Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1690 - Kings Mills Antique Autos in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: kenban, vertigomike and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby kenban » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:41 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:Everyone seems to be fixed on that first page, but there are 5 pages. Page 3 of the documents has tons of geographical locations on them, is that detailing where the work is going to be?
3.JPG

None of the links to the specific doc work, you have to go to http://www.co.warren.oh.us/recorder/ and search for "Kings Island" and you'll get tons of KI docs.

I wish it was that easy. That's the parks boundaries. It is just a technical way to describe the entire piece of land and from what I can tell so are the next 2 pages. The rest is looks like descriptions of easements, the cemetery, etc.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby DavidB » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:44 am

^After looking more closely at it, I agree and was going to post the same thing, as kings island drive and the river are both mentioned. This is almost certainly a description of the parcel owned by the park.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby FaithPlus1 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:04 am

Anyone know where you can watch the announcement?

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby KICoasterkev » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:44 am

KI said they will broadcast it live from their Facebook page, starting at 1:45 so in 1 minute! =)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby thedlr » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:56 am

Yep watching now...

Edit: Just saw a notification on my phone that they're also live on Instagram.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:58 am

Last edited by bgtlover on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:00 am.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:59 am

B&MBoy1982 wrote:I work at Banshee... THIS IS NOT A TEASER...

This has been there since the beginning of the season. A member of my crew who was supposed to be looking for lost articles found it down the hill and in the trees, and thought it would be nice to have actual part of the ride by the Eternal Flame The flowers were put there by SOB fans.

I repeat, this has NOTHING o do with a new ride or attraction. It was just the Banshee crew paying respect to the former occupant of that area.

Repeat again... BANSHEE CREW FOUND THE WOOD.....

You're not looking far enough into it!!! Come on!! Think with your coaster enthusiast mind for a minute!

Clearly the park perfectly placed the wood for the Banshee crew to find, KNOWING that the crew would find it and then place the wood by the Eternal Flame, which would then cause SOB fans to place the flowers on said wood... Resulting the exact look for the teaser the park was wanting!!

#TeamSOBisComingBack
It's called sarcasm for those of you who can't tell.
Bigger is not always better.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:05 am

Kings Island 2019 Announcement Live Stream:

The park is bringing back the "Antique Cars" for 2019...

Kings Mills Antique Autos

Coming Spring 2019

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 2.39.20 PM.png

Kings Island's most beloved attraction, the antique cars ride, is returning to the park in spring 2019. In the new Kings Mills Antique Autos family ride, guests will board replica classic touring cars and take a leisurely drive around a scenic track equipped with a small rail to keep the car on the path. The ride will be comparable to the original Les Taxis antique car ride, combining nostalgia with new enhancements.

Kings Mills Antique Autos will be located in Coney Mall, across from the Juke Box Café and alongside The Racer roller coaster. The ride will be a quarter mile in length and last approximately three minutes. The cars are 2/3 scale replicas of the 1911 Ford Model T; though all-new, they will retain the vintage feel of the original Les Taxis. The ride's name, as well as theming throughout the attraction, is expected to enhance the nostalgic experience for riders.
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:40 am.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby KristenLeigh » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:16 am

Now i'm even more excited about going Saturday with friends!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/984681da7168be3a7e78a7aa6ad1aac2.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:17 am

Personally, I'm excited to see the park putting so much effort into helping families create life long memories. Not every park, every year, needs to build a rip your face off extreme coaster. It's awesome to see the park cares so much about their guest that they are listening to what the guest said they missed about the park, and bringing it back!! Props to Kings Island! :)
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!