TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

have a tram connected with it to the park?

most likely a bus system though.

They could have a tram system like Six Flags New England has for people who do not wish to walk along the path from the parking lot to the front entrance. It worked quite well in my opinion and is a nice touch of the overall experience. While not the best photo due to heavy rainfall, below is a photo I had captured of the trams at Six Flags New England during my first visit back in early July.

IMG_2515.JPG Photo credit: John Brooks via Amusement Views

Construction is moving quickly. I think the end of summer is making everyone squeeze in a last visit as the park was super busy compared to other summer days. Every queue was full and overflowing on to the walkways. Nevertheless, everyone seemed to be having a good time, if with a slight look on everyone's faces that summer is just about over. Is it really Labour Day weekend already?

Nicman, that looks to be the general location of hotel. It will be facing highway 400 on the plot of land next to the CW highway sign.

Here are some pics. Have a great long weekend, all!

001.thumb.jpg.6497b41080224d29f1e435e0930ab8dd.jpg

Looking forward to this drop out of the station.

003.thumb.jpg.412f963f5c71f21feca1adf45de270e6.jpg

The base of the lift hill being, well, lifted, into place.

004.thumb.jpg.b48bada907ce1a31916dcc8a3b8bf1d4.jpg

Tilted into place and..

005.thumb.jpg.2a20bc80b192f02b949bd71ff8fe2faa.jpg

..installed. Only up from here.

006.thumb.jpg.ebd0df70d8b1e7b19c611e1e83444c29.jpg

007.thumb.jpg.4a2410980839132fb2792a679610d975.jpg

Lift columns.

009.thumb.jpg.0d6e99760aa765a1388d40f34b555cab.jpg

Footer fun. (for the helix surrounding the walkway).

010.thumb.jpg.11d6820ffb20d77e767a928857f6f470.jpg

Lift hill footer.

011.thumb.jpg.84b5920dcc10488c276157656fd8e23c.jpg

Mine Buster queue. It's just a touch busy.

008.thumb.jpg.e269147a965379582c27e54f9e29cdc9.jpg

Lift hill columns

012.thumb.jpg.061de842470f009e61d37f26128b1c74.jpg

Vortex queue

They should really consider putting in a sizable parking garage. Especially now that we know the hotel won't take up any space on the lot, it almost seems destined to happen. A 3+ storey garage in the north east corner would do wonders for potentially expanding the south side of the lot by Behemoth/Kingswood.

I think the end of summer is making everyone squeeze in a last visit as the park was super busy compared to other summer days. Every queue was full and overflowing on to the walkways.

Wow. So generally speaking, when is a good time of year for a first timer to visit? We'll probably get FL+ regardless, but I just want to get a good idea for planning our trip next year.

I think the end of summer is making everyone squeeze in a last visit as the park was super busy compared to other summer days. Every queue was full and overflowing on to the walkways.

Wow. So generally speaking, when is a good time of year for a first timer to visit? We'll probably get FL+ regardless, but I just want to get a good idea for planning our trip next year.

As a park regular, I would say visit anytime during the month of May or June on weekdays as those are the least busiest days at the park. Even though the hours are reduced those days (10am-6pm in May and 10am-8pm for the greater part of June) you can get everything in that you want to ride during the early season.

As a park regular, I would say visit anytime during the month of May or June on weekdays as those are the least busiest days at the park. Even though the hours are reduced those days (10am-6pm in May and 10am-8pm for the greater part of June) you can get everything in that you want to ride during the early season.

Thanks!

And thanks to the person who deleted my dumb fat finger extra posts.

I'll second this. Any weekday in May is good really. Even with school groups lines rarely exceed 20 minutes, and are often shorter imo. We always make sure to find a way to get at least one or two May/June weekdays off for some solid riding.

• 2 weeks later...

About Leviathan's supposed wheel-heaters though, as much as it's an exciting prospect, I don't think it's necessarily related to Winterfest. I mean, it doesn't start until November 2019, so this seems a little early to draw that connection.

They should really consider putting in a sizable parking garage. Especially now that we know the hotel won't take up any space on the lot, it almost seems destined to happen. A 3+ storey garage in the north east corner would do wonders for potentially expanding the south side of the lot by Behemoth/Kingswood.

Yeah, but according to a quick google search, that would probably cost between 8-10 million (US $) with presumably little return on investment. It's probably a lot cheaper to just have less customers during the few days a year the parking lot may completely fill up.

It would make more sense just to build a parking garage at the hotel site which isn't near the main parking area. This parking garage would be reserved for hotel guests only obviously.

I wouldn't want a parking garage... it ruins the views. Not only that, but I find parks are unbearably busy when the parking lot is full. Allowing more people into the park would, yeah, increase the amount of moolah you're making, but you're sacrificing guest satisfaction in my opinion, by making it even more packed.

Am I looking at this from the right angle?

I get what you're saying. My parking garage experiences are leaving sports venues when everyone is leaving at the same time, similar to theme parks. The difference is that those garages connect directly to high volume thoroughfares instead of slow moving themepark parking lots. I'm sure it's been 'fully' considered before and determined it wasn't a good idea or I would guess we would see more parking garages.

^ I think the reason we don't see them at our local parks is because there isn't a need for them right now. I see a lot of cities building more parking garages and developing the flat lots for profit purposes. In my city alone, I know of at least 4 large garages that have popped up over the course of several years.

I wouldn't want a parking garage... it ruins the views. Not only that, but I find parks are unbearably busy when the parking lot is full. Allowing more people into the park would, yeah, increase the amount of moolah you're making, but you're sacrificing guest satisfaction in my opinion, by making it even more packed.

Am I looking at this from the right angle?

Depends on who you ask. I wouldn't go as far as to say a parking garage ruins the view. The view of what? I would also think if the point of the garage is to free real estate then they would use said real estate for an expansion or some amenities that will even out the crowd. While only the large parks like the Disney's and Universals have parking garages I could see a larger parks like CW being successful with one and using the freed space for a shopping district, more hotels or par expansion.