TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Curious, how loud are the RMC lift hills?

I've been watching this thing test over my breaks this past weekend, and I even almost got to ride it Sunday. But that lift hill is LOUD. I haven't been on any other RMC to compare, so I figured I ask around here.

Loud! I noticed even the Wonder Woman lift hill was loud in the other thread.

Curious, how loud are the RMC lift hills?

I've been watching this thing test over my breaks this past weekend, and I even almost got to ride it Sunday. But that lift hill is LOUD. I haven't been on any other RMC to compare, so I figured I ask around here.

I've been on Twisted Colossus and Storm Chaser and can confirm that both have loud lift hills.

I remember when Storm Chaser’s first POV came out and it barely made it to the end. Now the biggest complaint about that ride is how much their thighs hurt the next day because of how relentless it is till the end

Exactly my thoughts. It should be broken in by like May. People need to chill.

I don't even think it looks sluggish. The first drop looks great, the 3 airtime hills look incredible, the cutback looks awesome, and the second half looks really, really strong. And yeah, the trains were frickin empty in the vid! I'm excited to ride, and I think it'll only get better as the season progresses.

I know, I think it looks great too. People are legitimately insane. I can't wait for the weekend.

All I know is if we have to listen to people complain about it running slow on Saturday you can find me at the beer garden drinking that Center of the Universe whatever the f*ck beer.

Edited by coasterbill

Some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. I'm not going this weekend but I think it looks absolutely amazing and a total blast to ride.

I got the skip the line season pass this year and plan on riding the hell out of it when I go. I'm hoping to get there sometime in April.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I've been stressing all week whether I'm going to fit on the thing. Probably gonna shoot down after work friday and walk straight to the test seat and if I can't fit well at least Intimidator 305 will welcome me not the worst trade off!

I've been stressing all week whether I'm going to fit on the thing. Probably gonna shoot down after work friday and walk straight to the test seat and if I can't fit well at least Intimidator 305 will welcome me not the worst trade off!

Hah!

I'm in the same boat as you. My off-season workout/diet was a bust.

Yeah the scale hasn't budged for me in months but at least my waistline is shrinking! If I can get on that would be a solid payoff for a full year in the gym. The only RMC I've ridden is New Texas Giant which to be honest I raised my expectations for it astronomically high so it didn't exactly blow me away (I was expecting El Toro greatness). These more recent RMCs seem a little more aggressive than NTAG is.

We were planning on going to the park this weekend, but I think weather and other plans are going to get in the way. Oh well, it will be there when I get there, probably early April if nothing else.

As to the test footage, I think it only looks "sluggish" after the final inversion, meaning like the last turn of the ride. At that point who cares? It pretty much tears through the rest of the course. Again, this is cold weather testing so it won't be like this forever. Either way, I feel like odds are good that this will become many people's favorite ride in the park.

I'm already down in the area (because I'm a f***ing idiot who booked a non-refundable room for Wednesday night a month ago) and all the snow that got dropped on the park is in the process of melting. It's thin hoodie weather outside with next to no wind and no clouds. I expect a full train of eager riders is going to make this thing absolutely fly tomorrow. Also, it's impossible to judge a ride based off of footage alone; I learned that lesson the hard way from the Skyrush POV. "That's it? It looks boring" quickly became "OH SHEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIII--" when I rode it the first time.

Yeah, weather at the park is looking like standard March weather in VA. That being said, my half of the state has empty shelves in the stores where all of the milk and bread should be since we're expecting another 6" of snow Saturday so my trip will wait a week or two.

Geesh I saw one review call TT "slow and lethargic" but I assume this has to do with the fact it was ridden in the mid-40s.

The one I saw said sluggish but also noted it still had serious ejector airtime. If it's running in about the worst possible conditions for that park and still providing crazy airtime, that says a lot just how incredible this ride is.