TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I’m possibly going to Six flags America for the first time on July 24th, a Tuesday, and was wondering if 4 hours is enough to experience all the coasters and some of flats, assuming it would not be storming. I would also like to know which rides get the longest lines, and the best seat or row on each coaster. Thank you!

I’m possibly going to Six flags America for the first time on July 24th, a Tuesday, and was wondering if 4 hours is enough to experience all the coasters and some of flats, assuming it would not be storming. I would also like to know which rides get the longest lines, and the best seat or row on each coaster. Thank you!

Four hours is more than enough time. I would just walk to the back of the park first, ride Batwing, and work your way back. You don't have to worry about lines on a Tuesday. Check out both the back and front on Superman. On Wild One, make sure not to sit on a wheel seat, my favorite is the second to last row.

Four hours is more than enough time. I would just walk to the back of the park first, ride Batwing, and work your way back. You don't have to worry about lines on a Tuesday. Check out both the back and front on Superman. On Wild One, make sure not to sit on a wheel seat, my favorite is the second to last row.

You are good with 4 hours. Most of your time could be wasted on food ops which I would skip with a late breakfast and then early dinner. If you are in at opening Superman and Batwing aren't always open. I usually hit the Mardi Gras section first. Ragin Cajin can get backed up later and while it is a pretty damn good ride it is not one I wait for.

Keep in mind ME has only been running one train. That was the longest wait mid day coaster wise on 7/4/18. Everything else was a walk on if you do not mind riding in the middle of the train and that was a holiday. RC can get a wait, every time I've been to the park since its debut the queue has been full.

Also, there really are no notable flats. They are pretty much mediocre and run non thrilling cycles.

On a Tuesday, it's going to be reride heaven. I disagree with there being 'no' notable flats. I'm one who does like the fireball. If you've ridden one of the loops, then nevermind. All of the other flats, you've probably ridden already somewhere else.

Most notable though is the drop tower. I've been on my share of towers. The one at SFA is pretty small in comparison to others, but it provides one of the 'sharpest drop feelings' that I've experienced.

On a Tuesday, it's going to be reride heaven.

Can someone provide some photographic evidence of crowds at this park? I'm being serious.

I think there are 3 notable flats: Rodeo, Wonder Woman, and the drop tower. Rodeo is a Huss Break Dance, and it provides some unique sensations.

They run one of the worst cycles I've ever ridden on a Rodeo. When it first opened they ran an awesome cycle where your car spun uncontrollably and it ran both ways. It has been tamed down a lot. One of the better ones is at Santa Cruz - awesome themeing - indoors, under the boardwalk with lasers, smoke, and music.

Yes, Wonder Woman is fun but once you've rode the two tallest in the world the rest are pretty mediocre.

The drop tower has a great sensation but I get the same sensation on Drop Tower (KD) and a way better sensation on Demon Drop.

Can someone provide some photographic evidence of crowds at this park? I'm being serious.

Lol,next time I go. I'll do it at various locations. Actually has been very crowded lately (overall). I measure by the parking lot.

I thought I was the only one who has noticed that rodeo has been tamed down a lot. It used to be my favorite flat ride and would almost make me nauseous, but in a good way. Now it’s almost a glorified tea cup. Coyote creek needs a huge revamp, starting with a raptor replacing minderaser and a new flat ride package .

I thought I was the only one who has noticed that rodeo has been tamed down a lot. It used to be my favorite flat ride and would almost make me nauseous, but in a good way. Now it’s almost a glorified tea cup. Coyote creek needs a huge revamp, starting with a raptor replacing minderaser and a new flat ride package .

I miss the ugly all brown Tilt A Whirl!

And I totally agree the whole section needs some new life put into it. It looks run down in a bad way. Love the newer colors on ME, definitely fits better into the western theme. There are quite a bit of stores that never seem crowded/shopped. The river rapids needs an update bad. I always pass on it because I find it boring.

Lol,next time I go. I'll do it at various locations. Actually has been very crowded lately (overall). I measure by the parking lot.

Nah I wanna see ride queues. Like more than one switchback filled. I don't think I've ever seen that outdoor queue on Jokers Jinx used. Does Superman get a line past the steps? I need to see this.

Nah I wanna see ride queues. Like more than one switchback filled. I don't think I've ever seen that outdoor queue on Jokers Jinx used. Does Superman get a line past the steps? I need to see this.

Yes, Superman gets long, like back to the first set of switch backs where you enter the line - this usually only happens during Fright Fest at night though and running one train. When Superman first opened the entire queue was full.

Joker's RARELY sees the line come out of the station. I have been there where the entire queue is full in the station - usually during Fright Fest.

Roar can have the the ramp queue full but never spills down into switch backs that are under the shade. Their line queue used to be used for a haunt during FF.

The parking lot can be a negative indicator. As I mentioned before I was just there July 4th and all 3 parking lots were full. However, Every coaster besides ME was a walk on, due to one train operations, if you did not want the front or back row. Actually pretty much everything none water related was a walk on. Now, when you see this in fall when its Fright Fest you know there will be lines because the water park is closed plus a HUGE amount of their guest use the public bus to get to the park.

I've never waited outside of the station for anything in this park other than Ragin' Cajun, and we usually visit during Fright Fest.

Same. I've only ever been in Sept/Oct and it was on weekends with nice weather and it was reride heaven all day long.

I went around Sept. 20 -- the weekend KD is closed -- 2 years in a row and the difference was night and day. 2015 and 2016 I think. The first was good, the second was a unusually hot, clear day for the time of year and too crowded for me. Batwing was probably 45 minutes wait, etc.

While SFA often has light crowds, they don't do big crowds well, and what with the other weaknesses of the park the crowd threshold of becoming not very much fun to me is rather low.

Batwing was probably 45 minutes wait, etc.

So there were three trains worth of people in line?

This line can get up to 45 min to an hour in the summer if they are using one train and one station. Some of it has to do with the restraints - some people get confused on how to get into the seat. Also, they used to let you pull down the leg restraint and now they don't. If someone does sometimes they have releases them all and redo them.

If the intent is to keep Batwing at SFA long term (which I hope it is) I wonder if Vekoma could/would make trains for a Flying Dutchman model using the same restraint system they have on the Stingray model. On the Stingray model, the restraints are much more similar to the restraints on a B&M where the vest and lap bar are incorporated together and pulling down the lap bar also closes the leg restraints. I feel like that would REALLY help with load times, but given that the only real issue with the trains currently is that they are difficult/cumbersome to load (they still seem pretty reliable and they still seem to be providing reasonably smooth rides), I doubt that there would be any incentive to replace the trains anytime soon.

stingray-flex-5.thumb.jpg.6138ce1fac8e74ff9f978407b7626dc1.jpg

Batwing was probably 45 minutes wait, etc.

So there were three trains worth of people in line?

This line can get up to 45 min to an hour in the summer if they are using one train and one station. Some of it has to do with the restraints - some people get confused on how to get into the seat. Also, they used to let you pull down the leg restraint and now they don't. If someone does sometimes they have releases them all and redo them.

BW can turn into quite the debacle.

Well I was there today, and the sign of Batwing being down until further notice was still up.

I asked an attendant at S:ROS what was going on there and I was told Batwing is getting some kind of an upgrade.

Maybe it'll be new trains like what they have on the Stingray model.

Well I was there today, and the sign of Batwing being down until further notice was still up.

I asked an attendant at S:ROS what was going on there and I was told Batwing is getting some kind of an upgrade.

Maybe it'll be new trains like what they have on the Stingray model.

Honestly, I'd take a quieter lift bill chain.