TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

^ I thought I read somewhere that the engines at SFOG were diesel powered engines. Im going to have to check and see.

Additionally, did anyone get out to the park yesterday or today? Any progress on the 3rd lap?

Digging deeper we were both correct, originally built as steam and converted to diesel hydraulic. The motor is in the tender. Here's is the topic I found: http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7438

I get why they did it, much cheaper cost. Concerning the fire, it sure looked like the cab was on fire which wouldn't be surprising since the tender is right behind it. Either way it's the media so there's that.

Edit: In reference to TNT, I appreciate that those parks still run steam. As I mentioned it is extremely expensive both in maintenance and training/staffing. I always make a point to try to ride the railroads at both parks. (At St. Louis it is a life saver.)

Fyi....

The train has been running for a few days now. Not sure if it's the same engine, but at least the ride is up again.

SFOG has 2 engines. The Texas and The General. I believe it was The Texas that caught on fire and they are running The General now. Im sure most of the GP will give the side eye to the SFRR now based on their natural fears, but I am also glad that the experience is operational. SFOG just isnt the same without the sound of the train riding around.

So excited to get to ride this later this season!!! ... Am I the only one who thinks this is one of the most "over looked" projects of 2018??

Yeah, it feels like that. Probably because it didn't open as early as SV or Twisted Timbers.

Can't wait to see how this one stacks up. Sometime in the (not-so-near) future I'm planning a SFOG/Carowinds/Dollywood trip and this just makes an already appealing park even more appealing.

Any news of a soft opening of Twisted Cyclone for members or passholders? Thanks

I'd like to know this too. One of the main reasons I decided to pull the trigger on a membership this year was because they advertised this as a perk. If they aren't going to do a soft opening for members, they really need to plan some other sort of event to make up for it. (Not just passholder previews for Fright Nights)

Also, War Eagle.

Any news of a soft opening of Twisted Cyclone for members or passholders? Thanks

I'd like to know this too. One of the main reasons I decided to pull the trigger on a membership this year was because they advertised this as a perk. If they aren't going to do a soft opening for members, they really need to plan some other sort of event to make up for it. (Not just passholder previews for Fright Nights)

Also, War Eagle.

I called the park today to specifically ask about this and was told there WILL be a preview at the end of the week. She said watch the SFOG website for more details.

I get the feeling the preview will have to be sometime on Friday since I think they're trying to have TS open to the public on Saturday.

I also found a cached link that has not been made public yet but looks Very interesting.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:o8olLF450wcJ:https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/celebration/twisted-cyclone-t-shirt-ride-event&num=1&client=firefox-b-1-ab&hl=en&gl=us&strip=0&vwsrc=0

My boyfriend and I had a chance to stop in and activate our memberships today so we decided to spend the last two hours in the park. Great day to do so, lines were non existent. We got in Dare Devil Dive, Goliath, Justice League, GASM, Monster Mansion, Batman, and Scorcher. We entered the que for Mind Bender just as it went down, so we missed out on that today, and at that time Batman was the only ride operating in Gotham City. We finished the day with a Sundae style funnel cake.

I will say, operations on DDD make me cringe, not that the rest of the park is great, but goodness, running 4 trains and all 4 were stacked in the station and brake run.

Twisted Cyclone looks fantastic. Not just the coaster, the entire area looks amazing. Appears they are down to finishing touches. No testing activity or coaster work, but tons of work sounds coming from inside the station and que areas.

Enjoy some photos taken with an iPhone.

F4675115-DB4F-4D15-8C04-2796C6832B4A.thumb.jpeg.6090d13e1f9dafcdd650d5e0927771be.jpeg

Love this little theming touch, humor is greatly appreciated.

89380A8E-BF13-4E5E-9DFB-E6CD5398A973.thumb.jpeg.ae80f45b106ea5411aeb00bccf154692.jpeg

I’ve never noticed the weather vane before, or the other “steeple” atop the station.

44BE98BE-74F8-4C3D-8512-639D2F44A680.thumb.jpeg.47afea3f2e9da8d4d1044f9a622b2e16.jpeg

Finishing touches going into the photo area.

615EA80B-392A-46C2-97F9-2E2725AB7D95.thumb.jpeg.bb9873eb3c99af8cef3aa990ee48ae1b.jpeg

Is it new?

