TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Oh No! only 8 hours at six flags magic mountain!!!

i am visiting six flags magic mountain for the first time on monday. my only problem is...i only have one day to go, and tha day is only from 10 am-6 pm!! does anyone have any suggestions to which rides i should take priority in riding first?! also which ones should i expect to be closed?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rides probably closed: Metro, Flashback, and the Skytower. 1 side of Colossus and 1 side of Superman.

Make sure you hit X! The lines fill up for X,Goliath, and Riddler throughout the day more it seems then any of the other rides, so make sure you hit those early. I would recommend eating a the Panda Express just to the right of viper. It's quick, it's easy, and their food is good. But if you want a nice sit down place go to Mooseburger. Both are fast and cheap.

If you really wanted to you could buy...oh I forgot what it's called..."Fastlane"...it's their version of Disneyland's Fastpass. But SFMM charges for it. I don't think they work the same though.

Also be aware that the weather isn't supposed to be the greatest. That can cause some problems.

Adding to the list of coasters that will more than likely be closed: Deja Vu and Ninja.

If I didn't have to go the next 3 weekends I'd meet up with you! Heck if it's raining and entertaining I still might go!

Elissa "8 hours will be more than enough!" Alvey

"if I didn't have to go"

Your spoiled!

When I was on everyone's favorite freeway. "The 5" I was watching SFMM and none of the rides were going. It was raining pretty hard that day. Does SFMM close all it's coasters when it's raining. Also Superman might be closed "Due to Rain and Wind Conditions"

Actually SFMM is much better than Knotts in running the rides in the rain...it's usually more the fault of all the ride ops that just don't show up if it's raining outside! The SoCalers really don't like rain!

Elissa "good luck!" Alvey

Don't worry about crowds. People generally stay away from parks when it's rainy. As for it being a holiday, the weekend might get crowded, but Monday (the last day of the holiday weekend) won't be crowded. With the exception of X and Riddler's, everything else should be a walk-on.

thank you. you have all been very helpful, and i am surprised at the quickness of your responces. i just now hope and pray that the rain is not constant all day and that there won't be thunder or lightning. thank you all once again and please post anything else that may help me.

I was at SFMM last Monday, and although it was not a holiday, the weather was kinda iffy. We got there at 10:30, and considered ourselves "done" by 5. There were some closed rides: Deja Vu, Ninja, Gold Rusher. One side each were open on Superman and Colossus.

I never saw more than a 4 train wait for X except for front row. Almost everything else was very close to a walkon, except Riddler's Revenge, which was easily the longest wait of the day at about 6 or 7 trains. No, I take that back. The longest wait of the day was trying to buy lunch

lol yeah if you want lightning don't go to Cali... Come to Colorado. Ah the joys of going to a waterpark in summer watching incredibly dark clouds crash over the mountains and then being kicked off the rides mid-afternoon due to a lightning storm coming in. All that when the day started beautifully clear. It has only happened once to me thankfully. Still all sorts of fun being told to find shelter when all the buildings were already crammed full of people.

Of course the lightning usually isn't accompanied by rain which makes it even more fun...