TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Still waiting on "the ledge"...

https://www.trademarkia.com/the-ledge-87431876.html

Just sayin'. I know just because it's trademarked doesn't mean it will ever be used, but...

I think that trademark might only be filed in the US, not Canada. Correct me if I'm wrong

Canada's trademarks can be searched here: https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/home (search for "Canada's Wonderland")

I am headed to the park tomorrow for the first time (hurray first international theme park!) and was wondering if anybody had any tips or tricks for the park. I just like having a plan of attack, and the people here know best! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

I agree about low capacity rides first. Thunder run is a Zierer powered coaster built into the mountain. be sure to look for the dragon in the middle. The fly is a fun wild mouse coaster that gets crowded due to low capacity. The ghoster coaster is a kids wooden coaster but fun. I think it is a clone of the one at kings dominion.

Make sure to ride vortexx in the back, it is a really nice ride, and one of the best of the arrow suspended coaster style. At the back you get pulled through the hills and helixes. It is also a clone of the one at kings island but set onto the mountain and with helixes over the river. You can see the tunnel for the new coaster in the middle.

I have come to like Behemoth better than Leviathan, I like riding in the back of the bus to get pulled over the airtime hills. I have also found that the 4th car back second row gives you a nice floater air over every hill. The magic seat. Leviathan also nice but has sneaky hidden lineup behind which can be long. (it is well shaded though). Lately i have enjoyed this at twilight, maybe 8:30-9:30pm. It is an awesome experience.

Some of the nice flats don't tend to have too much lineup: Klockwerks is a huss swing around, Orbiter, one of the last Huss Giant enterprises, Sledge Hammer is very rare, maybe only 2 in the world? the Gerstlauer flying ride is fun and not very common too.

Wonder mountain guardian has it's entire lineup inside the mountain so you cannot tell how crowded it is. You can go in the hottest part of the day to get out of the sun. It is Ok and unique but not something i go on very often.

The older coasters tend to draw less lines: Dragon fyre (arrow looper) is fun. Wooden coasters: Wilde Beast and Minebuster are not bad and have had some new track in the last years though still a bit rough especially minebuster. For some reason the Bat (Vekoma boomerang) tends to be busy. it is not bad if not too much of a line.

They can't seem to get all of the wheels to touch the track at the same time on the SLC headbanger Flight Deck.

I don't tend to ever eat in the park and sometimes walk across the parking lot to the wing place.

have fun.

Sledgehammer I think is the only one of its kind in the world. If it's operating jump on it while you have the chance. There is a fair chance by the time you come around it again it'll be down for maintenance or something. I personally like the front seat of Vortex because of the sheer speed of the ride and the feeling of being "propelled".

I am headed to the park tomorrow for the first time (hurray first international theme park!) and was wondering if anybody had any tips or tricks for the park. I just like having a plan of attack, and the people here know best! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

I agree about low capacity rides first. Thunder run is a Zierer powered coaster built into the mountain. be sure to look for the dragon in the middle. The fly is a fun wild mouse coaster that gets crowded due to low capacity. The ghoster coaster is a kids wooden coaster but fun. I think it is a clone of the one at kings dominion.

Make sure to ride vortexx in the back, it is a really nice ride, and one of the best of the arrow suspended coaster style. At the back you get pulled through the hills and helixes. It is also a clone of the one at kings island but set onto the mountain and with helixes over the river. You can see the tunnel for the new coaster in the middle.

I have come to like Behemoth better than Leviathan, I like riding in the back of the bus to get pulled over the airtime hills. I have also found that the 4th car back second row gives you a nice floater air over every hill. The magic seat. Leviathan also nice but has sneaky hidden lineup behind which can be long. (it is well shaded though). Lately i have enjoyed this at twilight, maybe 8:30-9:30pm. It is an awesome experience.

Some of the nice flats don't tend to have too much lineup: Klockwerks is a huss swing around, Orbiter, one of the last Huss Giant enterprises, Sledge Hammer is very rare, maybe only 2 in the world? the Gerstlauer flying ride is fun and not very common too.

Wonder mountain guardian has it's entire lineup inside the mountain so you cannot tell how crowded it is. You can go in the hottest part of the day to get out of the sun. It is Ok and unique but not something i go on very often.

The older coasters tend to draw less lines: Dragon fyre (arrow looper) is fun. Wooden coasters: Wilde Beast and Minebuster are not bad and have had some new track in the last years though still a bit rough especially minebuster. For some reason the Bat (Vekoma boomerang) tends to be busy. it is not bad if not too much of a line.

They can't seem to get all of the wheels to touch the track at the same time on the SLC headbanger Flight Deck.

