TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

^

What's interesting about this though is that it looks like they're also taking apart Doo Wopper. That's probably part of winter maintenance but I wonder if its possibly due to a move. It wouldn't be the first time they've moved it (it used to be where Screaming Swing was on Adventure Pier). Not to fuel the rumor flames (oh who am I kidding I totally am) there is some chatter from somewhat reliable sources of a new family coaster coming (next year? 2020?), and there's never been any rhyme or reason to Moreys announcements for new attractions so it's possible it could still be for next year (doubtful imo though). Noteworthy: according to my sources the new coaster WON'T be the pier-to-pier woodie.

I can’t remember what the most recent official word from Moreys was, but I’m just considering it to be dead at this point.

Unrelated, as always they’ve left the lights on.

F1DF2ECA-DAAB-4A67-9B87-D4D44226F976.thumb.jpeg.d5012c1c57a873889e697cf2386fd2ed.jpeg

5EC875BF-DECF-4309-9613-D22397E4E9DD.thumb.jpeg.1a64437f38126851a3351bc9dfb521e5.jpeg

That's great. They really do their Ferris wheel right.

As for the video, I literally loled when that guy with that face on a video about Wildwood said his name is Joey. Of course it is. If he'd have said his name was Brad, I'd be like, "Nah, Joey, we know who you are "

Doo Wopper is down. The basketball game near Nor'easter is gone. Flitzer is gone and kiddie rides around it are gone. Other than Flitzer this could be for maintenance purposes but my gut tells me Moreys is shuffling and making room for something.

Just to blow things completely out of proportion, the cleared areas are similar to that which would be needed for the pier-spanning wooden coaster.

No I don't think that's actually what's going on.

Just to blow things completely out of proportion, the cleared areas are similar to that which would be needed for the pier-spanning wooden coaster.

Unless they're building on the beach, they would have to move Dante, Rock N Roll and possibly even IT for the lift/first drop to fit. The Flitzer/Doo Wopper area doesn't seem like it would be affected if they were pulling the trigger.

wildwoodie.thumb.jpg.4c70f97a2ea75ad07ae21a159d9c7295.jpg

Theoretically they could alter the layout to have the station by Doo Wopper and the lift on the other side of the pier. Maybe they're looking into doing that? On Google Maps, it looks like the edge of Doo Wopper is about in line with the Great Nor'Easter's station, where that artwork positioned the GCI's station.

Sort of? I'd say it's almost confirmed we're getting a new family coaster. The murmurings coming from those I know affiliated w/ Moreys have all been pointing to this. Question now is what company.

The plot thickens.

https://www.jackrouse.com/attraction-design/runaway-tram-moreys-piers/

The themeing is fantastic, but that layout seems a bit... meh.

I mean, it's a family coaster. I'm not going in with high thrill expectations. Hopefully it will maintain a low height requirement and become a new "first coaster" for a whole new generation of Wildwood kids.

Also, damn, that theming. I'm not sure it could be any more Wildwood if it tried.

The plot thickens.

https://www.jackrouse.com/attraction-design/runaway-tram-moreys-piers/

The themeing is fantastic, but that layout seems a bit... meh.

I mean, it's a family coaster.

So are Wacky Taxi and Wild Waves and they're both thrilling and family friendly.

Looks also similar to the coaster at bowcraft which is closing. The layout isn’t the same in the photo, but does look similar. Wonder if it’s the same manufacturer?

I'm hearing Zierer.

I find myself less interested in the ride and more interested in how exactly there are going to squeeze this in. Seems like Doo Wopper could easily be placed in between Dante and Nor'easter, in place of the basketball game. But what if they just flat out removed Rollies and moved Doo Wopper there? I always felt Rollies would be the next to go, more so with all the recent Pinfari incidents. I have absolutely nothing to back that up, just something to ponder...

(Though the burger drive-thru themeing might be a stark contrast next to the Ghost Ship)

• 3 weeks later...