Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 962: Hersheypark announces 2019's Reeses Cupfusion
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:39 am

Hersheypark announced their new attraction, Reese's Cupfusion, coming to the park in 2019!

http://www.hersheypark.com/2019/index.php

RCF-Logo.png

Are You Up For The Mission?
Agents, welcome to the all-new Reese's Cupfusion℠ attraction arriving Summer 2019 inside Hersheypark®. Your mission? Ensure the world is never deprived of Reese's® peanut butter cups by protecting Reese's Central.

Inside Reese's® Cupfusion
Reese's Cupfusion merges the world's love of chocolate and peanut butter with a dark ride gaming experience to create a sweet sensory adventure for the entire family. Agents are equipped with state-of-the-art gear to protect the factory and earn points on every mission.

How Will You Protect The Factory?
Discover all the ways to guard the Crystal Cup including, activating targets to power the factory, stunning intruders with your amplifier, working with fellow agents to unlock extra points, and more! Try to beat your score with every ride to become a Reese's Legend in the Hall-of-Fame.

Have You Seen These Candies?
Mint the Merciless and The League of Misfit Candy are permanently banned from Reese's Central. In the event of a security breach, notify Commander Cup immediately.

2019-new-attraction1.jpg

Slide-1.jpg

Slide-2.jpg

Slide-3.jpg

Amplifier.jpg

Vehicles.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:31 am

boldikus wrote:So I guess no one cares about Hersheys new for 2019 addition that was announced this morning?

Correct.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:38 am

Yep, no one cares. It's just a rebranding of their existing shooting darkride, which was horribly dated anyway. I mean, seriously, "Xtreme"? They needed to bring it up to 2018 standards by including a non-word in the title.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby alilstronger » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Not interested.... I personally don't like VR rides like this. I prefer actual flats and coasters.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge is terrible and I love it. I feel like this will be the same way. :lol:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby freejaffa » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:32 pm

alilstronger wrote:Not interested.... I personally don't like VR rides like this. I prefer actual flats and coasters.

Wow did I miss the vr part of this because I didn’t see it mentioned in the release?
If it is vr I may actually be interested.

On a more important note did anyone win one of the prizes from their contest.
I entered on every day and dam do I want 4 season passes. :lol:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:40 pm

R.I.P. to my former #1 attraction of all time, the Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge. Long live Cupfusion!! I'm already planning where I should get my Commander Cup tattoo...

But in all honesty, I'm looking forward to the update. Xtreme Cup Challenge was charmingly awful, but I seriously love the dark ride over in Chocolate World. And the 4D mystery theater there is genuinely great. So if this new ride is anything like what they're doing out in the parking lot, consider me hyped!!
TOP PARKS: Knoebels, Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Island
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, X2, T-Express
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Spider-Man, Monster's Inc. Ride and Go Seek (TDL)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

Postby alilstronger » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:43 pm

freejaffa wrote:
alilstronger wrote:Not interested.... I personally don't like VR rides like this. I prefer actual flats and coasters.

Wow did I miss the vr part of this because I didn’t see it mentioned in the release?
If it is vr I may actually be interested.

On a more important note did anyone win one of the prizes from their contest.
I entered on every day and dam do I want 4 season passes. :lol:

What I mean by VR is... its not real. Its a ride where you shoot a screen.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby JG-77 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:21 pm

Lol, this thread begins with the announcement of the Reese’s Xtreme Challange (or whatever it’s proper name is) and now we have come full circle :lol:

Anyways, my family is planning to take a trip to Hersheypark using the sunset pass (we’re a family of 6 so this saves us over $130). We’re going some time next week, most likely Friday evening. Will this likely be enough time for all the coasters (except cocoa cruiser), major flats, and the Reese’s dark ride, plus rerides is major coasters? The sunset pass is good for 5pm until closing. Any tips for avoiding lines or just general things?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:10 pm

All I care about is that they keep the single rider line. It's so nice to be able to walk right onto an air conditioned shooter in the middle of summer.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Over Georgia &Wisp Resort

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!