Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 953: Hersheypark teasing 2019 addition!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Rayj wrote:Anyone know where I can find discounted hershey tickets?

They also offer a reasonably priced twilight ticket, but for a full day AJ has you covered.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- Parque Espana & Legoland Japan

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby freejaffa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:45 am

Sorry but you’re a week late, they sold 50% off of 1 and 2 day administrators up until July 1st.
You may find some scalpers on eBay.

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:26 am

I'll be at the park a week from now. I guess there's no chance of fast track unlimited at this point. Damn.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby freejaffa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:51 am

prozach626 wrote:I'll be at the park a week from now. I guess there's no chance of fast track unlimited at this point. Damn.

After going earlier this year I can say you only need it if your only going for a few hours or a really busy weekend.

If you stay at a Hershey property sweat start in my opinion is equivalent to a fast pass.

Most of the time lines are less than 15 minutes. The app can get you to rides with the shortest lines and you’ll get to everything you need to.

The only rides with lines that don’t go down fast are Lafftrack, Great Bear and Comet.

The remaining rides have highly wavey wait times.

If you go to the water park then may god have mercy on your soul, and you will be forced to follow the crowds and will hit all the lines.

Good luck, and those more experienced may give better advice.
Last edited by freejaffa on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:17 pm.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:08 pm

http://www.hersheypark.com/2019/

hp19.JPG

Hersheypark is teasing a new addition for 2019 to be announced on August 2nd, 2018! Follow the link above to enter in a sweepstakes for a chance to win one of the following prize packages!

1 Grand Prize
Agent Will Receive:
  • Four 2019 Hersheypark Season Passes
  • Four Hersheypark Season Pass Holder Drink & Dining Plans
  • One Year's Supply Of Hershey's Chocolate
  • Additional Confidential Prizes To Be Announced August 2

20 Runner-Up
Agents Will Receive:
  • Four 1-day Hersheypark Tickets, Valid During 2019 Summer Season
  • One Hershey's Chocolate Prize Pack

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2018/07/new_hersheypark_2019_reeses.html

Hersheypark's next addition is top secret ... at least until August 2.

The park's website has announced that "something new is coming" in 2019, and that the "mission details" will be revealed this August.

The "agent trainee program" is apparently only open to those who love peanut butter and chocolate (which, in fairness, is just about everyone) and has been clearly branded with the Reese's logo.

The secret agent and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup motifs suggest that the announcement may have something to do with the Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge, a shooting gallery ride found at the park.

Visitors to the website can enroll in an Agent Sweepstakes, for a chance to win Hersheypark season passes or tickets, and up to a year's supply of chocolate. Entering the sweepstakes also grants updates on the attraction prior to the reveal.

For details, visit Hersheypark's website.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby alilstronger » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:

They also offer a reasonably priced twilight ticket, but for a full day AJ has you covered.

Dunkin Donuts has coupons at their stores.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:13 pm

^^ Between the "trainee" thing, the chocolate and peanut butter thing and the weird footer, it sounds interactive and I sort of wonder if this is some type of overlay of Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge.

I know others have mentioned that. I'm hopping on that bandwagon.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:30 pm

prozach626 wrote:I'll be at the park a week from now. I guess there's no chance of fast track unlimited at this point. Damn.

First off - you have no idea what the weather is going to be like a week from today, so calm down. If its super hot, everyone will go to the water park. If there is a chance of rain it may be a ghost town.

Secondly, download the app for wait times. I know your whole thing is "I love Fast Pass and I want to go at my own pace and do what I want" and I'm with ya and agree, obviously its not an option here, but I think you'll be fine with a little bit a strategy. If you are staying at Hershey property, you have Sweet Start, so use it. I've never done it, but everyone says its like ERT on Skyrush, SDL and Comet (and I think the Towers). So you can get those out of the way. If not, just get there early before opening, and skip everything in the front of the park and head to the back and work your way back up. If you need to ride Laff Trakk go there first. If not, go to Fahrenheit first. Those are the only two you'll have to worry about. Have the app downloaded and use it - I have and its fairly accurate. Hershey is not big so if you see something with a short wait on the app, just go there then.

ALSO! Zach I don't know if you've asked or if we talked about this with you at all BUT this is mucho importante. Hershey is not very beer people friendly. You can definitely get it in the Overlook Food Court - last booth. They have like 10 taps I think and its a decent selection. You'll have a hard time finding beer anywhere else (in the park that is - Troegs is a 5 minute drive down the road. Go there!). FYI.

Hershey is the best. Even if its busy and you follow that basic strategy I can't see how you can't have fun there. Best park.

And in regard to 2019 - its totally a retheme of the Reeses ride.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:41 pm

My absolute #1 suggestion for anyone visiting this park that's not a complete credit whore is to skip Laff Trakk.

It's a fun ride (really... it is), but it's so not worth the wait times that it pulls.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Yeah that's why I said "If you need to..." I still haven't ridden it, and would just make my first stop Fahrenheit.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!