TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

Completely destroyed:

- "Pirates of Batavia" Darkride

- Scandinavia Theme-Area including all it's fascilities like Restaurants, Games, ...

Partially(?) destroyed:

- Netherlands Theme-Area

- "Fjord Rafting" River Rapids

- The smaler of the 2 Park Monorails

Piraten in Batavia was part of the classic rides in EP.

This was an "old school" dark boat ride but really cool (1987)

This attraction is in the memories of all the people who started their "park career" in EP.

There's lot of psscchhhii animatronics and it always give you nostalgia.

Hope that no one is hurt.

This is a huge loss for Europa Park, I really hope.

I don't think that came out the way you intended...

Yeah, stopped typing halfway through to correct another error and forgot to continue.

Wodan is safe, the wood in most picures is from the Norwegian area. The only coaster thats closeby enough to be affected is Blue Fire and I can't see how the fire could get there.

This is a huge loss for Europa Park, I really hope.

I don't think that came out the way you intended...

Let's try not to be so rude towards people who don't speak English as their first language. I'm sure his English is much, MUCH better than your German or Dutch.

Seening that the biggest hit falls in the red area maybe the Dutch Area only lost Batavia.

33617086_2074049062668234_2769422773913649152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=952501142b642a1f67c7d591bf420461&oe=5B8B1C52

It really looks Like the back of the darkride was hit not the front. But this is based on imagery we've seen and nothing form the Dutch Area so far. Let's hope that's because there is nothing to see there and not that it's impossible to get there right now.

On Twitter are pictures from Wodan wooden coaster burning too.... Sad day

Please do not post things on our forum unless you actually know what you are talking about. Last time I checked, the coaster at Margate in the UK looks NOTHING like Wodan. Don't be like Trump and spread Fake News. We are better than that.

Edited by robbalvey

Fire could have started in the Flord restaurant kitchen and has spread in Piraten in Batavia, according to local newschannel (DNA aka Last Alsatian News).

It could be a connexion between these 2 buildings.

^^^^ My sincerest apologies, I didn't realize English wasn't Hermanus's first language. I'll think twice before sending something like that in the future.

Edited by JG-77

I just remembered there was a fire scene in Piraten that used real fire. Does somebody know how they created that fire (Gas or other fuel.) and how they could prevent it from being a added danger in a situation like this?

Update from the park's Facebook page:

UPDATE: Unfortunately the attraction 'Piraten in Batavia' and the Scandinavian themed area must be considered lost. The rest of the rides/areas do not seem to be affected.

Here is a video of the ride that we shot last September for those of you wondering what the ride was like:

I have to be honest, my "hot take" (no pun intended) on this is the following:

If there is a "silver lining" to this disaster (and trust me, it sucks. I hate to see anything like this happen to one of my all-time favorite parks) I have a feeling that Europa Park will waste no time in clearing that area and re-building such a classic popular attraction. I'm hopeful that they re-build it using some very current technology, and while it's always a shame to see beloved rides be lost, I have to be honest, if something happened to, let's say Pirates of the Caribbean at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World and after the fact they said "This is a huge bummer, but we are going to replace it with the more updated Shanghai Disneyland version of the attraction" you wouldn't see me shed a tear.

So we just have to hope that, as the saying goes, "things are going to get worse before they get better" that this is the worst case scenario that breathes new life into an absoultely amazing future attraction!

Another update from the park's Facebook:

Latest News: The fire appears to have originated in a warehouse and then went to the attraction 'Pirates in Batavia'. No visitors were injured. 500 members of the emergency forces intervened, we are very grateful to them.

For the moment, we can not inform you if the park will open tomorrow or not. We will keep you informed as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your messages of support.

Edited by JordyC

I say stay closed tomorrow, just clean up and close of the section Monday there is another day.

BTW just saw a picture of Fjord Rafting when it goes behind the Piraten building before and after the fire. That truly hit hard.

EP Twitter said fire started in a warehouse.

Opening to the public tomorrow will be discussed this night.

I'm wondering if the investigation will conclude that all attractions must be checked the same way, even if the park will do it without doubt.

That's not the first fire in park history: can someone tell us the "procedure" and conclusions in other cases ?