TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Those look like the Premier ones.

The old Vekoma ones were staggered on the end seats.

So no change then? Is it the Premier that’s so sucky? I rode it last season and man I had the biggest headache walking off it.....why did they change it?

Also finally rode Fireball....my daughter loves the ride and she begged me and I couldn’t resist....I ride coasters of any size and I just couldn’t bring Myself to ride this thing....I don’t like upside down stall rides....but I got on and had a blast...

So in exchange she promised to ride Riddlers Revenge....we rode it twice....second time in front....awesome with the new restraints they put on.....it’s a totally different ride....well done SFNE

^ The Six Flags app claims a full queue for Harley is 70 minutes and from the dispatch times I saw last weekend, that very well could be accurate.

Did you ride Superman in the red train? For whatever reason, that one tends to rattle more than the blue one. Still neither gives a ride I'd consider the least bit rough though.

Rode today and can’t say which train I rode but I will pay attention now.....I am trying tonfiguremout where on the train has the best floater air....I mean clearly it’s near the center but last time I rode I picked the car in the middle that only has one row....there’s a big S thing on the train in the second row of that car for whatever reason.....it was especially rough....and floater was ok but not great.....today I chose the second row of the car in front of that....and it was so

Much better....but you mentioning the difference in general ride between the trains is curious.....your tohoights on best train and car combo for that really amazing free fall feel over those hills?

It's not a major enough difference to warrant me waiting an extra ride for the other train but just something I have noticed.

The missing row is leftovers from the old audio when it was Bizarro.

Rode today and can’t say which train I rode but I will pay attention now.....I am trying tonfiguremout where on the train has the best floater air....I mean clearly it’s near the center but last time I rode I picked the car in the middle that only has one row....there’s a big S thing on the train in the second row of that car for whatever reason.....it was especially rough....and floater was ok but not great.....today I chose the second row of the car in front of that....and it was so

Much better....but you mentioning the difference in general ride between the trains is curious.....your tohoights on best train and car combo for that really amazing free fall feel over those hills?

Also finally rode Fireball....my daughter loves the ride and she begged me and I couldn’t resist....I ride coasters of any size and I just couldn’t bring Myself to ride this thing....I don’t like upside down stall rides....but I got on and had a blast...

So in exchange she promised to ride Riddlers Revenge....we rode it twice....second time in front....awesome with the new restraints they put on.....it’s a totally different ride....well done SFNE

Holy crap periods and spellcheck are your friends.

I know

Sorry

I know

Sorry

Does anyone know if the water park has lifejackets for little kids (5 years old) on hand or is it something we have to bring?

What about towels?

Also, I know roller coasters you can't have phones, etc.. but whats the deal with waterslides, same? no gopros?

Does anyone know if the water park has lifejackets for little kids (5 years old) on hand or is it something we have to bring?

What about towels?

Also, I know roller coasters you can't have phones, etc.. but whats the deal with waterslides, same? no gopros?

Their life jacket policy is on their website... https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/plan-your-visit/water-park-information

No, they do no provide towels.

What about towels?

Selfie sticks are prohibited....I’d think if you tried to board Superman with a GoPro protruding from your head they’d bark unless you arranged it earlier with higher up folks......they have life jackets available but there’s usually not enough and they’re usually gross.....and why would you use you take your phone on a water slide? Lol

I went to the park yesterday, the waterpark was pretty full but I got there at opening so we really didn't wait in too many lines.

The rest of the park was pretty empty. Walk on SROS, Wicked Cyclone, and Batman. Penguin's Blizzard River had a 30 minute wait, and Harley Quinn was 45 minutes to 1 hour.

^Penguin's Blizzard River isn't there anymore! I'm assuming you meant Joker, which took its place?

Blizzard River is still there, Splashwater Falls is the one that got scrapped for Joker. Blizzard River is the name of the one at SFA but the one at SFNE is the raft ride by Wicked Cyclone.

Goliath just opened for the season for the six people that care. Hurry up and ride it before it breaks.

