TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Not the colours I was hoping for but it may grow on me.... let's see what it looks like when it's all set up!

If anything I would be thinking it should look like a tree and do reverse colouring.

... at least it's not identical to Valravn now...

Green Supports!

Those supports are usually for transfer track. Which is usually what goes up first on vertical construction.

CRcx64oWUAAnIFX.thumb.jpg.2710587b2d71b3617727280da208c702.jpg

Valravn transfer track.

IMG_4643.thumb.JPG.a60f9c155e593c95998f2933287672f8.JPG

Fury 325 transfer track

adefa3cabfe3450b14269b40ff2b3575.jpg.9fe0784b115b534c5493379a02f091b4.jpg

Gatekeeper transfer track

01_175.thumb.jpg.e4b4d9a4525b3131730702a2ca517319.jpg

Leviathan transfer track.

[quote=

If anything I would be thinking it should look like a tree and do reverse colouring.

Perhaps, someone messed up and it truly was supposed to be brown supports and green track.

I mean, that truly would make so much more sense. I think it actually might look stupid.

When you think about it, there is going to be green supports growing out of the forest with brown track above the green trees?

Yeah, that just might look stupid. I think we will know what it shpuld be when we see the trains.

If the trains are green, then they are not going to match the track. We will have to see.

Maybe it’s just me but I’m actually a big fan of that Tarnished Copper look. Valravn to me looks awesome especially with it’s near Midnight Blue supports, ya know, since Orange and Blue are complimentary. It works. As was probably the intention. A deeper more muted orange with a bold yet dark blue. It’s like how Busch Gardens Williamsburg “completed the color wheel” with Tempesto. They’ve got the Yellow and Purple compliment with Apollo’s Chariot and they complemented that with the bright orange and sky blue tempesto. I think the forest green and tarnished copper look is fairly unique and interesting for the park. They’ve got a pretty interesting spectrum of coaster colors. Blue and Yellow, all black, all gray, red and gray, gray and light gray, blue and white, sea foam green and blue - the list goes on and on. This coaster has a color scheme that isn’t too in your face but is still interesting enough to not be something along the lines of Viper at Darien Lake where the entire thing is black. Regardless of the color though, I don’t think anyone is gonna hold off on riding it because they don’t like what color it is. Still, I just wanted to play devils advocate for a minute and discuss the other side of the argument

[quote name=

Perhaps' date=' someone messed up and it truly was supposed to be brown supports and green track.

I mean, that truly would make so much more sense. I think it actually might look stupid.

When you think about it, there is going to be green supports growing out of the forest with brown track above the green trees?

Yeah, that just might look stupid. I think we will know what it should be when we see the trains.

If the trains are green, then they are not going to match the track. We will have to see. [/quote]

First time I saw Sledge Hammer working today any time I have gone this season.

What's the deal with the fast pass plinko game going from $5 to $10 each turn? I usually hit the park every two weeks and spend $10-15 on the game. With the cost doubling... it's simply not worth it with the chance of getting something really bad like Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck or Frontier Pack (Soaring Timbers and Lumberjack).

First time I saw Sledge Hammer working today any time I have gone this season.

What's the deal with the fast pass plinko game going from $5 to $10 each turn? I usually hit the park every two weeks and spend $10-15 on the game. With the cost doubling... it's simply not worth it with the chance of getting something really bad like Backlot Stunt Coaster, Flight Deck or Frontier Pack (Soaring Timbers and Lumberjack).

Perhaps, too many Plinko staff were giving out cheapy fast passes to their friends.

Sledge Hammer has been up and running for a while, though I'm sure with some downtime.

Maybe the plinko thing got more expensive because of the minimum wage increase? Seems a weird thing to increase for that reason, but maybe allot of people play?

I know I'd never do it just because of Flight Deck.

Sledge Hammer has been up and running for a while, though I'm sure with some downtime.

Maybe the plinko thing got more expensive because of the minimum wage increase? Seems a weird thing to increase for that reason, but maybe allot of people play?

I know I'd never do it just because of Flight Deck.

Minimum Wage went up long ago.

It was $5 as of the last week in June when I went on a weekday.

As for people giving away free fast lane plus cards, the same can be said for any game in the park and its prizes. The last time I went the supervisor had to come over to give the fast lane cards when we won.

^ I think that may answer the question. Canada’s Wonderland is a park that’s known to get ridiculously busy. Perhaps now that we are reaching peak season, they increased the price so that less fast lane vouchers are given out yet they are still making about the same as if it were the off season with the cheaper prices. It would make sense to me. Kind of how the actual price for fast lane shifts based on the business of that day

From a business point, it does make sense. If a guest is willing to pay $20.00 to play fast pass plinko, then at $5.00 a shot, they would get 4 tries and have a 1 in 4 shot at winning. However, at $10.00 a shot, the park still makes the same amount of money, but the guest now only gets a 1 in 2 shot at winning. Screw the guest, make the same amount of money. Makes sense to me.

We were able to get a really good height prediction for this coaster as the elevator track pieces arrived and were alligned with parking spaces that we could measure. The height range for those that don't want to watch the video is about 240-255 feet.

Why are most of your videos at least 10 min long. I think it would be nice if you could cut them down. It reminds me of all thoses fortnite videos.

I appreciate the videos but I haven't been watching lately as the videos are longer than they need to be. A simpler and shorter intro would be better too.

I am always reminded what my English teacher told me many years ago. You can write a great essay in 1000 words. If you can write the essay in 750 words and get the same point across. It's even better. Although being concise is a skill earned.

I always like the videos and share them with friends when I can to show the appreiciation of his hard work.

The height range for those that don't want to watch the video is about 240-255 feet.

These predictions have gone from “def first giga dive!!!1!!!” now to just barely taller than Valravn. I’m going to laugh when it’s announced and it’s only 200 feet.

The height range for those that don't want to watch the video is about 240-255 feet.

These predictions have gone from “def first giga dive!!!1!!!” now to just barely taller than Valravn. I’m going to laugh when it’s announced and it’s only 200 feet.

We have never said it's going to be a GIGA dive. merely entertained the idea with stuff we've seen. We also correct ourselves often too

Thanks for the feedback on the length. Will def fix that