TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Been a long time since I've posted but I'm going to throw out the idea that the Chilkoot Trail teasers aren't for the new ride but for Vortex's new name/theme.

Chilkoot Trail passes over the Chilkoot Pass at it's peak and there used to be a number of aerial tramways that delivered supplies and Prospectors over the trail. With Vortex being a suspended coaster that travels over the peak of Wonder Mountain and the new Canadian themes going into the area, I think its a pretty good possibility.

Hey man, you forgot about that tunnel... black out... idea from earlier!

Wait, I haven't really been following this but people are predicting a strata coaster even though there's a visible piece of B&M track sitting in the middle of a lake in the middle of the park?

... it's a dive machine.

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that. Pretty much 95% of people agree that it will be a dive machine. There has been speculation about it being a 300 ft dive, but I don't prescribe to that particular theory.

So for my summer trip I'm going to Canada's Wonderland for the first time! Really excited for Leviathan and Behemoth. Just wanted to know some tips and tricks at how to attack the park, like where to eat, path I should take, and yes, I'm budgeting for fast lane plus.

Tips are greatly appreciated, thanks!

So for my summer trip I'm going to Canada's Wonderland for the first time!

... ... ...

Tips are greatly appreciated, thanks!

When are you going? That will have a big impact.

If you're going before June 28th, the park shouldn't be too bad on weekdays, but weekends can still get quite busy. If you go on a weekday, I'd hold off on FL+ until you see if you need it. On a weekend, it's pretty much always gonna save you a noticeable amount of time.

If the park is very busy when you go, start at the back with Behemoth and Backlot and such even with FL+. On very, very busy days, even the FL lines can reach 30 minutes for certain rides, such as Leviathan. As such knock out the back while the park fills up and people work their way from the front to the back. If you want to go straight to the back, keep left after you enter the park, passing by the sky coaster, the SLC (seriously, pass it by) and the abomination known as Time Warp. When you see a Giant Discovery called Psyclone, you're in Action Zone, and you can hit up a couple of great flats, and two solid coasters, Behemoth and Backlot.

If you go after the 28th, by which time both highschools and elementary schools will be out, even weekdays could start to get respectably busy. I'd still say hold off on FL+ until you see how busy it is. As before, FL+ is almost always gonna be worth it for a one day trip on the weekend.

Food is usually a headache at this park, sometimes with lines that can rival those of rides. But, the best food can be found at Backlot Cafe, with Tex-Mex, Indian, Mediterranean, and Itialian styled offerings. The butter chicken is tasty, as is the chicken souvlaki plate. Spaghetti and three giant meatballs are also pretty decent. I advise against getting much of their parmesan cheese on top - it's really cheap and really salty. If you crave a burger, get the Award Winning Burger at Muskoka Burger and Beer with some kettle chips. It's pretty good for an amusement park burger.

And if you're not from Canada, get a Beaver Tail instead of funnel cake, I don't think you can get them in the US. Most people love them, and there's a number of fun flavours to try.

He's used google maps to measure tunnel width in the past, so I think this was just another way to approach it and help visualize it for those who have trouble visualizing what those distances actually mean.

Valvavryn

Seriously?

Haven't you heard? B&M coasters all have interesting names now! The best one is Shamburgerwithamericancheeseandsecretsauce.

They could have named it Renanin, which is a different name for the same biblical creature. Also the jewish aggadot states "The Ziz is as monstrous of size as Leviathan himself. His ankles rest on the earth, and his head reaches to the very sky.".