Europa Park Discussion Thread

Page 148 - Waterpark Coming!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby AstroDan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:16 pm

We had a chat with the assisting general manager (could be the same guy you saw, Michael Von Byern?) in May when I went over with Towers Times, and he said he couldn't give much away at the stage, but that it would be a coaster aimed more at the thrill market.

I do feel that EP is nice the way it's so non inverted, but I can't help but feel this ride is vital given the thrill rides arriving at Phantasialand and at Disneyland Paris.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby nomorefloor » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:37 pm

??a launched spinning coaster??
hahaha im confused :lmao: teaser signs make me
want to find out whats coming so badly!

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:00 pm

Looks interesting, I like it when the parks go the extra mile to do teasers.

Slightly racist and terrible at poetry

Postby Team Thriller » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:15 am

It's about freaking time. I love Europa Park with all my heart, but I can honestly say, they need something new.

My guess is it's going to be an Intamin Rocket coaster. I've heard many stories, like a 15 looper, and such.

I hope that it will be as good as all there other coasters. :P

--James

We Ride with Pride

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby olimonn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:53 am

It's going to be a Mack ride, and certainly not a 15-looper.

As far as I am concerned I'm expecting something not much more thrilling than Rock'n'RollerCoaster/Xpress. And I find RNRC extremely boring. I can't count the times I've heard lambda guests of the park ranting about the lack of a looping coaster, so I'm pretty sure it will be an instant hit for the gp. However my expectations as an enthusiast are low.

Postby TC Ridesalot » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:02 am

Maybe it's a used Boomerang!

My son graduates from High School in three years and were going to make a visit overseas then! Can't wait, hope all of the Europe parks get into a coaster war the next two years!

"Been Around The World And Realized Only Stupid People Are Breeding"

Postby packfanlv » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:04 am

After having been on coasters with 8 and 10 inversions, I can say that fifteen would be horrible and highly unlikely for any ride. Having that many inversions would make for a fun time watching the people getting off. :lmao:
I write about how to travel the world for pennies on the dollar at Miles To Memories!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Europa-Park 2009: Launched Unique Coaster

Postby KerryB » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:13 am

AstroDancer wrote:Image
Take off like a bat out of hell... in 2.5 seconds! - The ride of your life: World's first 2009.

This one was too funny! Nothing says terrifying new coaster more than a freaked out cat singing opera.... :lmao:

Slightly racist and terrible at poetry

Postby Team Thriller » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:39 am

^
Also Desert Race at Heide Park launches to its max speed in 2,4 seconds. Maybe this is a clone with a similar launch and a few inversions.

I also doubt it would be a Mack designed just because Europa Park is more intressted in quality. I highly doubt they would spend millions of euro on a Mack. They would probably spend that much money on a B&M, Intamin, and maybe a Vekoma, Arrow/ S&S.

According to rcdb.com:

Roland Mack gave in interview to a local German newspaper in which he elaborated on the park's expansion plans. The park will be enlarged with 70-85 hectares which are now still situated outside the park's boundaries. For this to happen, the access road will be moved. The centerpiece of the new themed area will be a new roller coaster. According to Roland Mack, the ride will feature elements and techniques, never seen before.

Teasers on the park's website hint this roller coaster will have a 2.5 second launch and inversions.

Could it also be a launched eurofighter? Those would probably have techniques never before seen.

--James

We Ride with Pride

Postby Machtin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:52 am

^^:)

nice one!

But really, it's just some really stupid German expression that's completely lost in translation. AstroDancer already gave an idiomatic translation. Literally, it's "take off like Mr. Schmidt's cat"
Totally silly, as most of the other slogans Europapark used there.
Am I the only one to think that the ads look rather cheap?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!