TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^ I think my biggest peeve with the videos aside from the overly long introduction, has to be the “I know the info but I won’t tell you even though that’s the title of the video”. To me that screams click bait and because of that I’ve been hesitant to even attempt to watch the videos recently. The worst one was the blueprint one from off the top of my head. If you aren’t willing to share the information, especially if the park asked you not to, then don’t make a video on it and call it “CW BLUEPRINTS???”, you know? It’s misleading and in some cases it’s a cheap way to get viewers. I appreciate the content, and I don’t hate longer videos, but if the entire video on blueprints has almost nothing to do with blueprints, then why watch? You like to sspeculate as we all do, but if you could be more accurate with video titles and if you could try to refine your topics a little more so it’s not an anticlimactic 10 minute long video then I think the content would be much better.

I don’t mean to be rude, I just hope to be offering some constructive criticism. I am admittedly a fan, and love the dedication you have put into this project!

Where did you here this Chemical, there is nothing on the internet about any kind of threat?

Did anyone actually stay in the park? To me, it doesn't matter if the tip is confirmed or not. 'BS!" If there is a threat then close then entire place down, no questions asked! I am VERY upset! If there is any threat towards any theme park, then the owners have an obligation to get everyone off the property as soon as the threat happens!

Theme park evacuations do not happens quickly!

Where did you here this Chemical, there is nothing on the internet about any kind of threat?

It is all over the news, here's the CTV and CBC links, but you can also find info on other news sites and social media.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/increased-police-presence-in-downtown-toronto-due-to-unconfirmed-uncorroborated-info-1.4010383

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/police-up-patrols-near-cn-tower-1.4743828

I’m going to laugh when it’s announced and it’s only 200 feet.

No joke! The height doesn't matter that much. Perhaps from a marketing POV, but otherwise a good ride is a good ride.

Meanwhile, a little 78 foot tall woodie gets worlds of love tucked away in a Pennsylvania valley. And a 70 foot tall steel coaster near Chicago with a flat "ramp" drop consistently has the longest line in the park. A good design will have the longest return on investment.

Did anyone actually stay in the park? To me, it doesn't matter if the tip is confirmed or not. 'BS!" If there is a threat then close then entire place down, no questions asked! I am VERY upset! If there is any threat towards any theme park, then the owners have an obligation to get everyone off the property as soon as the threat happens!

So, if I want the park all to myself, call in a "threat" of some kind and the park is forced to evacuate; thousands of people leave; the park remains nearly empty the rest of the day when operations resume.

Please, run more businesses and places of public assembly.

I’m going to laugh when it’s announced and it’s only 200 feet.

No joke! The height doesn't matter that much. Perhaps from a marketing POV, but otherwise a good ride is a good ride.

Meanwhile, a little 78 foot tall woodie gets worlds of love tucked away in a Pennsylvania valley. And a 70 foot tall steel coaster near Chicago with a flat "ramp" drop consistently has the longest line in the park. A good design will have the longest return on investment.

Exactly. I find some of the best coasters are not very tall.

I think it can be hard to say why people react whichever way they do in these situations. But here are a couple of ideas.

Some people probably didnt even realize there was a (nonspecific) threat and so didn't act any differently than normal.

Some people may have felt that they were adequately protected from any threat due to the police and security presence.

Some people may have felt the urge to go home or to stay away, but felt social pressure (whether real or imagined) to ignore that urge due to the people around them happily going about there business.

Some people may not have felt there was any credible threat.

Some people may have felt that to change their day to day life due to some nebulous threat would be giving into intimidation, this giving power to those making threat. Ignoring the threat could have been an act of defiance.

Still others may have been more afraid of being in other public places during such a threat, like the streets or the subway.

Really it could have been any number of reasons, or combination of reasons.

Personally I wouldn't (and didn't) change my routine without a more concrete threat or more specific warning from authorities (for a combination of some reasons listed above). Granted I wasn't in the park yesterday, but had I been, I would have carried on as normal.

On the Toronto news, they were talking to families who agree with me.

Why would you take your children to a place that needed to be protected

by armoured police vehicles? It has nothing to do with Wonderland.

I know there was no specific threat against any attractions, but If there was that much of a reaction needed by police,

then they should of shut down the areas that were threatened

regardless of what attractions the areas were near.

I disagree that the places should have been shut down, but I also would fully support anyone's decision not to attend under the circumstances. I also would hope that the park would accommodate staff who didn't feel comfortable being there.

I wasn't trying to say that any other view, or yours in particular is wrong, just offering some possible answers to the question you posed.

I think had there been a serious or concrete threat, authorities would have shut the threatened areas down.

On the Toronto news, they were talking to families who agree with me

Which means what exactly? There are people on this thread who disagree with you, nothing wrong with differing opinions. There is no right or wrong in this instance, just personal choice.

Wonderland made their own decision regarding the days events, so did the people in the area and downtown.