TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

It pretty much as the undisputed best coaster in Florida (Mako).

Admittedly I love Mako to death but you better watch your mouth around here with statements like that.

You know, if they had left the trims off the return camelback, I don’t think that would be such a bold statement ... I already love that coaster to death too.

The only benefit to that trim brake, is that B&M assumed that it was safe to have a sharp drop after it. So in the back, you get the best airtime of the ride on it, as you're going through the steep drop so fast. But anyways, its bizarre to have it on a two train coaster. Completely unneeded.

No need to defend it. If it's your favorite then that's great! My favorite coaster is Millennium Force and Brit's favorite is Gatekeeper and approximately 100% of people think we're nuts (and they're likely right). Mako's a great ride.

:lol: No need to defend it. If it's your favorite then that's great! My favorite coaster is Millennium Force and Brit's favorite is Gatekeeper and approximately 100% of people think we're nuts (and they're likely right). Mako's a great ride.

No no no. Not my favorite coaster, probably not top five. Just in Florida. Like you, its very tough to rank coasters. I prefer to rank parks if anything, but even that's tough. It was SROS@SFNE at one point in time, but it hasn't really aged great and the new restraints don't help. Last time I rode it was when it was Bizarro, and hated the VR. Ironically, it may just be Wicked Cyclone now (as they're both in the same, run of the mill park, when I've actually been to tons of parks), as its the only RMC I've been on. I guess until I knock out by big rust belt/Canada trip it stands at MF or WC.

I don't like to make expectations before riding a coaster or anything like that... and I'm firm on that. So let's just say that SeVen may just end up giving everything else a run for its money. But who knows, I don't like to speak authoritatively about coasters I've haven't even ridden once.

I'm sure that if Florida ever got an RMC, it would would give Mako a run for its money as #1 in Florida.

Yeah I don't know about "undisputed", I love Mako to death but I can think of quite a few coasters in Florida I prefer. To each his own though. I could absolutely see why someone would find Mako the best coaster in Florida. I definitely prefer a handful of coasters at BGT, Mummy, a certain yeti infested mountain at Animal Kingdom and a flying coaster on the other side of the same park but that's just me.

Then again... I'm awful at ranking coasters. If you ask me what my favorite coaster in Florida is every day for 3 days you might get 3 different answers between Montu, Kumba and Everest. It's insane how many awesome coasters and rides are all located within 90 minutes of each other and I'm jealous of everyone that lives there.

I should have said it as I would have no problem with the statement. I find myself asking the same questions often. Although I do feel confidently that Mako is the best "traditional" coaster in at least Florida. Several other themed coasters at Disney and Universal are BETTER rides I think but they are a completely different ride experience so I tend to exclude them.

Yeah I don't know about "undisputed", I love Mako to death but I can think of quite a few coasters in Florida I prefer. To each his own though. I could absolutely see why someone would find Mako the best coaster in Florida. I definitely prefer a handful of coasters at BGT, Mummy, a certain yeti infested mountain at Animal Kingdom and a flying coaster on the other side of the same park but that's just me.

Then again... I'm awful at ranking coasters. If you ask me what my favorite coaster in Florida is every day for 3 days you might get 3 different answers between Montu, Kumba and Everest. It's insane how many awesome coasters and rides are all located within 90 minutes of each other and I'm jealous of everyone that lives there.

I should have said it as I would have no problem with the statement. I find myself asking the same questions often. Although I do feel confidently that Mako is the best "traditional" coaster in at least Florida. Several other themed coasters at Disney and Universal are BETTER rides I think but they are a completely different ride experience so I tend to exclude them.

I feel like Disney and Universal are both very fun start to stop experiences throughout the whole day, but they don't exactly have coasters I can point to and say "these are world class great coasters." Disney has a lot of interesting experiences, shows, and interactive attractions that add up to a great day at the park. The rides are enjoyable for most part too. But if you plopped a ride of Thunder Mountain or Rock n' Roller Coaster in the middle of a basic Six Flags park as "Joker: the Jinx of Doom" with a parking lot in the background, you'd be bored pretty easily. I like Space Mountain, but I don't feel comfortable giving it a ranking of any sort.

And for Universal, the Hulk is great, as is RRR but besides that, none of the coasters really stand out. But again, with all that there is to do there, I can still have very fun days there.

I’ll be headed to Sea World this August for the first time since 2000. All this coaster talk has me excited. Ive heard about how great Manta is, but Mako sure has the most of my curiosity.

I think that Kraken was pretty rough though. It'll be interesting to see what you think as you rode it back when it was new. I heard it was great years ago.

I love Seaworld's coasters, they have a really solid collection. I rode Kraken in its first year, and I also rode it last year. It seemed fine to me in terms of roughness. Perhaps the train you rode needed a service, although I am short so maybe that helps. Mako is really fun but one of the weaker B&M hypers I've ridden. Manta I absolutely adore, although my boobs disagree.

I love Seaworld's coasters, they have a really solid collection. I rode Kraken in its first year, and I also rode it last year. It seemed fine to me in terms of roughness. Perhaps the train you rode needed a service, although I am short so maybe that helps. Mako is really fun but one of the weaker B&M hypers I've ridden. Manta I absolutely adore, although my boobs disagree.