Pretty prime real estate for a WWGLC clone if you ask me....

^ Oh, the possibilities...

I actually like Goliath. Granted I only rode it once in the front row, but it was a terrifyingly intense ride. But I wouldn't shed a tear if it left, especially for a Raptor.

Goliath just opened for the season for the six people that care. Hurry up and ride it before it breaks.

So did this thing seriously run for a few hours on Monday, most of Tuesday and then break again?

Untitled.png.a166490217381a906a5f7468338bed7c.png

Source: Queue-Times

latest?cb=20170312013728

So did this thing seriously run for a few hours on Monday, most of Tuesday and then break again?

[attachment=0]Untitled.png[/attachment]

latest?cb=20170312013728

Got to the park yesterday around 1, and it's been closed the whole time we have been here. Today they are giving up and closing the park at 3 because there are a few rain showers moving in.

I'll get into the craziness I have witnessed at this park after we get to our hotel room in a bit.

Today they are giving up and closing the park at 3 because there are a few rain showers moving in.

Yeah, at this point I just avoid Six Flags parks on days where the weather is even slightly questionable since they routinely close the parks due to low attendance and blame weather whenever they possibly can. There will be passing showers throughout the day, but they knew that hours ago. It's not a washout.

I don't even know where to begin. Everything from the operations to the management gets a failing grade. Everything from poor service, to major safety violations. Ill just list them.

1. Closing the park at 3pm, and the rain is just now starting at around 5pm. No major storms....just scattered rain. The park was by no means buisy. 5 min waits tops. I'm positive that had more to do with it than the weather did. It's awfully conviniant that tgey also close an hour before your dinner dinning plan can be used.

2. Rude staff. Seriously, is every worker here in a bad mood?

3. Height limits on rides. I have never been to a parks that checks your height as this park does. I was denied being able to ride the parks version of a wipeout because I was "too tall". I have been on this ride at every park I have been to that has one with no issues.

4. Closing kiddy rides an hour before the park closes. The park closed at 9pm. I can understand if the park closed at 11 or 12, but closing them at 8pm is just dumb. My kids were not impressed with this. And to make it even worse, they did not even open a bunch of them today because it "rained out this morning". They claimed that the rides can't run if it rained out. BS...every other park they can. It was again because of budget cutting.

5. The BIGGEST issue I had was a major safety issue with the parks rapids ride. This is another ride that they decided not to open today. The problem is, the rides entrance was wide open and the ride was running on auto pilot. People were walking into the station starting to get into the ride that was running with zero employees around. People almost got in and rode the ride. The water was flowing and rafts were being dispatched automatically. I exited the ride and asked to talk to a supervisor about this. Her excuse was that there was supposed to be a chain across the entrance. So I asked her was a chain supposed to stop someone from entering the ride area and falling in? She had no answer for me other than "sorry". At the least, they could have posted an employee at the entrance to prevent an issue. She also claimed that they keep the ride running so the Reservoir does not fill up....whatever that means. Even the security guard was pissed because of the safety issues with this. The management had nothig to sau other than the typical hollow "sorry".

I can go on and on about other things as well. This park is a mess compared to other six flags parks.

20180628_135723.thumb.jpg.4c8afef86edbec9d63560d74400c563d.jpg

Nobody's home, but the ride is running.

20180628_135932.thumb.jpg.7a08b68d928fc21e4e8ff97e8784b93c.jpg

Nobody

20180628_153513.thumb.jpg.988f7b351bd2d04fee5dad848631b504.jpg

No goliath...still

A rainy day at Six Flags New England is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, they'll run most coasters in the rain without an issue and you won't have any waits. On the other hand, it's almost a guarantee they'll close early without much notice. If I wasn't two hours away, I'd probably go on a few more of these rainy days. And like you said, they'll close even if the weather clears up likely due to attendance (not weather).

To be honest, I think the park's operations have improved noticeably from past years, but that's weird about Blizzard River though. Sorry your visit wasn't the best.