TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Santa’s Merry Marketplace to open in 2019!

SANTA CLAUS, IND.—–Holiday World’s iconic Kringle’s Kafe will serve its final customers on October 28, as construction of the new Santa’s Merry Marketplace begins in November.

“We’re ramping up the theming and the menus for next season,” says park president Matt Eckert. “Santa’s Merry Marketplace is nearly 50 percent larger than Kringle’s. It will include more menu items plus a coffee shop, bakery, candy store, and ice cream shop.

Holiday World will invest a total of $5.5 million for the 2019 season, including:

• Santa’s Merry Marketplace, with five serving stations offering varying menus, plus Candy Cane Confectionary, Sugarplum Scoop Shoppe, and the Polar Expresso
  • New “Kids World” event for five weekends starting in mid-August
  • On-ride photos for Gobbler Getaway dark ride
  • Candy Cornucopia store and Dippin’ Dots Sundae Shoppe in the Thanksgiving section
  • Track improvements for The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
  • Additional Cabanas

“With Santa’s Merry Marketplace, we’ll start a new tradition at Holiday World, as Santa Claus greets park Guests each morning from the bell-tower balcony,” says Eckert. “We also plan to work in some reminders of our Santa Claus Land days and other magical surprises.”

1738935996_Candy-Cane-Confectionary-Polar-Expresso-web(1).thumb.jpg.9f43dcf823bf10fe6898eda255b47e9b.jpg1975704154_DpOMY0rVAAY77OS(1).thumb.jpg.069b350823d035504b083fb119d3c287.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

This looks awesome! And the video has all the puns I would expect from Holiday World. Polar Expresso...that's great.

We had to cut "Pizza on Earth," "Five Onion ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings," and "Wok-in' in a Winter Wonderland," from the first draft, but ... oh well.

You guys kill better puns than most people ever think of.

I read through the article, but I didn't catch where Beer Man is going.

HAHA...that was my first thought too! The concept art reminded me of something German...and German's love beer. Oh well...at least they are giving Voyage some more love. I need to get out there and try it again someday in the front seat.

....We had to cut "Pizza on Earth," "Five Onion ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings," and "Wok-in' in a Winter Wonderland," from the first draft, but ... oh well.

Hey, you could always save them for next year's Holidaze Collektion.

Jingle Jingle.

holiday-santa-coaster.jpg.a92f76ebd830e9ba0cc4be76909d2d9c.jpg

might just set them up for a new ride in Christmas in 2020

Or a new ride somewhere else. These classic Heart Flip rides are great, awesome to look at and fun for the whole family. Also, super rare. Nothing like a restored classic

heart.jpg.53e0d593ec07f0ca3b79e6113cb2efc8.jpg5718930311_e097cf42ac.jpg.8b27ae23711174a21bc9b6700360a5af.jpg

Speaking of new rides, I have a feeling we all have our long wish lists. Skyride, Schwarzkopf-esque looper or speed racer (classic trains for both, please), Large-scale train ride, whole park mini-train, family friendly haunted house, classic and large scale ferris wheel. Dreaming is free

might just set them up for a new ride in Christmas in 2020

Or a new ride somewhere else. These classic Heart Flip rides are great, awesome to look at and fun for the whole family. Also, super rare. Nothing like a restored classic

[attachment=0]heart.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]5718930311_e097cf42ac.jpg[/attachment]

Speaking of new rides, I have a feeling we all have our long wish lists. Skyride, Schwarzkopf-esque looper or speed racer (classic trains for both, please), Large-scale train ride, whole park mini-train, family friendly haunted house, classic and large scale ferris wheel. Dreaming is free

Watkins made some fun rides, but the aesthetics are very carny. Are these rides even made anyone, who owns the rights to the old Watkins rides? The manufacturer was at different times named Hi Lite Watkins Venture Rides. I tried to look up it online quickly but couldn't find the answer on the first two pages of my search.