TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I don't know if anybody notices this or not but it looks likes they're using the 1st gen RMC trains. It's the way lap bar designed looks like the 1st gen. Here's the picture for comparison.

I could be wrong though.

They're definitely the gen 1trains. The other way you can tell is by the number of wheels. Gen 2 trains have more.

31217657_Screenshot-2018-5-10TwistedTimbers-KingsDominion(DoswellVirginiaUSA).png.ba04f01168464d36d225e6a9a647a178.png

Made a park visit today - interesting day to say the least! First of all, the park's railroad train caught fire, forcing the closure of the Metropolis area of the park. I did not see any of this going on other than everyone being turned away from entering that area of the park. I did catch a whiff of burning something or another.

Second - park was very crowded with over 100 bus loads of band members from schools across the region.

Third- Twisted Cyclone was testing - a lot. We watched several test trains cycle through the ride. The anticipation is mounting!

Lastly, we 'took the plunge' and bought our Diamond Elite passes. You can buy memberships at the member services office inside the park. The staff there moved our existing dining plans over to our new membership. I did notice some of the benefits like preferred parking and preferred water park seating require a reservation the day before you visit, which could be a hassle. You cannot just show up and expect preferred parking or water park seating. You will have to enter a pass ID for ALL members in your party to utilize it. We will see how this goes but all in all I am glad we upgraded.

Tomorrow is Bring a Friend free day so I expect crowds!

Cheers.....

I went to opening day at white water. Hit a lot of rides in when I got thee at opening but due to heat got real crowded in afternoon. Left around 3. A few links like the bucket water drop were not running which always confuses me. You know when opening day is. Why should everything not be working?

First time I saw the dive in movie list for the year and outside I’d emoji movie is a good list. Wonder Woman justice league coco cars 3 pirates of carribean. Star Wars. Definitely will make more of those this year.

https://www.wsbradio.com/news/national/fire-six-flags-over-georgia-ride-sends-two-employees-hospital/ngzsNoDJmPzWJ3TLhakBHL/

Here's another link from our local news. You can hear loud pops and see lots of smoke. Park employees exhibited a sense of humor as well toward the end of the video. No laughing matter though as two employees and one guest received treatment.

Last week a Disney float caught fire. Who is next?

I never understood why people act so surprised when the park (or any park) is crowded on Friday or Saturday. Am I the only one that knows that those are the two BUSIEST days? Schools, Churches, Businesses, and Families almost ALWAYS plan to visit on a Saturday. Sundays are the best days to go if you want to avoid a crowd, with the exception of 'bring a friend' days.

Additionally, im waiting to hear more from the park about this fire yesterday. Ofcourse all the GP are on Facebook calling for Six Flags to be shut down, compairing them to Disney and Universal, etc.

Anyone know if Mind Bender is running one train, or both?

It was single train operations Yesterday. The park was wonderful at opening, we managed to ride every coaster from the 10 AM opening until about 12ish. The large amount of band and choral kids hit the park after that and it was a very busy day. The fact that the train closed the Metropolis section didn't help with crowds either as Justice League, SMUF and Reverse GASM were all closed after that.

For anybody that would like to see, youtuber Ohio Valley Caoasters caught the black train testing on Twisted Cyclone in the link below. This thing really looks like it's hauling! It flew through the wave turn! It definitely seems to be gaining more speed! I wonder if they tested it with the "different" wheels or if that is just really a result of GA heat? Lol

If my facts are correct, isnt Goliath the shortest hyper coaster in terms of length and ride time? If thats the case, im hoping that Twisted Cyclone follows the trend that Goliath started. Short but one helluva ride! A third lap would have been nice to have but getting an RMC is a blessing in its own so I wont complain.

Additionally, im waiting to hear more from the park about this fire yesterday. Ofcourse all the GP are on Facebook calling for Six Flags to be shut down, compairing them to Disney and Universal, etc.

The media is saying that the Train Engine caught on fire. Isn't the Train Engine more or less a dummy vehicle and the thing is actually driven from the tender?

Park employees exhibited a sense of humor as well toward the end of the video. No laughing matter though as two employees and one guest received treatment.

Hopefully Mighty Canadian Minebuster...

Bill, this is no laughing matter. What don't you understand about that?

The media is saying that the Train Engine caught on fire. Isn't the Train Engine more or less a dummy vehicle and the thing is actually driven from the tender?

The locomotives at the original three Six Flags are all real steam powered locomotives. I believe they are all propane fired.

^ I thought I read somewhere that the engines at SFOG were diesel powered engines. Im going to have to check and see.

Additionally, did anyone get out to the park yesterday or today? Any progress on the 3rd lap?