TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Testing out a "Mobile" Forum Theme...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everyone about the color scheme, looks great

My main suggestions:

-I’d rather have the page navigation buttons on the main viewing area instead of having to press “#.” Perhaps you can have next page and previous page buttons displayed by default and the full page navigation menu under the “#”

-I’d love it if the mobile posting screen was more like the PC version (as in having the smiley menu, the area showing recent posts for reference, and the tags menu). Perhaps these can be in pop-ups like you currently have the page navigation.

-If you could show mini-profile pictures next to posters that’d be great, but I’ve noticed you’ve indicated you don’t care much about the profile pics

Finally, a minor bug I found: I switched to the mobile mode using the board preferences, but the “switch to mobile mode” link still appeared at the bottom of the screen.

Hopefully these comments are useful, overall I do really like mobile mode

-I’d rather have the page navigation buttons on the main viewing area instead of having to press “#.” Perhaps you can have next page and previous page buttons displayed by default and the full page navigation menu under the “#”

Working on adding next/previous, but the rest of the stuff you suggest won't happen.

-I’d love it if the mobile posting screen was more like the PC version (as in having the smiley menu, the area showing recent posts for reference, and the tags menu). Perhaps these can be in pop-ups like you currently have the page navigation.

Won't happen.

-If you could show mini-profile pictures next to posters that’d be great, but I’ve noticed you’ve indicated you don’t care much about the profile pics

Won't happen

Finally, a minor bug I found: I switched to the mobile mode using the board preferences, but the “switch to mobile mode” link still appeared at the bottom of the screen.

Live with it.

Hopefully these comments are useful

Not really. Unless you want to develop a mobile theme yourself for us as implementing all the things you suggested is probably hundreds of dollars and many many hours of work.

Edited by robbalvey

I have really liked being able to access the mobile forum while visiting Michael in the hospital. The internet is a little in and out there, so sometimes the pages may or may not load, but that's not your problem.

Great job so far...and THANK YOU!

The >> and << are great new additions. I felt like I got through reading threads much faster today using those.

That’s pretty much the last thing I’ve had added to it. So at this point this theme is “done.”

Edited by robbalvey

Appreciate the new quote button. Wasn't really a problem to hit the gear and then quote, but hey one tap is better than two. Thanks!

It was a pet peeve of mine as it's functionality I use quite often (like right now) so I wanted to make it slightly easier to access.