TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phil & Michael's 2018 Adventures

Great report! I always wondered if the Titanic museum was any good when I passed the one in Pigeon Forge.

Usually Outlaw Run and WildFire were one train waits for the front or back so I had to walk around anyway. Though on days when you can get rerides that easily, it really is a first world problem to complain.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Oh I certainly agree about the re-rides...not a problem walking around to ride again as I try to rack up pedometer steps when I can because I get rewards for the more steps that I get.

On a sadder note, I am going to have to put a delay on this report. Michael was admitted to a hospital in Erie yesterday with a serious blood infection and a CT scan detected "something" on his liver. More tests tomorrow and we are hoping that it's an abscess (and not a cancerous tumor) that can be cleared up with doses of heavy antibiotics.

I will still continue to use this site as my "escape from reality" and will still post here and there, but please try to keep us in your thoughts as we battle yet another setback in poor Michael's health.

Phil. . I am sending all the "good JuJu" I have your way.

both you and Michael are in my thoughts, and I hope everything comes out ok. Hopefully they can quickly figure out what's going on and get the treatment going.

(((hugs)))

Finally getting a chance to catch up on your Branson adventures and just got to your update on Michael's sudden health crisis. I am sending loads of prayers, good thoughts, well wishes, and healing vibes your way. Please tell Michael there are many strangers out there who care deeply about him - and you too, Phil. Let us know if there is anything we can do, even though many of us are far away we are still here for you.

Thank you all so much to everyone for their well-wishes! I know that this is the best coaster community out there and it's really cool to see people rallying around Michael and I!

He is currently stable, although they did have to add a drain today to try to get some of the infection out from around his liver. He is very tired & weak, but still his normal, lovable self.

It really makes a difference when he is such a good patient for the nurses and I am always inquisitive and willing to help out with anything that can make their jobs easier.

After his 6 month stint in various hospitals and rehab centers in 2016/2017, we really gained a highly respectable appreciation for LPN's, RN's doctors, aides, etc...these people work their asses to the bone and sometimes don't get the recognition that they deserve.

Not sure if there are any of you out there in the coaster community that work in the medical field, but if you do, THANK YOU for everything that you do!!!

• 1 month later...

It is with a heavy heart to announce that Michael passed away last Friday at 2:15 PM at home, peacefully surrounded by myself and several family members.

This trip to Branson was unfortunately our final trip together.

Even worse is the fact that my computer shit the bed a week before and I fear that I may have lost what photos of this trip that I had yet to post. I have an IT friend that is going to work on recovery, but for now, I need to focus on my recovery as this one hurts really bad.

If I can get the photos back, I would try my best to finish this report as a tribute to one of the kindest, most caring and loving individuals that this planet has ever seen.

I vow to keep carrying on and keep enjoying life and as soon as I am able, I will be hitting the road to some theme parks and will post another TR as a tribute to the man that I loved so dearly.

I know that this is what he would want me to do.

as I told you in private, Phil. . . let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

you remain in my thoughts, and I send you my love and condolences for Michael.

Oh my god. I’m so sorry to hear that.

I’ve been sitting here for awhile now trying to think of something worthwhile to say, but in the end I realized that there’s really nothing you can say to something like this. These photos are proof that he was loving life until the end though and clearly you played a major role in that. Really that’s the best kind of life you could wish for anyone.

I’m so sorry.

Thank you all so much for the kind and heartfelt sentiments...words cannot express.

Luckily Michael and I were able to cram in tons of theme parks, vacations and just have tons of fun during our 15 year relationship - as well as enjoy our loving friends and family. My only regret is that we didn't get a chance to meet more of you during this time.

We did get to WCB, Banshee Bash and Leviathan Bash and both of us couldn't gush enough about what a great job that Robb and Elissa and the parks did to put on such amazing events.

The ERT, meals, presentations, gifts, games, walk-backs...and that god damned hilarious water cup challenge on Back Lot at CW with Michael, my Dad and another TPR member (who's name I can't recollect) is something that I will forever cherish.

We were fortunate enough to never have any drama with anyone and people just loved us for who we were, despite everyone knowing (and perhaps being a bit perplexed) of the age difference. Yeah, it's strange to many, but when it's real love as anyone that knew us understood...it all made sense. We just fit.

My dream was to be able for us to go on a TPR tour and our main focus was Japan. It's fitting that the TPR tour just finished up yet another amazing tour of Japan and I really enjoyed reading every report through these very tough past few weeks. It was a savior whilst sitting through endless days/nights in the hospital before we were able to move him back home.

My hope is that one day I will be able to enjoy a similar trip, or another trip to Germany for Oktoberfest with TPR. I will make it a goal to save the money to do so... and you have my word that there will be no drama from me!

Again, thank you for all that you do - and thank you to all of my dear friends at TPR for being there for me during this very difficult time.

Peace and love to all...