Liseberg Discussion Thread

Pg 272: Valkyria Construction Tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:20 pm

IIRC Krake comes to a complete stop and it has the same 6-across setup as Valkyria.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:42 pm

ALT2870 wrote:If I'm not mistaken most of the smaller dive machines do come to a stop. Most likely since the trains are lighter.

cookiex wrote:IIRC Krake comes to a complete stop and it has the same 6-across setup as Valkyria.

Oh yes, you're right! I guess my pointless observation was even more pointless than I gave it credit for :lol:

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Apollo von Sol » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:29 pm

Wow!! That POV really stands out. This is one of the best dive coasters layout in my opinion. I love the overbanked high speed turn and the two barrel rolls, much better than a second drop in my opinion, I rather have these elements than a second drop!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:48 pm

lond wrote:New video from Liseberg :D :D :D

/// Marcus

Man, that thing looks amazing. It surprisingly looks more intense and better paced than the larger dive machines.

Looks like a GREAT addition to the park! :lover:
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:54 pm

I love how it's worked out, in/thru the rest of the park. Looks awesome! :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:06 pm

WOW!!! =) =) =) That POV is great! I'm sure this coaster is going to be a wonderful addition to the park!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby per2012 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:51 am

Liseberg just announced that Valkyria will have it´s opening day on August 10th.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby lond » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:43 am

In the pressrelease Liseberg states that the official ribbon cutting ceremony will happen on August 10th, BUT if the last certification, tests and staff educations are complete, the will do a soft opening earlier in the week :)

Pressrelease - in swedish

/// Marcus
On Quest for the Holy G Force
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby DandAyr » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:47 am

KarlaKoaster wrote:
ALT2870 wrote:If I'm not mistaken most of the smaller dive machines do come to a stop. Most likely since the trains are lighter.

cookiex wrote:IIRC Krake comes to a complete stop and it has the same 6-across setup as Valkyria.

Oh yes, you're right! I guess my pointless observation was even more pointless than I gave it credit for :lol:

Given the original dive machine - Oblivion - stopped at the edge while you heard the message 'don't look down' which these days is a painted message you read as you stare at the drop below you, I always took it the stop was the norm and any that don't pause are the ones that are different.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby dcxs » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:08 pm

Omg I will actually be in Gothenburg around the 10th! This is kinda far fetched but does anyone by chance have a free entry ticket? I would looooooove just one ride on Valkyira :b . These tickets were handed out like paper a few years ago I think, and there are some Liseberg employees here heheeee :angel: . (Have already been once to Liseberg this year, so 500SEK for a couple of Valkyra rides is a bit steep :) )

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!