61B9D37F-E3E8-4CCA-9165-4B857265939D.thumb.jpeg.4b01ef9e01a5fb0da16224ec13530b1c.jpeg

50FA34FC-6720-47F7-BB14-B9336B0C3E0E.thumb.jpeg.07f48d4f137cc0087e5dc90719615167.jpeg

8431C33A-DFB1-4380-AFB6-67743BB6C302.thumb.jpeg.6b559c52727a928fbb4d22dc7b9644ef.jpeg

A85BE77E-1AF2-4527-978C-4EC79F08613B.thumb.jpeg.e86c0a9678ff2fb121f5bf9d70037aee.jpeg

3038A29D-A27E-41D1-9FE2-2A774084B52D.thumb.jpeg.7c782df9e421e2dcb867d51c5cd5a0ab.jpeg

Goliath, and it’s humps.

D92F9744-CDFC-4DBC-9816-132779AA22A3.thumb.jpeg.ea4f884fb5899e5615954e43306a0d7b.jpeg

I’ve always had a thing for Batman, and the ride.

0AA76E3E-B9E0-4FF1-AE76-9DBCBA577274.thumb.jpeg.3d2e3627f91e6c43caf65248e49aef4d.jpeg

One last photo before we head back to Nashville.

Also, War Eagle.

Thanks for the shout out but I just live here...ROLL TIDE!

I called the park today to specifically ask about this and was told there WILL be a preview at the end of the week. She said watch the SFOG website for more details.

I get the feeling the preview will have to be sometime on Friday since I think they're trying to have TS open to the public on Saturday.

I also found a cached link that has not been made public yet but looks Very interesting.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:o8olLF450wcJ:https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/celebration/twisted-cyclone-t-shirt-ride-event&num=1&client=firefox-b-1-ab&hl=en&gl=us&strip=0&vwsrc=0

Interesting! I know Media Day is the 23rd so maybe they will formally announce it that day!! If it is Friday, I will miss it due to a graduation

Interesting! I know Media Day is the 23rd so maybe they will formally announce it that day!! If it is Friday, I will miss it due to a graduation

I guess the wildcard would be Thursday. If the media day goes well on Wednesday there's no reason they can't have a soft opening/Passholders preview on Thursday. I think they would rather open it on Friday to less crowds then to try for Saturday of Memorial day weekend.

Also, War Eagle.

I get the feeling the preview will have to be sometime on Friday since I think they're trying to have TS open to the public on

Saturday.

Interesting, I remember SFOG doing a T-shirt preview for JL and then doing a season passholder preview for JL a few days after. But these soft opening dates for TC are getting confusing for me.

For all of those curious the park just posted the link. The preview for members and pass holders will be all day Friday 10:30am-8:00pm. It will not be open to the general public until Saturday.

https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/special-events/celebration/gold%C2%A0and-platinum-member-preview-day-twisted-cyclone

Thank you! Unfortunately, I will miss out so can't wait to see the updates from Media Day tomorrow!!

Just had to give someone a temporary ban from the forums for posting links to other videos when we have asked people OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again to please WAIT for TPR to post our official videos!

Seriously, no one gets any "bragging rights" for being first to post a video. Ugh.... Just be patient next time. We are at the event right now. We'll have our video up soon!

STOP MAKING US HAVE TO DO EXTRA WORK TO BRING YOU CONTENT!!!! YOU'RE JUST PISSING US OFF!!!!

The weather down here has been all over the place this week, and they're talking about rain all weekend. Im not sure if the brake run is still covered but if it isn't, I'm sure Twisted Cyclone will be a Level A ride (Georgia Cyclone was a Level B btw) which means no ops in the rain. Hopefully the weather clears up in time for opening day/weekend but right now things aren't looking too good.

For any SFOG locals/regulars - has Mind Bender been running both trains? I know it had some control issues with 2 trains (for some reason?) the past couple years.

I'm thinking about heading down for a day before my way back up to Holiwood Nights. Ahh Mind Bender, still my favorite steel and inverting coaster

Here's the POV.

just watched that from your twitter link on the front page.

wow. . such amazing floater air in places!

and it really packs it in there in a shortish layout. . I knew that back to back inversions at the 1st turn around would be fun, but wow oh wow, are they great!

think my favorite thing is the headchopper on the drop tho -- love it.

beautiful footage, as usual, TPR!

Edited by bert425