TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Books Do You Read

What kind of books do you all like to read.

Myself I love anything by Terry Pratchett. The Discworld is an amazing thing and I recommend the books to anyone. He makes wonderful stories charaters that enagage your interest.

I also read the Lord of the Rings Triology at least once a year.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what I'm in the mood for. I do not regularly sit down with a book and read it unless I find my 'Roller Coaster' book laying around asking for attention. As for books I just read, I just finished Night (the Holocaust) and also just finished Dawn (what happened after Night, as a fiction)

I'm not big on reading, but when I do, I mainly read biographies and sports books such as the works of John Feinstein. The last book I read was Danny Weurffel's biography Tales From the Gator Swamp: Reflections of Faith and Football. I'm now working on John Feinstein's The Punch. Both are pretty good books.

Right now I'm reading David Egger's A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius (or at least trying, the book is too depressing to read too much in a single sitting) and Sarah Vowell's Assassination Vacation.

Another "former" King fan. Used to read a lot of him.

And I guess I have most of the "Battletech" Books. A shame they changed that universe around...

Disney Theme Park and Imagineering books.

Other then that... not so much. (unless I could count in my comics )

I read a lot of SF, Fantasy, Horror and Suspense/Thriller stuff. For non-fiction, I read a lot of animation and technical books. Right now I'm reading 1001 Tips & Tricks For Lightwave 3D, and The Ice Limit.

Dave "reading rules!" Thomas

• 6 months later...
Depends on what I'm in the mood for. I do not regularly sit down with a book and read it unless I find my 'Roller Coaster' book laying around asking for attention. As for books I just read, I just finished Night (the Holocaust) and also just finished Dawn (what happened after Night, as a fiction)

No way. I've got to read "Night" for English. Is it any good?

I haven't ever been a big reading fan either, and just recently started with having something to read on the side... first was The Green Mile by Stephen King, and then I read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King, which I really liked, I started Everythings Eventual by him but it sucked and I stopped. After those I read The House of Thunder by Dean Koontz, which was OK, and now I am reading Ice Bound which isn't good at all so far. I also have to read The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne for english, and its too hard to understand, thank you Sparknotes!

^Same here

I will read on my own, but when your are forced to read. I had to read Great Gatsby and Catcher in the Rye over the summer. They were kind of intresting, but I would have read it if I did not have to rember what they were on.

Books that I've just recently read (In the past 2 months) and current/future reads:

The Door to December

Requiem For A Dream

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Memoirs of a Geisha (Excellent book! Can't wait for the movie)

Eragon (Currently reading)

Last Exit to Brooklyn

Kite Runner

Eldest