TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Hi everyone I’m back with another question! If I have the platinum pass with the Bring a friend free reward as well as the bring a friend for 20$ reward would it be possible to use these on the same day? Thanks all (-:

Hi everyone I’m back with another question! If I have the platinum pass with the Bring a friend free reward as well as the bring a friend for 20$ reward would it be possible to use these on the same day? Thanks all (-:

Yes you can use both on the same day. They are two separate offers that are redeemed independently.

Typhoon Twister is still closed. No timetable on when it will open back up either.

This whole situation is a little bit ridiculous. Just this summer, I've seen several people fall out of tubes/rafts at my local waterpark and the rides didn't get closed down. This happens when people don't hold onto the handles tight enough, not because there's something wrong with the slides.

It really does suck. One careless woman and not only is the ride shut down for everyone else (maybe permanently) but look at the money it will cost the park. Truly bad luck for SFSTL, when there was apparently no wrongdoing on their part. They probably won't but I hope they fight her in court instead of just giving in and settling. Wonder if that will impact future decisions on new rides for us?

Yes, Xcalibur is still closed, along with Colossus and Shazam. Also, Tsunami Soaker and Fireball have been closed a lot recently. Fireball doesn't even have the train on it anymore. Tsunami Soaker has been down for about a week or so.

Yes, Xcalibur is still closed, along with Colossus and Shazam. Also, Tsunami Soaker and Fireball have been closed a lot recently. Fireball doesn't even have the train on it anymore. Tsunami Soaker has been down for about a week or so.

Tsunami Soaker is just down for staffing reasons as far as I know. Obviously Fireball is getting work done - wonder if something broke or if there was a change made for the larger model in Chicago that they've decided to pull in and use on ours.

I hate saying this, but this year has been one of the worst I've seen in 15 years. The 2018 season is a wash, SFSTL staff is doing everything in their power to try, but corporate doesn't seem to care to help and give the proper resources and funding. Lets hope with all the down time this year, that everything is ready to go for 2019.... smh

I was at the park today. The lines were very manageable due to it being so hot and the majority of the crowd being at the water park. A few notes:

I did not notice if Typhoon Twister was operating. But as has been mentioned before, Fireball, Excalibur, Colossus, and Shazam were all closed.

Food lines were the most managable I have seen them in years! (I still left the park to eat though).

So many of the buildings are looking terrible! Siding fading and falling off and roofs literally crumbling! I dont get why things are left to such a state.

I had a parking entrance attendant try to charge me to re-enter the parking lot! He scanned my membership card and said "you have already used this today". I told him I left to eat, and that is my membership pass. He then asked me for my reciept from my previous entry. I told him I didnt get one. I then reiterated that I have a membership and it includes parking. He then hesitantly told me to go on. I have NEVER experienced anything like that before. I dont even know what to make of it. I mean, is communication throughout the park employees really THAT Bad?

I think any revival or addition to the Shazam area is a good thing. That area seems dead and dated. It's my least favorite area in the park.

I had a parking entrance attendant try to charge me to re-enter the parking lot! He scanned my membership card and said "you have already used this today". I told him I left to eat, and that is my membership pass. He then asked me for my reciept from my previous entry. I told him I didnt get one. I then reiterated that I have a membership and it includes parking. He then hesitantly told me to go on. I have NEVER experienced anything like that before. I dont even know what to make of it. I mean, is communication throughout the park employees really THAT Bad?

He's probably just new. I wouldn't think too much into it.

We went to the park yesterday as well, on a total whim for a short day. AND I have some TT intel.......(which was an ongoing saga as the day went on)

So, my son and I were going to go up to the local pool and then decided very last minute why not just run out to the waterpark instead and maybe get a ride in on the castrated (I mean refurbished Boss) to check it out. We could only stay til about 3:30 or so due to a family dinner commitment so we knew it would be a short day.

We got into the waterpark just a few minutes after opening, lines were very short for the first hour or so. We did several of the slides pretty quickly. While doing Tornado and Wahoo Racer we noticed the construction going on just outside the fence as was mentioned in a previous post. At this point just grading and tree clearing but there is a little trailer there for the workers which would make it seem to be a more long term project. Asked around no one seemed to have a clue what it was for (or they weren't saying) except the 7 year old who hitchhiked onto our Tornado raft because he didn't want to ride with his older sisters, he said he talked to a "manager" who told him it would be a "cool ride bigger than TT" I say use that to let the rumors begin.

TT was closed, there were several maintenance workers around the ride. We asked them if it was going to be open later, we got a "I don't think so, but we're working on it". That was the same line I got from a few lifeguards I tried to chat up about it. Hmmmm....seemed to be the company response and I thought what does working on it mean; it works totally on gravity, there aren't any moving parts. Anyway after some lunch and with the heat ramping up it started to get very crowded so we spent some time just chilling on the lazy river. We did rent tubes as the line was getting really long. While on the river I noticed that the sign at the TT ride entrance (you know the one that lists the ride requirements and what medical conditions should not ride) was missing. Also, a woman who had been at the park the day before told us that they were testing it the day before with employees and paramedics present. Hmmmm...more on TT in a minute.

On a side note I did notice that the wp seemed understaffed. There was only one lifeguard at the bottom of Tornado leaving the riders to keep order and get their own rafts, only one person at tube rental, and as mentioned in a previous post 'attendants' at the top of rides instead of lifeguards. That doesn't really bother me, not much danger at the top but a few more would be nice if at all possible, particularly at the top of the tube slides. On a very side note they finally got rid of the poison ivy that has been growing all along the lazy river and I have been watching the lifeguards tramp through. Guess they figured it out.