I don't tend to ever eat in the park and sometimes walk across the parking lot to the wing place.

have fun.

If you get on Thunder Run (Mack Rides Powered Coaster in Wonder Mountain), The Bat, Wonder Mountain's Guardian, and The Fly after opening time during your visit you should be fine. But other than those roller coasters, most rides and roller coasters at Canada's Wonderland have a high capacity.

Sledgehammer I think is the only one of its kind in the world. If it's operating jump on it while you have the chance. There is a fair chance by the time you come around it again it'll be down for maintenance or something. I personally like the front seat of Vortex because of the sheer speed of the ride and the feeling of being "propelled".

SledgeHammer is the only HUSS Jump 2 in the World. It has had steadier operation since its major overhaul done a few years ago. If it does go down during the day, it is usually back up and operating shortly thereafter.

Canadas wonderland just sent this email out:

Canada's Wonderland will be announcing its big 2019 news on Wednesday, August 15 at canadaswonderland.com. To mark the occasion, Season Passholders will get an exclusive Early Ride Time from 9am - 10am on Vortex, Windseeker, and Mighty Canadian Minebuster. As a special bonus, Passholders will have the first chance at a sneak peek behind our construction fence to see what we've been working on.

cool, i might try to skip the morning of work and go. I didn't get the email (story of my life) and i looked on the season passholders portal and there is no mention of it. i also noticed that they have bring a friend tickets again which had been reduced to selected days, mothers day and fathers day, but it appears to be all season again? wow, wish i knew earlier.

Anybody else want to go and see them unveil the new coaster (hopefully not known as ZIz)? I have glasses and a green hat.

Canadas wonderland just sent this email out:

Canada's Wonderland will be announcing its big 2019 news on Wednesday, August 15 at canadaswonderland.com. To mark the occasion, Season Passholders will get an exclusive Early Ride Time from 9am - 10am on Vortex, Windseeker, and Mighty Canadian Minebuster. As a special bonus, Passholders will have the first chance at a sneak peek behind our construction fence to see what we've been working on.

cool, i might try to skip the morning of work and go. I didn't get the email (story of my life) and i looked on the season passholders portal and there is no mention of it. i also noticed that they have bring a friend tickets again which had been reduced to selected days, mothers day and fathers day, but it appears to be all season again? wow, wish i knew earlier.

Anybody else want to go and see them unveil the new coaster (hopefully not known as ZIz)? I have glasses and a green hat.

I plan on going. See you there? As far as I know bring a friend tickets have been there all season but sometimes they had promotions for reduced price tickets. I also find that when I check my settings the box that's supposed to be checkmarked so I get updates is often unchecked even though I know I did select it.

Yukon Striker Coming to Canada's Wonderland!

A New B&M Dive Machine!

cw-yukonstriker-icon.png.2c5a21d8c379e9bfa6b8ae6e4fe59af7.png

From the park's website:

It’s 1897 and a flood of men and women are venturing into the untamed wilderness of northwestern Canada, fueled by little more than rumour of limitless gold. The headwaters of the Yukon spread beyond an unforgiving landscape, tempting newcomers with the promise of riches that lay buried in ice-cold riverbeds throughout the Klondike.

Most prospectors are doomed to fail. The journey is treacherous along the Chilkoot Trail, a steep and punishing climb high into the coastal mountain range. The seasons are extreme and the backcountry, for all its raw beauty, is unyielding.

Among the lawless boom towns and outposts, only a few will succeed in this quest for glory. A Golden Eagle soars high on the winds watching the perilous hunt. Who will endure the longest journey? Who will conquer the tallest mountain pass, the treacherous terrain and rise worthy of the name YUKON STRIKER….

Ride Stats

Designed by: Bolliger & Mabillard

Coaster type: Dive

Height of drop: 245 feet (75 metres) *includes underground tunnel

Top Speed: 130 km/h (80 mph)

Inversions: 4

Length: 3,625 feet (1,105 metres)

Duration: 3 minutes, 25 seconds

Trains: 3

Riders per Train: 24

World Records

1. The fastest dive coaster at 130 km/h (80 mph)

2. The longest dive coaster at 3,625 feet (1,105 metres)

3. Tallest dive coaster at 245 feet (75 metres) - includes underground

Unique Features

Floorless, stadium seating for enhanced visibility with 3 rows of 8 riders

‘Hold and dive’ element pauses train for 3 seconds over 90-degree drop into an underwater tunnel

