Darien Lake Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
That's as fast as Iron Shark's lift. I was impressed by how good Iron Shark was despite the compact layout, so this should be a nice addition for Darien.

How good is the drop? Is it comparable to Maverick at Cedar Point?
Darien Lake is my home park... :?r

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby joelwee » Tue May 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 22, 2018 2:28 pm

rjr19 wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:
That's as fast as Iron Shark's lift. I was impressed by how good Iron Shark was despite the compact layout, so this should be a nice addition for Darien.

How good is the drop? Is it comparable to Maverick at Cedar Point?

It doesn't have the same whip as Maverick since it's a single car but it does have really strong air.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby TheDarkMaxim » Tue May 22, 2018 2:36 pm

joelwee wrote:Congrats... you guys are a Six Flags park again.

Source: http://investors.sixflags.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2018/05-22-2018-210951050

This strategy SF has be pursuing lately is pretty smart from a business stand point. By simply leasing the park and not owning, it requires less up front capital, as well as an easier route out if required.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby DarienPoint » Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 pm

So will DL along with the other parks be in their announcement videos of getting attractions every year? Like are they now going to be Six Flags, or just owned by Six Flags?
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Ooooo.. does that mean my 2018 six flags pass will work at Darien again? #questionoftheday

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 22, 2018 3:34 pm

This is great news for this park. This isn’t something I would say often but I feel like Six Flags could really come in and class up the joint. :lol:

I feel like this news is likely to bring pages and pages of speculation about new coasters, additional trains being added to rides and repaints and honestly I don’t really see any of that happening unless they come along with marketable “re-branding” of rides.

I would expect this park to receive small upgrades each year but that might actually be an improvement in a sense. That said, I think the best things to come out of this news will be the fact that you no longer need separate season passes for Six Flags and Darien Lake and the park will surely see some new seasonal events.

I don’t know how much this will really change things, but a few things do come to mind:

- I feel like they’ll put the Six Flags name on this park. I don’t know if that’s true at Frontier City but I’ll be interested to see.

- Fright Fest is a given. The fact that the park doesn’t do a Halloween event is asinine on an almost unimaginable level and Six Flags will hop on that gravy train ASAP.

- If they rebrand the kids area then that’s wonderful but they need to take a page out of the Nickelodeon Universe playbook. There are rare times in life that you come across such perfection, such brilliance that even if it doesn’t fit in you need to leave it alone as not to disturb the perfection. Nickelodeon Universe did this with Log Chute. When it comes to Loony Toons bullsh*t, bring it on but they had better not lay a finger on Moose on the Loose. I will lose my sh*t. :lol:

- I feel like this is probably the end of Tim Horton’s so I’ll be sure to stock up before and after visiting the park.

- Rolling Thunder is totally going to be a “coaster” now and I for one can’t wait to watch everyone b*tch about it.

- Speaking of seasonal events: their insanity knows no bounds. If they can do it in Chicago, they can do it in Buffalo. Don’t think they won’t...

- They’re not going to RMC it. Stop it. Stop... no, stop.

Postby Philrad71 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Wowwww...this is really interesting.

In addition to coasterbill's speculation, I wonder if they will rebrand Ride Of Steel back to Superman? Heck, I think that you could still see the shadow of the name and his outline on the signage for many years after they sold the park. :lol:

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby rjr19 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:52 pm

I’m so happy this is finally happening. Hopefully, SF will bring in the much needed upgrades to the issues here. *Cough Cough* TWO TRAINS *Cough Cough*
Darien Lake is my home park... :?r

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue May 22, 2018 3:52 pm

DarienPoint wrote:So will DL along with the other parks be in their announcement videos of getting attractions every year? Like are they now going to be Six Flags, or just owned by Six Flags?

I'm betting they will be Six Flags parks again, so they will end up in the announcement videos every year.
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!