TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

What happens when you see a bunch of people is that these are usually several groups of people together. The ride operators will group them and get them on one train for convenience. I have rarely seen any group bigger than 4 unless there are multiple disabilities in the group.

This makes so much sense, but I hadn't thought about it before. Since it can take more time to get seated, work it so only one train is delayed and everybody still gets to ride. That's brilliant.

What happens when you see a bunch of people is that these are usually several groups of people together. The ride operators will group them and get them on one train for convenience. I have rarely seen any group bigger than 4 unless there are multiple disabilities in the group.

This makes so much sense, but I hadn't thought about it before. Since it can take more time to get seated, work it so only one train is delayed and everybody still gets to ride. That's brilliant.

While it can be frustrating when alternate access takes your seat (or someone in your group's), it's nice to be aware that there is actually a lot of thought and effort that the ride operators are putting into how alternate access is handled. That was one of my main focus areas while training crew members at Millennium Force this summer - try to beat the ride's interval even while loading alternate access guests, as well as minimize the number of trains loaded and never load the same row too frequently. It's all been thought of at great lengths haha.

As far as ADA, as others have said, there are invisible diseases that prevent people from standing in a long 2 hour line, and I think they are very accommodating and fair with the way they handle it. And yes, it's not a skip the line pass, they can't get a time for another ride until the previous one is up; but some might see it as unfair that they can go play games, shop, eat, or go in a shorter line while "waiting in line". That being said I don't think there is a perfect system that will be perfectly fair and perfectly pleases everyone.

I like the way Cedar Fair handles ADA way better than Six Flags does as far as ease of use. For the times I've had to use it due to someone else in my party, different Six Flags parks handle it a little differently and at some rides it can be a huge pain for some having to go up the exit to get a time if it's a difficult or long ramp (really? why can't the greeter do it like any other park?) and then go up again when it's your time (take Nitro as an example) and then some Six Flags parks give you a standard length based on estimated crowds (so even if lines are very short at the start of the day you may have to wait 30 / 45 / 60 min before going on your next ride regardless of how long the line is). I do wish Cedar Fair required a Dr's note, though, like Six Flags does, to cut down on abuse.

It's nice how at Mystic Timbers and Steel Vengeance they temporarily chain up a row so you guarantee that nobody takes eachothers seats. Because sometimes people don't listen to the groupers and then you have too many people on the platform, people taking your seat, etc.

Anyway, in other news, Witches Wheel has already disappeared... (that was quick)

The general public LOVES B&M coasters.

Nah.

I've literally heard kids in line say "this one looks JUST like the other one!" It's cause they are.

My 15 year old cousins have been to Cedar Point twice. The first time with me, they wanted to ride everything. This year, we passed on Raptor, Mantis, Gatekeeper, and rode Valravn twice at the end of the day because they didn't make us get off the train. All they wanted to ride was SteeVen, TTD, MF, and Maverick. B&M's can be very good coasters. I love the Batmans, Riddlers, Medusa's of old, good up until probably 2005...but give me a break. As a veteran coaster rider, I just don't expect much from them. Yes, from a park perspective they're great! Reliability forever. But I'm not a park owner, so why should I care?

Such typical Boring & Mild rides over-trimmed with no forces. Yawn yawn.

Edited by SteVeUrkle

Eh, what?

Raptor is the most intense invert in the country.

I guess...

It's long winded. Drawn out. Sluggish, meandering. Got a bit of an old school B&M snap on some of the inversions, but I've ridden it plenty, and I'm over it. Nobody in my group wanted to ride it again on the last trip. This might throw you through a loop but I'd much rather ride a Batman. When you got TTD or SteeVe or Mr. Magnum right around the peninsula, why waste your time with Boring & Milds?

If the kid cousins said "no", I pretty much agreed.

Eh, what?

Raptor is the most intense invert in the country.

Agreed. This thing hauls the whole ride and on my last visit didn’t even catch on the MCBR. crushed my soul and I loved every minute of it!

Look, at ANY another park, we would argue as we always do that B&Ms would be the biggest and baddest in the park. And CP is probably the best roller coaster packed park in the world. But they are a business, and a business that’s looking to get people through their turnstiles. They have a fantastic line up from the kid coasters to TTD. it’s legit prob on of the best if not THE best line up at any park!

Steel Vengeance won Best New Ride at the GTA tonight. Also worth mentioning is that it took the #3 spot for best steel coaster. That’s pretty high up for its first year. Do you think it will move up next year or the year after, like fury325 did?

Woah woah woah... lets not forget about Millennium Force which took #2!! I'd say that's more impressive than Steel Vengeance's #3 because it's been around for almost 2 decades. It's like the "Old Ironsides" of the Coaster World.

The only notable gta to me, is that Phoenix at knobles won "best wooden coaster". And it's been around since 1985.

It just goes to show that a coaster does not have to be the biggest or fastest to be the best.

It's been my #1 woodie for years now! I loved it so much I even moved to Phoenix!

I just got notice that the park has closed early due to weather.

Yes unfotunately. However they're allowing anyone who came today to come back another day for free. Nice of them to do that!

I wish parks got more credit for this kind of stuff. They don't have to do it and it's enormously generous.

The only notable gta to me, is that Phoenix at knobles won "best wooden coaster". And it's been around since 1985.

Did Ghostrider at Knott's make the list? I'm not a fan of award for coasters, but come on, that's gotta be up there, right? Or The Voyage @ Holiday?

Unfortunately, on Sunday the park closed at 2pm due to weather and poor attendance. Then this upcoming weekend we have Hurricane Florence that will make landfall (which may cause rain up here in Ohio on existing path, Friday/Sat it looks like). So two weekends in a row where weather will not help matters, especially the first Halloweekends weekend gets hit by this storm.

I just got notice that the park has closed early due to weather.

That’s unheard of for Cedar Point. How do they handle that with resort guests? I always assumed that the hotels were the reason the park never closed early due to weather since I don’t really know what they would do for those people.