you may have been the first one to mention aquatrax.

Anyway, I always knew Mack owned Europa park, but never new they built all but one of their coasters. Is this the only amusement park owned by a manufacturing company?

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby devol4 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:42 pm

Wow things go fast, saw the banners in the park last saturday..
Big sign near the entrance off to the left, says basically what's
already been said, the background shows a village though..
Like something that was in the movie The Village, those types
of buildings.... no clue if that might hint to the coaster or the
part of the park that's being built next...

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby darklingscribe » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:49 pm

I don't know, but I can honestly say that I haven't heard of any other park owned by a ride manufacturer.

Someone said to me on the Europe trip that even though Silver Star is B&M manufactured, Mack designed the layout and then gave the plans over to B&M to work out the finer details. I'm not sure if this true or not.

As for the teaser ads, I think they are more likely designed to induce wild speculation rather than to hint at what the ride might be.

All that seems pretty certain is that it will be launched and the first coaster at Europa with inversions.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby nomorefloor » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:09 pm

i really hope its not worlds first...mack that goes upside down :omg:

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Kooky » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:12 pm

nomorefloor wrote:i really hope its not worlds first...mack that goes upside down :omg:

yeah it surely will be.... i have a friend which life near waldkirch germany, where Macks manufactures his coasters. the last days he has seen the new rails which are seen on this ad:

the rails were in a rough status and were not painted, but they were surely the same ones like seen on this picture! (hope its okay that i post this picture here a second time... sorry to the admin for the last new topic!!)

i hope this coaster will have controlled turning trains and a dark ride part...(have you seen the lamp in the hand of the women) and Mr. Mack said in an old interview, that they build sth. special thrilling with a darkride part. But the track design in the background looks really nice.

the translation of the text, hope its right: "discover the pure energy! - the new rollercoaster 2009"
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!