Did you ride Mako in the back? Its definitely a back of the seat coaster. And I've been out of the game for several years, so I haven't ridden the new wave of B&M coasters. Maybe if you've ridden a bunch of them, its pretty ordinary for you now.

And for Kraken, maybe I just have a lower threshold for my tolerance for roughness.

And I thought Manta was great. I respected the ride for sure. But for some reason, I didn't really want to spam re-rides on it with no lines like I did for Mako. I think I just really didn't like when you dangle on the last block on your chest before they let you back in the station.

Did you ride Mako in the back? Its definitely a back of the seat coaster. And I've been out of the game for several years, so I haven't ridden the new wave of B&M coasters. Maybe if you've ridden a bunch of them, its pretty ordinary for you now.

I think I rode it in most seats. I really enjoyed it and it's a great coaster. I don't think I'd ever describe it as ordinary, and honestly even the worst B&M hyper is still really good, but it wasn't my favourite B&M hyper for sure.

And I thought Manta was great. I respected the ride for sure. But for some reason, I didn't really want to spam re-rides on it with no lines like I did for Mako. I think I just really didn't like when you dangle on the last block on your chest before they let you back in the station.

Yes I agree it definitely doesn't have the reride value of Mako. I did do Mako probably about 20 times when I was there, and Manta about 4 or 5. It honestly blew me away, but I totally agree that it's not comfortable enough to marathon!

I visited this park yesterday and everything was an absolute walk on. Ironically I brought the quick queue, and it was so worthless that the line attendants stopped even checking. I pretty much only used it so that I walk in through the shorter queue and not walk by unused queue lines.

That's definitely a minor side benefit if you end up having made a bad call. Still saves a bit of walking and eliminates switchback-related awkwardness; it's a nice change of pace even though walking through queues isn't a huge burden.

I went to SWO Monday of last week with my kids, and we had an absolutely amazing day! BGT was my favorite Florida park before, but after our visit to Sea World this time, I'm thinking it may just be this park now! I think the addition of Mako, which is a simply fantastic coaster, really helps tip the scales, and rounds out the park so well! Infinity Falls will only further that experience, though it will also be a bit similar to JTA in some ways. Regardless, I look forward to going on that next time we're in Florida!

Getting back to Mako, we got a handful of rides on it, both in the very front, and also the very back, and it just delivered a stellar ride everywhere! We even got a no trim ride on the return, our first ride of the day! It's a tough call, but in the end, I'd say Mako ekes out Behemoth and Diamondback among the B&M Hypers I've ridden (which is pretty much all of the North American ones, except Goliath). That means that every coaster at SWO, is my favorite coaster of that type, which is an amazing distinction for a park that is first and foremost an aquatic park!

Speaking of those animals, we did both the Dolphin show (my favorite animal), and the Killer Whale show, and they were both fantastic, as is to be expected! I made the mistake of sitting in the Splash Zone for the latter, and paid for it with wet clothes. But it's all part of the experience, really, so I didn't mind too much!

Kraken, a longtime favorite coaster of mine, is still awesome to me! And thankfully, no more VR! Sure, it's a little more rattly than it used to be, but it still runs pretty well in my opinion, and I just love its layout, SO much!

And of course when it comes to Manta, it's just a perfect example of what a Flying coaster should be, and definitely one of the most underrated coasters out there (as my sig below says!)

Crowds were minimal, the weather was beautiful, and a great day was had by all! What more could you ask for? Sea World is definitely my favorite Orlando area park, and yes, I'm aware of certain mouse, and spinning globe themed parks nearby!

Glad you had fun! If SeaWorld isn't my favorite Orlando park it's right up there so I totally get where you're coming from. They have a beautiful setting, awesome marine animals, a great beer selection and great coasters and they're busy rehabilitating injured and sick animals in the back while you're busy riding them so I mean... what more do you want?

Sounds like an awesome day. I enjoyed the park, the rides, the crowds, etc much more than expected. There isn't really anything to not like about SWO, can't wait to eventually go back.

Also as far as the Mako front/back seat debate up above, front right hand side all the way.

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release announcing Sesame Street will be coming to the park in Spring 2019 along with the park's first ever parade!

Today, SeaWorld Orlando shared exciting details on a brand-new themed land, opening Spring 2019. Families will be able to walk down Sesame Street for the very first time as Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando brings the world famous street to park guests, connecting them to all of the fun, laugher and learning of Sesame Street.

114F6F07-A02E-4166-BD8B-40B87751752A.thumb.jpeg.dd3ea4e543350f6010d05e2e8aa46efe.jpeg

“We are excited to transport our guests into the colorful and creative world of Sesame Street through immersive theming, character interactions and interactive play,” said SeaWorld Orlando President Jim Dean. “Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is an amazing addition to our park, providing more unique and memorable experiences for the entire family.”

