TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^I will be working in the park that day.

I can't wait to ride MaxAir though. I love Huss Giant Frisbees. They are easily my favorite flat rides. I just hope they run a program that is just as good, if not better, than Delirium's at PKI. I would love to see more of these pop up around the country.

Yeah we are going to be there .. for mostly ERT, heading off to Geauga Lake during the day most likely since everyone has been to CP .. well except one person, but she doesn't count ... we are staying at Breaker's .. so we should be there for morning ert, maybe a little after and then evening ert .. if we survive the first day of the trip.

There's the same argument on another board that the maXair riders were Photoshopped in... but whatever.

The arm for maXair goes 120 degrees off horizontal (or, in this case, vertical), I believe. Your head is a little closer to the ground than your feet at full swing.

• 2 months later...

Sweet! A large capacity Screamin' Swing will be built for the '06 season at CP. I've been on Dorney's smaller version and it was worth the 5 bucks. (Considering most upcharge rides are $20.00 +)

Does anyone know if Thorpe Park's is upcharge or since it's a larger capacity, is it free with admission?

Wild Adventures (Valdosta, Georgia) has a double model that is free with park admission. It was fun and relaxing, but not really worth any money. When the arms crested at the highest position, you got sort of a weird weightless pop. It was interesting.

-kip-

-I doubt CP's will be an upcharge ride since it's the high capacity model.

(I mean it COULD be an upcharge but it holds a ton of people, no reason to charge more)

-I'm glad LC is getting one as well, I'm just happy for CP expanding its flat ride collection. I won't even go back to CP until 2007 where I'll probably hit Compounce a dozen times till then.

At this point, we can only speculate. Things from construction code markings to dirt piles are causing a stir on other sites... Personally, I won't believe anything until an announcement... or like coasterdude said, until there's pieces in the parking lot.