By about 2 or so it was really getting packed so we decided to to go check out Boss. Both of us are no votes on the new Boss I'm afraid. I liked the helix, thought it was unique, but I could have possibly lived with that if it wasn't for the trim. They have made the mcbr so much more intense, to keep it from going too fast into the new turn at the end I assume, that the coaster almost comes to a stop. Seriously, it crested the next hill very slowly and I really thought it was going to valley in the little dip after that hill. We watched it after our ride and it goes very slowly over that crest everytime. Makes the second half of the ride lamer than it used to be in my opinion.

We rode a couple water rides and then it was getting late and we didn't have much time. So, we each did one more activity that we wanted. The boy went to ride Thunder. I stuffed my face with beignets. The mardi gras festival was in full force with lots of fun music and characters and special food. The beignets were yummy.

Now the rest of what we found out about TT. Since the boy was riding Thunder on his own a ride op rode with him. He has no idea why. But my son asked him about TT. The Thunder ride op said that the insurance was requiring them to do 50 test rides with riders. These people had to be employees, sign a waiver and could only do it once. If correct this would explain the presence of the paramedics and the time it is taking to reopen. I suspect there will be a new ride requirement sign when it opens that has been approved by the legal department. BUT it does sound as if it will reopen this year.

Final two notes: The lines for the rides in the regular park were short. I'm guessing with the afternoon heat the crowd had shifted to the waterpark. The firehouse spraying water into the parking lot seems like such a waste of water. Is there any purpose to it that anyone knows of?

I forgot to mention I got stuck on Justice League. It malfunctioned just as my vehicle was about to go to the score scene at the end of the ride. We sat stagnant for about five minutes. Then it moved a little past the score scene and we sat stagnant, but spinning for about ten minutes (thankfully it was a slow spin lol). It didn't reopen the rest of the day as far as I noticed. The malfunction was between 3:30 and 4:00.

I also noticed that the onride photo location has been completely removed.

I've been told that the park is expecting to have Xcalibur back sometime in August at the earliest.

Colossus is down for more upgrades to improve the reliability of the continuous loading system.

Rumor has it that Shazam is moving to Highland Fling's spot. If this is true I would expect to see the 2019 addition to go in Shazam's spot. I think the old Harly Quinn Spinsainty from SFoT would probably be used to fill in that spot and would most likely keep the Harley Quinn name. No word on when Shazam will be running again.

Moving an existing ride to just put in a new one in that spot doesn't make a ton of sense. Britannia isn't exactly hopping either.

But hey maybe the old name for our Scrambler returns? El Toro Bravo might fit Britannia better (or Highland Fling actually - decent name for a Scrambler).

And yes 2018 has been rough. Some things not exactly in the park's control (Xcalibur/staffing), but others very much so (Shazam, Colossus and not having the slide ready).

I was hoping they'd get one of those new enterprises. I can't recall the name, but Kentucky Kingdom got one and it is basically the Highland Fling but with floorless seats. Looks really cool too! Maybe another SF has it....Catwoman Whip or something? Would be perfect for that spot to carry on HF's footprint. Wishful thinking, I guess.

I was hoping they'd get one of those new enterprises. I can't recall the name, but Kentucky Kingdom got one and it is basically the Highland Fling but with floorless seats. Looks really cool too! Maybe another SF has it....Catwoman Whip or something? Would be perfect for that spot to carry on HF's footprint. Wishful thinking, I guess.

The ride in question is a Zamperla Endeavor 48. And yes, it would be a fine replacement for Highland Fling.

More thinking aloud on the Shazam transplant rumor.

The queue isn't going to be sufficient for a new ride I don't think - the Fling queue building is far nicer and I'm pretty sure it is bigger. If you put a new ride in to the Shazam slot, even a Troika transplant, then that old rotting wooden framework is going to look bad and the queue may be too small for year one attendance. Shazam was backing up in to the midway last year. It's probably quite a bit more expensive to do an upgrade than to just install the incoming ride in Britannia.

Then there's the negative attention of leaving the shell of the ride up for a whole season when if you're just going to move it you could dismantle it and let a sign do the talking. Speaking of signs you already have one up at the Fling site saying that it will be the home of future innovation.

Now the switcheroo even after posting a sign would not be that big a deal but there already seems to be a general feeling that the current park management doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to rides and that could just feed in to that even more.

For the record I am of the opinion that the management of the rides has been abysmal this season. You're down 6 at the moment - in mid-July. There is no meaningful communication as to why for half of them. No timetable for the return of any of them aside from rumors. You open your new attraction what most people would probably consider a month late - it may not be a common slide but it isn't unique. I understand that two rides are down because of major part failures and those kinds of things aren't always predictable. And another for legal reasons. But Colossus and Shazam are closed because of decisions the park made - and Fireball already opened late because it was late returning from offseason work and even if this down time isn't related that creates the appearance of a relationship. All of these things happening simultaneously makes it a bit hard to believe it is just coincidence and they're solely the victim of bad luck.

Edited by Danrarbc

^ I wouldn't be surprised to see an upgrade done to the queue, or even the entrance moved across from the Log Ride if a new/new to the park ride is put in Shazam's location.

^ I wouldn't be surprised to see an upgrade done to the queue, or even the entrance moved across from the Log Ride if a new/new to the park ride is put in Shazam's location.

I had also considered the queue could end up on the Flume side of the plot. But queue work is essentially required either way if the new ride is installed there. And that is what makes it hard for me to believe they'd do it. It is extra work they don't really have to do. The issue that prevents American Thunder from dispatching until an extra block is cleared still hasn't been fixed and that is something that directly impacts ride capacity every time two trains are run. Why rebuild one queue and install two rides when you can get away with rebuilding zero and just installing one ride?