TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

^ I'm not too sure about it. And the "stuff with sprinkles" on top - what is that? Mashed potato (or thick white gravy) and.....? Hmmm.

Then again, I had myself a BBQ Crickets Burger at our annual fair back in August. So a Beef & Rice Cone should be easy to eat!

It all looks delicious, but uh, how are you supposed to eat the Long hot dog? A fork?

With a good friend.

FrozenFantasy2018a.jpg.d1f6bda9cd22da35aa701c111da2796f.jpg

...And then there's this "FROZEN Hot Dog."

So wtf is that purple and white stuff??? (o;

New TOMICA vehicles all being debuted through this first year of the 35th Anniversary Celebration of TDR!

Tomica27.png.5761ce4d6e308e9221f16d19361c4968.png

Go to www.tdrexplorer.com for more info. ... my fave isn't out till mid-October!

Tomica26.jpg.66fd25c674cc7d2067ebabcf33cedbe3.jpg

This is my fave. But not till mid-Oct. #sadbutpatient

^ Some people are already starting to pre-sell these on eBay. If you want to see some of them closer up,

go to eBay and type in: Tokyo Disney, Tomica ... and you'll get a good number of them there, as well as

older ones from past TDR years and events.

Tomica28.jpg.74c04d4a4954d0bcd98a101c0fc6cdb3.jpg

This one will be available, April 10th. It's quite, what I'd call, "snazzy" isn't it? (o:

Tomica29.jpg.95c019d3e500d6b02793761358a24ee7.jpg

This one's available June 10th. Both cars are ¥1,200 each, at the parks. © Disney

^During our recent trip we bought a few attraction-specific magnets from the associated gift shop, but for the more generic merchandise (Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea-branded merchandise) we bought much of ours at the shops at each of the parks' main entrance plazas (like inside of the World Bazaar)... There's also a goldmine of additional merchandise at Bon Voyage, the store outside of the entrance of Tokyo Disneyland, which doesn't require you to enter the park to visit.

^During our recent trip we bought a few attraction-specific magnets from the associated gift shop, but for the more generic merchandise (Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea-branded merchandise) we bought much of ours at the shops at each of the parks' main entrance plazas (like inside of the World Bazaar)... There's also a goldmine of additional merchandise at Bon Voyage, the store outside of the entrance of Tokyo Disneyland, which doesn't require you to enter the park to visit.

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is about one month+ away from (hopeful*) Major Announcements by Oriental Land Co., I am just curious

how construction is doing over in Tokyo Disneyland, and Disney Sea. Anyone been there lately, and taken any photos?

Thanks in advance!

*Hopeful = Frozenland; DisneySKY;...and/or...?

CandyCase03.JPG.a4a52946d0ef771658a442b55d97c380.JPG

Candy Cases from TDLR.

^ I think they do with pins and such. You'll have to check in the usual City Hall place in TDL.

And they do have maps in English, there at the parks. And a good number of the cast members

speak in English as well as their native Japanese.

By the way, do pick up their weekly/monthly guides to current events, merchandise and food.

It's all in Japanese, but there's so much visual stuff to see and enjoy. And you can sometimes

figure out where this all can be found in the parks, too. Just by the pictures there in it.

So, you'll really be fine, getting around.

Here's the English version of the Tokyo Disney site: http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/

EDIT: I have found that any City Hall in any of the Disney Magic Kingdoms world wide,

have all the usual buttons and pins for celebrating whatever needs to be celebrated, lol!

(Sometimes you might get a lot of character stickers too, like in Tokyo.)

april-tokyo-disney-resort.jpg.00925e5f007b1d37c93ddb3b7e6f4b13.jpg

The new current Guide. All in Japanese, but really cool to look through! A great easy souvenir of your visit there.

Photo thanks to www.tdrexplorer.com ~ great up to date info. on everything in the Disney Asian Resorts.

498236905_ResizeofIMG_3109.JPG.8e6706b9e6f204d8251c5e66dc36a583.JPG

These are the various parks maps from our TPR Japan Tour in 2013.

The English TDLR maps are at the bottom of the pic. (o:

Here's what was released, and what I saved, as far as concept art goes, last year/several months ago....

Expansion00.png.ecbb49d047919a31e92f0c7c66425278.png

Probably a lot of rock work is going to be done to cover the show buildings, like it is with all the Galaxy's Edge rock work.

Expansion02a.jpg.04ec48b8ca8eb9e8fe274552caa8945e.jpg

overall-view.thumb.jpg.2bb6265e92dcdca466d23118e0f55251.jpg

Overall view.

Just posted at http://www.tdrexplorer.com with photos, thankyou!....

Tanabata Days returns to Tokyo Disney Resort this summer with seasonal greetings, decorations, food, and merchandise.

The extended event will run June 7 until July 7, 2018.

Tanabata or “Star Festival” is a Japanese celebration which marks the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi.

Legend says the two lovers (a/k/a/ Minnie & Mickey) are separated by the Milky Way and are only able to meet

on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month.

Tanabata Days is a great opportunity to see Disney characters take part in a uniquely Japanese event and buy souvenirs

of Mickey and friends in traditional dress.

Tokyo Disney Resort used to host the event for just one week but has extended it over the years,

so in 2018 it will run for a whole month.

Sorry to do this to you Elissa, but.... V ... And it's a lovely time of year to visit, too! We were there with TPR in 2013

and with all the decorations and souvenirs and food available for the event...really something special for me.

tanabata-chip-dale-badge2018.thumb.jpg.eda6476255085e4218124f3f9fc4e6d4.jpg

Tanabata Chip and Dale Badge ¥2,800 © Disney

tanabata-set-meal2018.jpg.6f8f89e84bf8e1fea93a686be2928ae1.jpg

And of course, a themed meal for the occasion. Very Japanese! (o:

IMG_2699.thumb.JPG.edf841ee93ee33aa11b76a2d3e66f64e.JPG

My first sight of the Tanabata "Message Tree" in the World Bazaar in TDL. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.