TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

^Got to admit, that was pretty good for a 12-year-old. I think you may have been the first one to mention aquatrax.

Anyway, I always knew Mack owned Europa park, but never new they built all but one of their coasters. Is this the only amusement park owned by a manufacturing company?

Wow things go fast, saw the banners in the park last saturday..

Big sign near the entrance off to the left, says basically what's

already been said, the background shows a village though..

Like something that was in the movie The Village, those types

of buildings.... no clue if that might hint to the coaster or the

part of the park that's being built next...

I don't know, but I can honestly say that I haven't heard of any other park owned by a ride manufacturer.

Someone said to me on the Europe trip that even though Silver Star is B&M manufactured, Mack designed the layout and then gave the plans over to B&M to work out the finer details. I'm not sure if this true or not.

As for the teaser ads, I think they are more likely designed to induce wild speculation rather than to hint at what the ride might be.

All that seems pretty certain is that it will be launched and the first coaster at Europa with inversions.

• 2 weeks later...
i really hope its not worlds first...mack that goes upside down

yeah it surely will be.... i have a friend which life near waldkirch germany, where Macks manufactures his coasters. the last days he has seen the new rails which are seen on this ad:

the rails were in a rough status and were not painted, but they were surely the same ones like seen on this picture! (hope its okay that i post this picture here a second time... sorry to the admin for the last new topic!!)

i hope this coaster will have controlled turning trains and a dark ride part...(have you seen the lamp in the hand of the women) and Mr. Mack said in an old interview, that they build sth. special thrilling with a darkride part. But the track design in the backround looks really nice.

the translation of the text, hope its right: "discover the pure energy! - the new rollercoaster 2009"

I'm actually pretty excited about this. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Silver Star, I still really like it and think that Europa has one of the best coaster/ride line ups in the world.

This just gives me yet another reason to go back!

--Robb

^ I honestly think Mack has been improving over the past while now, and I think they've been gearing up for a big ride like this so they can join the big leagues with B&M, Intamin, and the other rising star Vekoma.

As for the poster shown above me a few posts, that looks like Journey To The Center of the earth mixed with a wicked sweet rollercoaster.

For some reason I really can't see this being a Mack ride, despite the park being a showcase for Mack. I wouldn't have thought that this sort of ride was what Mack was in the market for.

In the past Mack was known for family rides and coaters. But Mr. Mack himself said in an interview that the market wants more thrilling coasters and so they decided to build thrilling ones. Thrilling rides combined with the Mack quality will be one of the best things i`ve ever heard in the coaster world

and by the way, it will be much cheaper for mack if they produce such kind of the rides by them self... and they get a better market position against their competitors

the coaster in the background of that poster looks alot like Dragon Khan. its not quite right but its not far off

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this coaster.

I am of the opinion that Mack are one of the most underrated companies out there. EP is an amazing place and rides such as Euro Mir are both unique and extremely fun. If this turns out to be a large multi looping coaster and it turns out well it could just push them into the league with the big boys.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably not, as that's a powered coaster.

no thats not true... the german description said that it can be build as a powered coaster or as a non powered with lift hill or both together. But its nearly sure that it won`t be an inverted one...

^Got to admit, that was pretty good for a 12-year-old. I think you may have been the first one to mention aquatrax.

Anyway, I always knew Mack owned Europa park, but never new they built all but one of their coasters. Is this the only amusement park owned by a manufacturing company?

No, S&S Opened Celebration Centre in Logan, Utah in 2006.

-Sid