TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

I was living in my parents basement and it looked like the guys house in 40 year old virgin and I had no problem getting dates and a cool wife. Maybe its not the coaster thing that's driving away the ladies, maybe its a little more close to home then that.

Not to mention we got like 5 pages of people saying to be yourself and you two are right back to hiding who you are in the closet. Yep keeping stuff hidden is always the key to a great, long lasting relationships.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, what I tend to see on roller coaster forums (and I've been on enough of them over a long a$$ period of time) is that there's a lot of kids waiting for the next "Elissa"-type to pop in and fall magically in love with them because of their sweet No Limits tracks and impressive knowledge of coaster stats. This will rarely, if ever, happen. Look at TPR, I think these forums are maybe the most female friendly of all the coaster sites, yet I don't think we have more than a dozen active females under 30 or so. Not good odds for the 16 year old looking for their Intamin loving dream girl to sweep in.

Just to save what's left of my reputation, I have never played No Limits!

For me rollercoasters aren't my main interest, it's something that's fun to do now and then. After the midwest trip I really felt like there were no world's left to conquer personally, I wouldn't have minded if I never rode a coaster again - what I mean is I can definitely get my fill when it comes to coasters.

I admit I do keep any coaster interest in the closet when it comes to girls. But I have many other interests that take most of my time that are more important to me than coasters. At the moment I'm busting my gut 12 hours a week minimum training for sport, I'm involved in volunteer work, martial arts, I read a lot, and girls, well yes that can be a bit of a priority at times.

I guess if your getting wood for the latest Intamin maybe you need to get some balance in your life, or go completely to the dark side and join ACE.

I have a BF of almost a year. I met him on my WDW International College Programme in 2006 but we didn't get together until last year. Its kinda long distance as he lives in Ireland but its only an hour on the plane so it isnt too bad.

Im more of a theme park enthusiast rather than a coaster one. I really enjoy riding coasters but I really enjoy the whole park experience. My boyfriend enjoys theme parks too but its not one of his main hobbies. I think it is our experience as castmembers which brought us together.

I agree with everyone else. Try and broaden your horizons and im sure the right person will come along. And if that fails, go do a WDW college programme! Lol

I have a boyfriend of just 20(ish?) Months who i met at Alton Towers.

We both like visiting parks, but we don't really discuss coaster facts and figures, just now and again we may discuss a few developments.

And although we like visiting parks, we don't do it all the time, and we tend to visit other places as well. Admittably he's more into the whole coaster thing than me, i'm more into the themepark and fun element, but this doesn't matter in our relationship.

Most of my friends think its weird that i met him through Alton Towers, but meh i'm happy. We have a shared common interest, and we also have similar friends from the Forum we both visit, and thats just fine by me.

I will agree on the fact there is not many active female enthuasiasts on most coaster/ themepark forums. Not sure why this is, but i will say iv definitely seen an increase of females over the past two years, which has been nice.

Its definitely been a different relationship, but its been the best iv had. And all those looking for somebody, just wait and see. You'll most likely find somebody when you least expect it, like i did

Okay, I just got into a new relationship last Friday. I like her a whole lot, and she feels the same way about me.

But, she hates coasters. They scare the crap out of her. I guess we'll be spending most of our time at Splashin' Safari this year...

^^ If most of your dates are to theme parks, your heart is in the wrong place. I think she would eventually get sick of going to a waterpark all the time. You should try and go other places more than Splashin Safari, it might give yourself a little bit more credibility in her book.

---Brent

Girls are so complicated.

First she tells me how great of a guy I am and excited she is for when she comes out to visit in less than 3 months for my prom; now she (without telling me) abandons me for another guy.

It's times like this that I question the existence of love. I just wish I could find someone who would stay...

Oh well, I guess long distance relationships are doomed and can never work.

I have a wonderful boyfriend of about two and a half weeks. Our one week anniversary (lol) was Valentine's Day, and also the first time we kissed I first saw him on January 3rd, and INSTANTLY had this big crush on him! Turns out, it was the exact same for him. He was really afraid that he wasn't good enough for me, and I felt the same way, just about him instead of me lol.

^^ If most of your dates are to theme parks, your heart is in the wrong place. I think she would eventually get sick of going to a waterpark all the time. You should try and go other places more than Splashin Safari, it might give yourself a little bit more credibility in her book.

---Brent

lol, I didn't mean that every date we had would be at Holiday World. I meant that when we do go to Holiday World together (which won't be many times because its an almost an hour away and neither of us can drive) we will spend most of the time in Splashin' Safari, because she won't enjoy herself otherwise.

We go to A LOT of other places besides amusement parks...

First she tells me how great of a guy I am and excited she is for when she comes out to visit in less than 3 months for my prom; now she (without telling me) abandons me for another guy.

There was a group of girls at my High School that got with some nerdy guys just so they would buy them prom tickets. As soon as they did they would promptly break up and keep the ticket. So it could be worse.

As for me, my prom date was kind of a monster.. Which brings me to the best part about prom... It's already 5 years in my past and I never had to worry about it again.

I have a WONDERFUL boyfriend! We have been together for an amazing year and I wouldn't change a thing! :]]

I Love him more than my life!!

You know it is funny you should mention that because I just so happen to have a WONDERFUL boyfriend!! OH OH and the best part is we have been together for a year and I WOULD NEVER EVER change anything!! I love him more than I could ever express

~Matthew

tony.thumb.jpg.02d1e6cb74232eb05b87c5c93e84369c.jpg

HAHA!! Just crazy old Tony :)