A9AD2D2E-EE2F-496B-AE74-7A7F693D4E52.thumb.jpeg.c64296acf9f04a6e5e16367ad22cf8cf.jpeg

Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando Highlights:

• Explore: Guests will explore the iconic neighborhood as they walk through Abby Cadabby’s garden, visit Mr. Hooper’s store, stop by Big Bird’s nest, sit on the famous 123 stoop and meet their favorite friends from Sesame Street including Elmo, Cookie Monster and Big Bird.
  • Celebrate: Elmo and his furry friends, along with parade dancers will invite guests to join the party on Sesame Street daily during SeaWorld Orlando’s first-ever parade.
  • Play: The immersive area will feature exciting rides, wet and dry play areas and interactive experiences designed to entertain the entire family.

“In partnering with Sesame Workshop, we are creating a land for guests to make an authentic connection that can only be found in hugging a furry friend or reading a book with Big Bird,” shared Amanda Trauger, Experience Design Manager for SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment.

Construction on Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is currently underway. The new themed area will be located on the south end of the park, where Happy Harbor currently stands.

For more information, park hours and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.SeaWorldOrlando.com. Follow SeaWorld on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest event details and information.

1E3EA92B-3116-420F-A5B0-30F4940D44CA.thumb.jpeg.59121b349ef9aa60bc1136c0dc8492ac.jpeg

5134E89C-4E60-47F5-83F3-0E08A88FE54B.thumb.jpeg.87389ee22d93790a12d41732bfd2f898.jpeg

CAD9AC1D-FE39-4208-A65B-0A68D36CEAD3.thumb.jpeg.19abf4c4ac488f79c521ca6f6fe6c46a.jpeg

30BB4B64-9B6B-4D82-B06F-5056FE0332F3.thumb.jpeg.7c848bfba1e302f8ed83291b6b3b1f05.jpeg

C3EFE944-2E2A-4BBB-89CE-663D52F83E6A.thumb.jpeg.36916eaa6f4b256724824710d9ad0f3d.jpeg

E3081E9F-E3C5-4215-914A-518A7CDBB6EB.thumb.jpeg.e382e31e4bfb95e58a3f68d1962ed802.jpeg

Looks like from the picture, Shamu Express will be painted dark purple, and get a different train with different color cars...I'm guessing the Oscar Wacky Taxi theme will replace Shamu.

I bet you're wrong and it's Air Grover.

Great addition to the park. 2019 is going to be a MASSIVE year in central Florida. Harry Potter coaster, Terminator 2 replacement, Sesame Street area and parade, Galaxy Edge, Mickey and Minnie's Railway, a new coaster being rumored for Busch Gardens and I am sure something significant at Legoland. Man the crowds are going to be over the top. I also think Fun Spot will try and get a piece of the pie as well.

Plus there could be a new water park with the Margaritaville Resort opening next summer as well.

Hey hey hey, lookie here! Did not expect to see an announcement this soon, looks like an awesome improvement over Happy Harbor.

One thing that does strike me weird is that they didn't put any theming into the area that's related to the park. Not a complaint by any means, but it does kind of stick out to me. I mean, BGT has the Safari theme, BGW has the forest/kingdom/whatever theme, and the other two SeaWorlds (San Antonio and San Diego) have Bay of Play... what stopped them from just doing an ocean theme? I'd imagine that they could also save a ton from keeping some existing structures if they took that route (i.e. the ship and the Sea Carousel). Again, not complaining, but it does feel a bit odd to me.

This expansion sounds great but it's kind of a bummer that they have to close Shamu Express and the train ride from now until 2019. Wish there was a way to work around it and keep them open for the summer season.

(I'm pretty sure I read they were closing, neither ride is currently listed on the website)

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release announcing Sesame Street will be coming to the park in Spring 2019 along with the park's first ever parade!

Today, SeaWorld Orlando shared exciting details on a brand-new themed land, opening Spring 2019. Families will be able to walk down Sesame Street for the very first time as Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando brings the world famous street to park guests, connecting them to all of the fun, laugher and learning of Sesame Street.

[*]Explore: Guests will explore the iconic neighborhood as they walk through Abby Cadabby’s garden, visit Mr. Hooper’s store, stop by Big Bird’s nest, sit on the famous 123 stoop and meet their favorite friends from Sesame Street including Elmo, Cookie Monster and Big Bird.

[*]Celebrate: Elmo and his furry friends, along with parade dancers will invite guests to join the party on Sesame Street daily during SeaWorld Orlando’s first-ever parade.

[*]Play: The immersive area will feature exciting rides, wet and dry play areas and interactive experiences designed to entertain the entire family.

“In partnering with Sesame Workshop, we are creating a land for guests to make an authentic connection that can only be found in hugging a furry friend or reading a book with Big Bird,” shared Amanda Trauger, Experience Design Manager for SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment.

Construction on Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is currently underway. The new themed area will be located on the south end of the park, where Happy Harbor currently stands.

For more information, park hours and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.SeaWorldOrlando.com. Follow SeaWorld on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest event details and information.

Um, don't quote me on this, but doesn't BGW have a Sesame Place park in the documents, that's already a lot of money spent right now. Knowing SEAS isn't doing too well financially.