TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

The best part about this new coaster to me is the 2nd launch with airtime, and it's a great fit for Carowinds. I wonder if other parks will get Mack launched coasters due to this new partnership. I could see Worlds of Fun and maybe Dorney get one sometime in the future.

Is that an airtime hill during the 2nd launch? Haha wut?

THAT'S WHAT I SAID! I could practically feel the airtime just sitting in my chair at work watching the video. Can't wait to see what it feels like in person!

The thing I love about these Mack launch coasters (I've been on Helix and Blue Fire) is that they aren't absolutely extreme, balls-to-the wall thrill machines. They're just downright fun and highly re-rideable. That's exactly what this hobby is about - FUN. It doesn't have to be the tallest, fastest, etc. This is my most anticipated ride for next year!

One thing the Cedar Fair parks do well are the promotional and schematic photos they release with every new ride announcement.

Copperhead Strike looks fabulous and no matter what announcement has been made today we all end up winners. It’s been a great day full of rides to look forward to.

Was the entirety of Six Flags just upstaged by a single Cedar Fair park?

A bold strike indeed. Looks fantastic. And it's the revenge of the Jojo roll!

I'm happy with all the announcements from both chains. Did they steal something from B&M's playbook with the jojo roll?

I'm happy with all the announcements from both chains.

Oh, I am too, but I'm so much more excited for Copperhead Strike. My Dollywood trip next year just turned into a two-park trip...

Did they steal something from B&M's playbook with the jojo roll?

No because Intamin did it first.

You can even hear me in that video say "...and Hydra thought they were first!"

That's literally the only reason I retained that little coaster nerd knowledge nugget.