TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

In all seriousness, I'm having a hard time thinking of one too. I think we can rule out a wing coaster with GateKeeper and Thunderbird (arguable the two best) pretty close by, and even X-Flight and Wild Eagle to some extent. I suppose a Dive is possible (maybe a smaller one like Valkyria), but with Valravn and now Yukon Striker, I also have a hard time imagining this as well.

I really don't think this mattes that much, there are plenty of examples of "similar" coasters at parks close to each other. I mean if that were the case Kings Island would have never built Banshee because Raptor was so close by.

^^I started looking at that and bailed out. I'm somewhat familiar with some of this stuff, but very very minimally through stuff I have to do with building permits for my job. We do decks and screen rooms and stuff like that, so nothing anywhere near on this scale. There is a property parcel viewer for Warren County, OH, so I'll take a look and see if I can make any sense of it, but I'm guessing I won't be able to. There's a ton of information there and I surely won't be able to interpret it correctly, but I'm sure someone on here would have better experience than I.

https://webmap.co.warren.oh.us/wcgis/auditor/

This is, if nothing else, interesting to look at. EDIT: And the images are a higher resolution than you can acheive with google maps as best I can tell...also interesting

Edited by DavidB

A new Shivering Timbers shirt this year says Shivering Timbers the terror coaster with Mystic Timbers tree creature in the background. If I did not know better I would say its a Mystic Timbers shirt that they replaced Mystic with Shivering lol

Not to stir the SOB pot again, but I visited the park yesterday and took some photos of the mystery wood that appeared by the SOB memorial in Banshee line.

[attachment=0]IMG_0184.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]IMG_0186.jpg[/attachment]

I'm thinking this announcement is most likely the long-rumored antique cars, unless it could be some kind of show or event that's returning? I'm actually off tomorrow so I might try to turn up for it. I was already considering going to KI tomorrow but now this gives me another reason to go!

On another note, is King's Island similar to other parks in that the crowds increase as Haunt goes along? I am thinking of making a trip out the first or second weekend of Haunt and was curious, as when I went Oct. 21 last year it was absolutely packed.

Last year I visited Haunt at least half of the Fridays it was running, and I can confirm that it does tend to get busier closer to Halloween! Also, Fridays are better than Saturdays, by far, and maze lines get shorter later in the evening.

I work at Banshee... THIS IS NOT A TEASER...

This has been there since the beginning of the season. A member of my crew who was supposed to be looking for lost articles found it down the hill and in the trees, and thought it would be nice to have actual part of the ride by the Eternal Flame The flowers were put there by SOB fans.

I repeat, this has NOTHING o do with a new ride or attraction. It was just the Banshee crew paying respect to the former occupant of that area.

Repeat again... BANSHEE CREW FOUND THE WOOD.....

Thank you for the clarification! I read somewhere else that the wood was possibly a teaser, so I figured I'd take a photo and let everyone else decide. The true story is even better than that! Didn't notice it there earlier in the season and probably wouldn't have if no one mentioned it.

Right now the weather is horrible, but I'm still going to make my way to KI in a bit under the assumption that they'll still be doing the announcement even though the rain will likely drive a lot of guests away.

Everyone seems to be fixed on that first page, but there are 5 pages. Page 3 of the documents has tons of geographical locations on them, is that detailing where the work is going to be?

[attachment=0]3.JPG[/attachment]

None of the links to the specific doc work, you have to go to http://www.co.warren.oh.us/recorder/ and search for "Kings Island" and you'll get tons of KI docs.

I wish it was that easy. That's the parks boundaries. It is just a technical way to describe the entire piece of land and from what I can tell so are the next 2 pages. The rest is looks like descriptions of easements, the cemetery, etc.

^After looking more closely at it, I agree and was going to post the same thing, as kings island drive and the river are both mentioned. This is almost certainly a description of the parcel owned by the park.

I work at Banshee... THIS IS NOT A TEASER...

This has been there since the beginning of the season. A member of my crew who was supposed to be looking for lost articles found it down the hill and in the trees, and thought it would be nice to have actual part of the ride by the Eternal Flame The flowers were put there by SOB fans.

I repeat, this has NOTHING o do with a new ride or attraction. It was just the Banshee crew paying respect to the former occupant of that area.

Repeat again... BANSHEE CREW FOUND THE WOOD.....

You're not looking far enough into it!!! Come on!! Think with your coaster enthusiast mind for a minute!

Clearly the park perfectly placed the wood for the Banshee crew to find, KNOWING that the crew would find it and then place the wood by the Eternal Flame, which would then cause SOB fans to place the flowers on said wood... Resulting the exact look for the teaser the park was wanting!!

#TeamSOBisComingBack

It's called sarcasm for those of you who can't tell.

Kings Island 2019 Announcement Live Stream:

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland/videos/304471750314556/[/fbvideonew]

The park is bringing back the "Antique Cars" for 2019...

Kings Mills Antique Autos

Coming Spring 2019

1123950007_ScreenShot2018-08-16at2_39_20PM.thumb.png.e736301cd16027aca18eb62bb7a22822.png

Kings Island's most beloved attraction, the antique cars ride, is returning to the park in spring 2019. In the new Kings Mills Antique Autos family ride, guests will board replica classic touring cars and take a leisurely drive around a scenic track equipped with a small rail to keep the car on the path. The ride will be comparable to the original Les Taxis antique car ride, combining nostalgia with new enhancements.

Kings Mills Antique Autos will be located in Coney Mall, across from the Juke Box Café and alongside The Racer roller coaster. The ride will be a quarter mile in length and last approximately three minutes. The cars are 2/3 scale replicas of the 1911 Ford Model T; though all-new, they will retain the vintage feel of the original Les Taxis. The ride's name, as well as theming throughout the attraction, is expected to enhance the nostalgic experience for riders.

Edited by robbalvey

Personally, I'm excited to see the park putting so much effort into helping families create life long memories. Not every park, every year, needs to build a rip your face off extreme coaster. It's awesome to see the park cares so much about their guest that they are listening to what the guest said they missed about the park, and bringing it back!! Props to Kings Island!

If I heard correctly, 3 mile length? That seems huge! I must have misheard...Maybe 1.3 mile? Stream quality wasn't the best...

If 1.3 mile and assuming 5mph car speed, it will take 15min for each lap around.

Edited by Invertalon

If I heard correctly, 3 mile length? That seems huge! Will be a nice, lengthy drive!

I'm pretty sure he MEANT to say 3 MINUTE.

That sounds far more plausible... Can't be 3 mile...

(5mph = 440 feet per minute)... 3 mile = 15840ft.... 15,840 / 440 = 36 minute ride!

3 minute ride = approx. 1,320ft ride track length.

Edited by Invertalon

I assume it’s following the Dinosaurs Alive path?

They didn’t say in so many words, but they described the location as going “under Racer” and that sounds like Dino’s Alive former locale.

EDIT: just asked and he said about 1300’ or about 3 minutes. He said roughly the same length as the former.

Edited by RAWKIN_coaster38

3 mile antique cars ride sounds sooo much more interesting, though! I'm cool with this, though I wish it was ready in time for this year's WinterFest. Would make for an especially nice "ride through the lights" attraction then.

I am kind of surprised there's a company that's still making these attractions.