TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I remember one year I went to Magic Mountain. We walked over 4 or 5 people who passed out in the lines.
That seems helpful.

No it wasnt, they were really inconveniencing us.

In all seriousness, they had their parties fanning them while someone looked for security. What else are you supposed to do besides step over them and keep moving up the line?

Blame Six Flags for the horrendous lack of shade.

I wouldn't go that far as to blame Six Flags for the high heat. When the heat gets to a certain point you get can dehydrated and pass out even in the shade. When its hot its up to you as a person to make sure you are staying hydrated, eat foods that are good for the heat, and pay attention to your body. It will give you signals when its had enough. Now, do I think more shade is needed in parks? Yes, especially when you are in line or waiting on a break run. But when push comes to shove its you to you to take care of your body.

Here you go

Will you come down and help me set it up? We might need to get Tom and Poop to assist, but a case of beer and free rides and I'm sure they'll be in.

Has anyone heard anything about the adjustments to Zu, which would allow it to run simultaneously with Ka? Last I heard, the park had received the permit to be able to duel them, but hasn't done the proper changes to Zu yet. Is it on hold for the summer, or cancelled all together? Waiting for the other on either ride is painful, especially so on Ka considering the already long lines it gets.

Waiting for the other on either ride is painful

Oh come on. Zum has existed on Ka for four seasons now. They have it down to a pretty efficient science at this point. I might be mistaken but I don't think we've ever seen any concrete, physical evidence the rides would run simultaneously, other than the article w/ Chikola in Popular Science last summer talking about how they were working on it.

I'd love for them to run together but acting like its oh so painful to have to wait for an extra 3 minutes for Zum to cycle after you probably already just waited an hour for a 20 second ride on Ka? If you're wasting an hour waiting for Ka you're doing it wrong, and Zum only ever gets a wait like 10% of the time its open.

I might be mistaken but I don't think we've ever seen any concrete, physical evidence the rides would run simultaneously, other than the article w/ Chikola in Popular Science last summer talking about how they were working on it.

There's

from the Q/A over the winter with the then park president, Neil Thurman, where he states that the park has/had the intention to change the roofing of Zumanjaro. I assume this is as concrete as it gets other than an actual press release.

Also, it isn't terrible waiting for Zu on Ka, but it certainly isn't helping the lines. It's not a massive priority for the park, but it would still be nice to have them duel.