TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^^ Most of that space where the Autobahn used to sit is already taken up by Cyborg's pad. One of Flyin' Phil's photos from his recent flight shows it pretty well (photo from flyinphilsphotos.com/):

Oh wow, Cyborg is not located at all where I thought it was lol! I thought it was next to JL, where the old Music Express used to be.

Same. I thought it was exactly where Music Express used to sit. This is enlightening (honest mistake for assuming the Autobahn plot was still empty). Seems like a rather large plot of land for just one ride. I’m not sure why’d they put it there, on the edge of the old Autobahn plot, were it neccesitated cutting down that patch of trees.

Well then. I suppose it still goes that Twister could idealy be replaced by a Giant Discovery. I would certainly hope so.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned the cutting of trees in my original post about this. Here's a picture (courtesy Flyin Phil/GAH) for comparison.

0001mod.thumb.jpg.6b47fea358a9466a0e7f2183f3cd211b.jpg

Once the over-the-shoulder restraints were removed, it really was a lot of fun. Shame that it didn't have the same maintenance record as its Mr Freeze brethren or it may have stuck around.

...I know that Harley at SFoT is right next to Joker. . but I really wish they had themed that one to Cyborg as well (and simply kept the Harley themed troika they already had)...

But had they done that then SFOT wouldn't be able to re-install the troika ride next year and market it as the "ALL NEW Cyborg."

Though I too do think that the "Cyborg" theme/name fits this crazy awesome ride so much better than HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity. Regardless both of these rides look AMAZING, and I bet they are both going to be huge hits!!

^Cyborg is definitely both a better and a more appropriate name, but the way they're painting Harley Quinn helps redeem it for me. Granted they could do that with other ride types, but I'm just saying SFOT's is looking spiffy too.

We have video.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

I really hope they have a loud, obnoxiously awful dubstep soundtrack for this ride like in the announcement videos.

Looking forward to riding this crazy contraption, but does anyone else think this ride is going to be a maintenance nightmare? Lots of moving parts.

I've been saying that since day one! I mean, yes it's an awesome looking ride... But I feel like it's going to be prone to excessive downtime.

Even with it being a Bring a Friend Day, I decided to head to the park this morning. I was a little worried seeing many buses and signs regarding Catholic Youth Day. I was worried, not because I fear buses or Young Catholics, but I just wanted to get as many rides in as possible in 2 hours. I did not realize they reduced the numbers of metal detectors to add what appeared to be x-ray machines for the bags (when did this happen?). However, it appeared those x-ray machine lines were moving quickly.

I made it to El Toro about 10 minutes after the park opened and rode the same train for about 15 rides, changing rows when someone was waiting for my row. The ride ops (Nick, Sam and Justin) were quick especially with so few people waiting to board. We were dispatched in less the 60 seconds repeatedly. I think on my rides they only had to check lap bars a second time for only one person and no one accidentally sat down without buckling their seat belt. I far exceeded my goal of 6 rides on the bull this morning.

I got my Orange Cream soda from the Freestyle Machine and ate a cheesesteak at Boardwalk steaks. Service has been very quick all three times this year, but the overall quality of the cheese and steak seems to have slipped since last year, but the bread is still top notch.

I rode Justice League twice (10 minute wait using single rider lane) and both rides I had issues with the guns. The first ride my gun just stooped working about 3/4 of the way through the game, no beam came out and the gun did not vibrate. During my second ride the ride again stopped firing about halfway through the ride. However, by the end of the ride I could feel the vibration when pulling the trigger but still no beam. Quite a bummer, since I love that game.

On the way out of the park, I got a waffle. The waffle is still heavy, but more flavorful than the last time I tried it.

I almost stopped but the membership center to better understand what the difference is between my loaded platinum season pass (all parks parking/food/drink bottle) and the membership but I was in a rush. I think the only difference is the dedicated entrance lines for memberships at opening. I must investigate before I repurchase at the end of this season.

^ Sounds like a good day anytime you can get that many El Toro rides. One of my friends is a chaperone for a Youth Group and was spending most of her time by the Ferris Wheel and SkyScreamer.

A shame to hear about Justice League's guns. I had the same issue on Mexico's.

Looking forward to riding this crazy contraption, but does anyone else think this ride is going to be a maintenance nightmare? Lots of moving parts.

Not only will it be a maintenance nightmare but it's likely going to produce more vomit than any other ride in the park.

Coasterbill and Boldikus are banned from riding if they have consumed more than 2 beers.

Wow it's so much fun to watch! Very curious to see how people like/dislike it based on how repetitive the cycle looks. I ...also totally forgot Six Flags is installing these rides with the mid-year openings.

:lol: Boldikus isn't going anywhere near that thing no matter how many drinks he's had. Personally I think it looks great, but I feel like I'll be riding alone because there's no way Brit's riding that thing either.

Truth. Considering he and I both chickened out on Skyscraper at Moreys when all of us were hammered, I doubt he's going anywhere near that thing. I'll take some pictures of Texas' version when I'm down there, but you're not strapping me to that vomit factory.

2at4b1.jpg

My goodness. I'm usually fine with spinny flat rides. I love top scans, top spins, frisbees, super loops, and basically any other thrilling flat ride, but I'm not sure I would jump right on this one. You're basically either upside down or almost upside down for the vast majority of the ride! Yikes.

:lol: Boldikus isn't going anywhere near that thing no matter how many drinks he's had. Personally I think it looks great, but I feel like I'll be riding alone because there's no way Brit's riding that thing either.

correctamundo.jpg.d25f68580f7731a59075520bb66e3ef4.jpg

Does anyone know if the Safari ride typically runs in October? Thinking of visiting with the kids during Canadian Thanksgiving Oct 6-8, kids are young so Safari would be a big reason to come. That time of year, assuming nice weather, can we expect all the big adult rides to be running too (KK, Toro, Nitro, Bizarro)?

And to anyone who's been to Hersheypark, from a kids perspective (aged 3 and 5), which has the most to offer? Or does Hershey have that much more to offer that it would be worth spending $200 more? SF is free with our Laronde Gold Passes, so it's hard to resist

People seem to really speak fondly of the park

Thanks!

Everything will run in October as that is during the height of Fright Fest, so approach with caution. If you're planning on going early in the day, with kids, its actually not the worst time of the year to go. You could hit the safari first and then hit the bigger coasters. But once sundown rolls around (6pm) the park will typically become completely and totally mobbed and you're gonna hate life.

I think Hershey seems to have more to offer for kids, and that time of year they don't get crowds like Great Adventure. Hershey does do a fall event but its aimed at kids and other than a few decorations, they just have a trick-or-treat trail for kids 12 and under. I prefer Hershey to Great Adv in October, but I don't have kids (though I have gone with my sister-in-laws toddler). I just prefer the lighter crowds at Hershey.

Fright Fest sucks.

Edited by boldikus