Complete 360-degree loop, never before seen on a dive coaster

Frontier Canada

The launch of Yukon Striker coincides with the official opening of Frontier Canada, a gold rush-themed attraction area in Canada's Wonderland. Originally conceived of for the park's opening in 1981, Frontier Canada was never realized until now. Other attractions to be featured in the section include Mighty Canadian Minebuster, Lumberjack, Soaring Timbers, Flying Canoes, Vortex, Timberwolf Falls and White Water Canyon.

yukon1.thumb.PNG.2e0758d5e47193f9a42621db25519933.PNGyukon2.thumb.PNG.3fa9d176821547f82a7e98e75a8dd4ff.PNGyukon3.thumb.PNG.2d9e7387548eea1f0a05e649e0231938.PNG

yukon1.thumb.PNG.2e0758d5e47193f9a42621db25519933.PNG

yukon2.thumb.PNG.3fa9d176821547f82a7e98e75a8dd4ff.PNG

yukon3.thumb.PNG.2d9e7387548eea1f0a05e649e0231938.PNG

908278147_3.Logo-WinterFest.thumb.png.01d9bd53a2908eded2c671bbc39ba7dc.png

New for 2019 - WinterFest

WinterFest offers a new season of holiday fun in 2019, when guests at Canada’s Wonderland will be

treated to an all-new immersive holiday experience taking place in late November and December.

During WinterFest, the park will be transformed into an enchanted winter wonderland complete with

uniquely themed areas, dozens of Christmas trees, millions of spectacular lights, ice-skating, live

entertainment, savory treats, crafts and hands-on family activities.

The park’s fountain on International Street will become Snowflake Lake where guests can enjoy ice

skating amid brilliant holiday lights. Each night, singers and dancers will set the stage for the celebratory

lighting ceremony of a 70-foot-tall (21 m) Christmas tree featuring more than 40,000 sparkling

ornaments. WinterFest visitors can feast on savory treats and holiday favourites like turkey, gourmet hot

chocolate and peppermint fudge, and then catch one of a dozen live holiday-themed shows like Cool

Yule Christmas and Jingle Jazz. Children can help elves mail letters to Santa, decorate cookies in Mrs.

Claus’ Kitchen, and meet classic Peanuts characters or special WinterFest entertainers like Jack Frost,

the Sugar Plum Fairy and Candy Cane.

1051739313_10.WinterFestPostcard.thumb.jpg.44e08f36bcd60aed54b91f90320d389f.jpg

808039442_9.WinterFest-TreeLighting1.thumb.jpg.269a1b392e688f20384d8a3a9c9c957f.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Finally, I am very much looking forward to this new coaster although the only thing that I don't like is that extended mcbr.

It took nearly 16 years for b&m to take a hint from rct for the vertical loop.

Winterfest also looks really cool, I hope they redesign the Wonder Mountain's Guardian game for a Christmas based theme like they do with it for Halloween Haunt.

Edited by nicman

It will be interesting to see just which “select” rides will be open during the winterfest, and the impact or barriers temperatures will have on these decisions.

Been a long time since I worked at the park but, I remember being told that most coasters can't run under a certain temperature, which will be above or average winter temperatures.

I'd expect to see the two carousels running along with since select slower/medium level flats.

I have been dreaming of the day where we would see a vertical loop on a Dive Machine! B&M designs loops so well, it just seemed like a natural fit. Now, we finally have it!

Terrific layout and that drop will take the cake I think. A dive 23 feet under the lake. Tunnels are great on coasters and take Oblivion for example, they're terrific on Dive Coasters. But the small looking opening with a wide train and surrounded by the water here will make it even more thrilling (especially for the GP'ers that don't get around like all of us do).

Nice action packed first half of the ride before turning into a somewhat more of a scenic maneuver ending (a la GateKeeper) which I know some will probably gripe about, but if the first 3/4 of the ride is terrific then I don't care what comes after the MCBR. Cannot wait to ride it next season to see where it ranks against the other Dives.

Yukon Striker looks like a very good addition to the park. I am glad they went with the theming and name for the coaster that they did decide upon, as it has now allowed them to re-brand the whole White water Canyon section in to Frontier Canada, which was originally planned for the park back in 1981. I look forward to riding this record-breaker of a dive coaster in 2019!

This looks cool. The only other dive coaster that I've been on is Griffon and that was fun too. I very much like the idea of the drop into the tunnel. The mcbr is kind of odd, but we'll see what it's like when the coaster really exists.

I love the drop into the tunnel, I don't think any of the other "big" dive coasters had the first drop into a tunnel like that. The layout after the first inversion kind of reminds me of a compact eurofighter, except it's compact for a gigantic 8 across dive coaster train. The vertical loop should be fun to experience on a train that large.