TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Looks amazing

I'm curious about the lift system they'll be using on this one as I don't see the gap the track usually has to make room for the catch car/cable. At least it doesn't go as far down the drop as usual

Looks amazing

I'm curious about the lift system they'll be using on this one as I don't see the gap the track usually has to make room for the catch car/cable. At least it doesn't go as far down the drop as usual

It's a chain lift!

BcZLTFJ.jpg

Q65PDH5.jpg

Photos from PabloA on Coaster force

Looks amazing

It's a chain lift!

Wow that's certainly unexpected! Nothing wrong with it but I didn't imagine Intamin using a chain on a ride of this size at all. I wonder if there are any particular reasons for this.

I wonder if there are any particular reasons for this.

Reliability, no doubt.

Obviously, it's so that the Intamin Cable can't claim another victim.

^They can. Millennium Force's lift usually picks up speed about half way up once the train before it clears the block. But since most of these Intamin coasters with cable lifts have rolling blocks when trains enter the station, the lift speed doesn't vary much since there is plenty of time left over.

Not sure why Intamin/Energylandia opted for a chain lift for this ride, but I imagine it will be quiet and smooth like a cable lift hill (like on the Superman hyper coasters).

• 2 weeks later...

^ Please correct me if something I say is wrong, but isn’t the Golden Ticket awards mostly a popularity contest? If so, then I would get to excited for Hyperion’s Golden Ticket, since I doubt enough enthusiasts are traveling to southern Poland to give it a good chance of placing well. The TPR poll, on the other hand, I can easily see this being a contender if enough people ride. Most enthusiasts have pretty much accepted that the Golden Tickets are a pretty poor indicator of how good a ride is.

Regardless, I’m ridiculously hyped for this ride, even though it will probably be years and years before I get a chance to ride it. Can’t wait for testing!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The lift supports are really interesting, I hadn't really noticed them before.

I'm so stoked for a POV or some testing footage of this monster.

Can a park in the U.S. please build a giant Intamin again?

I can't wait for the test runs to begin!

I don't think there are too many coasters that give me trepidation, but hanging out on the staircases of steep, huge lift hills? No way, Jose. The one guy in the video above ^ is just smoking on the steps at about 200 feet in the air as if he's not 200 feet in the air. Gulp.