TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ It will also get PTC trains, which is something a lot of the other steel structured CCI's didn't have. In fact, the only ones I can think of are New Mexico Rattler and Silver Comet and those both held up pretty well!

--Robb

Doesn't Shivering Timber's have PTC's? I don't mind the G-Trains, the work with Villain, and they track better, but whatever TGG says I'll go with it.

^ Shivering Timbers is wood structured.

I don't mind the Gerstlauers myself, but PTCs will make for a much more re-rideable coaster I'm sure.

^^ Off the top of my head, I know that Cornball Express and Hoosier Hurricane both have PTCs, and are also both still running extremely well. Much smaller coasters than The Voyage, though.

location?

So would the path to Thanksgiving Land be just past the "tilt-a-whirl" ride? (I forget what they call theirs)

"turkey-chase-themed interactive "dark ride,"

This sounds like a laser gun dark ride to me.

Anyone else thinks the name kinda sucks? "The Voyage" just sounds like some history channel documentary to me. But I can't think of a better alternative - there aren't many alternatives if you want it Thanksgiving themed. Turkey Terror? Pilgrim's Plight? Since there are 3 trains I think they should name them Nino, Pinto, and Santa Maria.

[/url]

After looking at those videos, and all the pictures, I think we can safely say that this might be one of the greatest coasters ever, and this is coming from a guy who just got back from CP. I have to plan a trip to HW now...

It is not the first time NL was used for such a presentation. It's been done quite a few times before. The Vekoma Motorbike coaster or the Gerstlauer Vertical Drop Coasters jump to my minds right now...

True, but then a versions was quickly released afterwards, and it was the same quality as the current nolimits. The videos for Turkey-Trip have a much better quality of 3-d rendering than the current nolimits, just look at the trees. If there's a pro version, I wanna get my hands on it.

That flat section will have a block brake on it. This is Holiday Worlds first coaster with 3 trains and if they want to run all of them at the same time, they need it there in case anything happens.

Never thought I'd have a reason to go to Indiana again...

Since there are 3 trains I think they should name them Nino, Pinto, and Santa Maria.

Except that those were Columbus's ships in 1492. Why does everyone keep thinking this would be a good idea?

--Jay (Who can't wait to get back to Holiday World next year.. )

I don't see it as being a let down, Holiday World is advertising it just as it is. I think people get dissappointed when the ride is marketed as being the best and a sure fire great ride. I personally think The Voyage, aside from it's lame name, will be a ton of fun.

I bet Voyage will be overrated.

For example, everyone says, "Oh how amazing!"" What a great ride this will be!" and thats exactly what people said when TTD came out. And TTD was such a disapointment. And it gona be rought I bet.

Except that TTD wasn't a dissapointment for most people. In fact, it's gotten voted one of the top roller coasters in the world!

http://www.amusementtoday.com/2004gtasteel.html

http://www.geocities.com/wcoasterpoll/scprs04.txt

--Robb "I always say you should ride a coaster before you judge it!" Alvey

I highly doubt that this coaster will be over rated. I'm not sure if TTD actually is but I'm sure I wouldn't get what I'd expect out of it. Voyage isn't a single-trick pony...It has the most tunnels I've seen for a coaster, mad airtime, and if it has the steepest drop and a pretty decent height...there's a lot for this coaster to have. On the other hand, back to TTD, that's just a single-trick pony...just good for boasting it's 120 mph launch speed and just 1 moment of airtime. Again, never rode TTD but I'm pretty sure I'd be somewhat disappointed.

Yeah, it's hard for me to see this being a disappointed. I mean, you have some of the key people from CCI designing the ride, and when have they made a poor ride?? And roughness? No reason for it to be at all rough for a few years, and that's if HW does Six Flags-type woodie maintenance, which there is no reason for, because Raven and Legend are both very smooth. Hades has gotten very positive reviews, and it's not even a complete airtime monster, which this ride looks to be. Though, I do agree about the name...hope I don't get scurvy on this very long ride....

...I know, bad joke