TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

@Sluggo77 thanks for the photos, very nice. I still can't believe how close that frisbee is to Joker. Can't wait to get back up there this summer.

It is insanely close. It’s going to add another element to an already impressive ride.

It's exactly the same here at SFOT. Here, Joker, Riddler and the new Harley Quinn ride are immediately adjacent to each other. And Catwoman is right across from Riddler.

I don't mean that they are placed next to each other, I mean how literally close its going to swing at Joker. Someone here a few pages back said its only 10 foot clearance on full swings. That's insane. Are SFOT Joker/Riddler that close? Doesn't look like it from what I can tell, but I've never been there.

I remember back during FrightFest at SFNE, if I made eye contact with the scare people? (idk the term for them), they wouldn't come up to me and (obviously) scare me. But the time I was looking down at my phone in the Demon District, and literally every person came up to scare me.

Could also be a safety thing. I've had friends who have worked as scare actors, and they all had enough bad encounters with drunks and macho idiots who wanted to show off for their girlfriends to make them size up anyone who seemed suspect before making a move. Direct eye contact can be interpreted as an aggressive gesture, and I suspect that most of them would see it as such.

Could also be a safety thing. I've had friends who have worked as scare actors, and they all had enough bad encounters with drunks and macho idiots who wanted to show off for their girlfriends to make them size up anyone who seemed suspect before making a move. Direct eye contact can be interpreted as an aggressive gesture, and I suspect that most of them would see it as such.

That's the term, actor. Sad I forgot what the word was that I wanted, as I love being one.

Does make sense, but I'm very skinny, and single, so I don't seem to hold up a threat.

• 2 weeks later...

Visited the park today.....we usually wait for the bad weather to go cuz it cuts down on the crowds....anyway.....daughter found out today she’s finally talk enough for ALL of the rides in the park.....she’s debating though whether she’s gonna brave Superman.....I didn’t push her....we rode pandemonium, lots of Gotham city; Catwoman whip.....then they closed the park at 7 cuz rain....we have passes and are only 25 min away....great day

My family and I took a quick trip to the park on Friday which appears to have been the nicer day of the weekend so far and boy was it mobbed with school band groups. The park was looking great and lots of nice new things since my last visit 2 years ago. The New Gotham City is a nice touch up of the South End, but nothing over the top. Harley Quinn was looking great as they tested it. My one real complaint on the day was the horrifically slow food service lines. I understand when groups show up it can take longer as everyone usually orders separately, but I waited in a line for simple chicken tenders and fries which took over 30 minutes to get, and it wasn't because they were making them, they had one person taking money and dishing out food while a second person was cooking. And while I could have gone to other locations it was the same scenario elsewhere.

While the park was great and the rides solid it was disappointing to see them strike out so badly in the food service department. They either need to have more people stationed at major food locales or open more spots with the people they have when they know they have large groups showing up. Of course not having the water park open to take some of the crowd away probably exacerbated things. I will give props to the Joker crew, they had that thing moving and getting people thru the line and on the ride. Maybe a 10 minute wait from the moment I stepped in line til I got on the ride. Superman crew was pretty good too.

^ The Superman crew is usually one of the best in the park. The first few weeks of the season had a slow line but that was more the fault of one train operations. I really like how they say they'll close the gates in 5 seconds and don't hesitate to do so to keepnthe line moving.

My family and I took a quick trip to the park on Friday which appears to have been the nicer day of the weekend so far and boy was it mobbed with school band groups. The park was looking great and lots of nice new things since my last visit 2 years ago. The New Gotham City is a nice touch up of the South End, but nothing over the top. Harley Quinn was looking great as they tested it. My one real complaint on the day was the horrifically slow food service lines. I understand when groups show up it can take longer as everyone usually orders separately, but I waited in a line for simple chicken tenders and fries which took over 30 minutes to get, and it wasn't because they were making them, they had one person taking money and dishing out food while a second person was cooking. And while I could have gone to other locations it was the same scenario elsewhere.

While the park was great and the rides solid it was disappointing to see them strike out so badly in the food service department. They either need to have more people stationed at major food locales or open more spots with the people they have when they know they have large groups showing up. Of course not having the water park open to take some of the crowd away probably exacerbated things. I will give props to the Joker crew, they had that thing moving and getting people thru the line and on the ride. Maybe a 10 minute wait from the moment I stepped in line til I got on the ride. Superman crew was pretty good too.

I was there with a friend on Friday as well, and yeah, you aren't kidding about the school groups. Maybe I'm just getting old, but preteens and teenagers get more and more irritating by the year, and while they were just kids being kids, we still eventually just got to the point where we couldn't deal with them any more and called it a day. There were also some extremely slow ride crews; definitely remember Wicked Cyclone's crew not being on point, and Thunderbolt's crew also could have picked up the pace a little bit. Wouldn't be surprised about the food crews, but neither of us felt like eating in the park aside from my friend's impassioned search for either a snow cone or a slushie and her abject expressions of horror at the price (which we still paid, as we didn't want to end our search empty-handed).

Wow, that thing swings crazy close to Joker. Looks great.

How the heck is this thing testing and getting ready to open soon but at SFMM it's still just a huge pile of dirt.

SFMM has all the time in the world to get it ready, while SFNE has to have it ready as soon as possible due to a relatively short season that typically takes several months to really take off due to unpredictable spring weather.

Planning on heading to the park Friday. Anyone know how the crowds will be? School is still in session with only half the colleges out. Any events going on that day that will cause it to be crowded?

Planning on heading to the park Friday. Anyone know how the crowds will be? School is still in session with only half the colleges out. Any events going on that day that will cause it to be crowded?

I’d bank on the park being absolutely slammed everyday next weekend if the weather is nice.