TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

I'm kinda on the fence about visiting this place. Can you buy a ticket just to Blue Streak? Visiting Kennywood and Waldameer on this trip, so is there anything else really worthwhile that I can't get at one of those two parks?

I think you can, but an all day ride wristband is only $10 so it may be worth just getting that.

Blue Streak is fun, but you'll definitely want to ride the Tumble Bug. 1 of only 2 left operating in the world and it is much more intense and fun than the one at Kennywood. Maybe check out Devil's Den too for it's weirdness.

And as others have stated, watch where you walk because there is broken pavement everywhere. Try to think of it as an added attraction.

The wristband is $10 and completely worth it. I would buy it to ride just Blue Streak but Tumble Bug, Devils Den, and the carousel are also can’t miss rides. Their other flats are good too especially if you love classics. Their Tilt-a-Wirl and Flyer go way back.

One ride on Blue Streak is worth it alone! Those water slides are something else... it's been years since I spent that much time on water slides. Old school, not computer generated. Basically, really good stuff you won't find at corporate parks.

Let's not forget about Witches Stew...a very rare and unique flat.

I totally did, whoops! Thanks for bringing back that memory.

Conneaut does have a very modest selection of must-rides--I too would say they're Blue Streak, Devil's Den, Tumble Bug, and the carousel. Oh yeah, and that rare spinning ride that's themed to, like, old ladies and soup, I think? I find their other rides to be classic but generic. That said, the park can be a surprisingly compelling place to spend some time.

The Blue Streak is one of the last remaining coasters in the world where you can get true air time

I don't know man. I rode El Toro twice today. It that air is a lie then I don't want to know the truth.

I was a little disappointed about the added seatbelts. That said, I've read positive comments from after they were added, and I've found that seatbelts don't necessarily dampen buzz bar airtime; they just change how you're thrown.

Then again, I was also disappointed about the permanent use of the NAD trains, which I'm generally all for. I support all classic trains, but damn those Vettel trains that they can't use anymore are good-lookin'.

The Blue Streak is one of the last remaining coasters in the world where you can get true air time

I don't know man. I rode El Toro twice today. It that air is a lie then I don't want to know the truth.

El Toro definitely has strong air time, and is fun... I'm just a little more fond of the old stuff. Where you aren't stapled to a seat. Both good, just a preference. I usually refer to the more stapled stuff as "uplift forces," as the parks do. It's all fun at the end of the day.

I was a little disappointed about the added seatbelts. That said, I've read positive comments from after they were added, and I've found that seatbelts don't necessarily dampen buzz bar airtime; they just change how you're thrown.

My understanding is the park was sent a letter from the state "strongly recommending" adding seatbelts after the Idlewild Rollo Coaster incident.

Just watched a video of Witches Stew. That may be too spinny for me. I'll have to see it in person I think. Cool to see such an outpouring of positivity for this park though. I honestly didn't expect it.

The only time that I rode it, they had to clean puke out of the car from the person riding before me, if that's any indication. It's kind of like a Tilt-A-Whirl on steroids.

One other thing to note and I am not sure if this was just on the day that we visited, but due to low crowds, they were running super long ride cycles.

I swear that I was on Witches Stew and their Wipe-Out ride for a good 10 minutes and at least 15 minutes on the Paratrooper. It was to the point where I thought that the ride op was going to just walk away and leave us there all day...and he was also operating the flyers right next to it and giving that a long cycle.

^ Wow. That is really crazy to see that many people at Conneaut again this year. When I visited last year, there was a constant line of about 25-30 people for the Blue Streak, which totally blew my mind as I was always used to simply walking up the empty ramp and being the next one to ride. Heck, when I visited in 2014, the park was so quiet I could literally hear my own footsteps. I guess the waterslides and lazy river have really helped bring people back to Conneaut. Now if they can just turn a profit, maybe we'll get that long-awaited asphalt renovation!

Just watched a video of Witches Stew. That may be too spinny for me. I'll have to see it in person I think. Cool to see such an outpouring of positivity for this park though. I honestly didn't expect it.

The only time that I rode it, they had to clean puke out of the car from the person riding before me, if that's any indication. It's kind of like a Tilt-A-Whirl on steroids.

Ewww... sorry to hear that. I really like those old "Tempest" rides. It's very simple, and free spinning. So you can get almost no spin to crazy spin. I love the Witche's Stew theme, but man does it need a good in-depth rehab. That goes without saying, as most of Conneaut does. I hope they are able to do that some day. Those rides are awesome and would look much better in great shape. I'm thinking of the way Bay Beach in Green Bay takes care of their old/classic stuff: it all looks like brand new! With all the attention Conneaut has been getting, I can totally see all that happening.

Today is $5 Second Sunday. The dry park is $5 and the water park is $10 as normal (unless you have the GroupOn). They were slammed Friday with normal pricing so I assumed today would be busy but it looks like it’s actually too busy. I hope they are handling the crowds ok. Some pictures from a fan site below (original source unknown).

050E773E-46EA-4967-83CA-5465E740C1EB.thumb.jpeg.c94fa079457ecf54da615246641571b5.jpeg

48E8F60B-5429-4914-AAB7-12F5000ACCFE.thumb.jpeg.b7bbaf997dae1255a4cfa693f88385aa.jpeg

4A6B33F8-EFCC-4CBD-8E55-787BDA20A8E7.thumb.jpeg.1d833ffec1c99612114e579638637b27.jpeg

6F9A763E-5EBC-4180-93C1-9494FBD3B2AD.thumb.jpeg.300fa85b98e7060fd66814c0fb3dbe91.jpeg

8B78028F-B82F-4BB1-BB94-6EB635A4E4AA.thumb.jpeg.de1f263fb7cb1f65e35db843acac2a54.jpeg

C21D0E71-8C54-4898-B6AF-89A8E4662783.jpeg.adc832af152cb75348f92f2e08f3b5c3.jpeg

F2144A3E-079C-4F00-825A-FCAE2EE5E224.thumb.jpeg.3353200b77c9f6bef09cf35d00e575c4.jpeg